Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

SE, you are missing out on multiple streams of revenue!

Dear SE,
    Please consider implementing the following features which I'm sure a large percentage of players would be willing to pay for:

1.) Paid Name/Race change
    2.) Novelty items like Moogle Cap, Tidal Talisman...and more!
    3.) Perhaps the ability to buy login points or Daily Tally points
    4.) Smaller micro-transactions for various points (cruor, ichor, tokens, login/conquest points)

I think these (and more) should be considered with the implementation of Paypal.
    (0)

Player
    Please for all the love of holy, tell me this is satire after seeing the cash shop rants in XIV today. No cash shop in XI. Please. Ever. Let it be the single MMO with a sub that avoids it.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBie343 View Post
    Dear SE,
    Please consider implementing the following features which I'm sure a large percentage of players would be willing to pay for:

maybe
    Yes, please
    4.) Smaller micro-transactions for various points (cruor, ichor, tokens, login/conquest points)
    No, no no and hell no.
    If we're doing that, they might as well start selling gil.
    (5)

I wouldn't mind vanity items if the profit went into improving the game and getting good updates and possibly killing PS2. I do mind anything that improves characters at all, even buying bayld or conquest points... Stay very far away from that please.
    (4)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    They should allow people to obtain ra-ex costume items from events that people missed for whatever reason.

I myself obtained Tidal Talisman from the real-world event many years ago. And I have no problem with other people obtaining this and similar items today, by purchase from SE Acc Mng site. These were special gifts, and gifts should keep on giving.

Big *no* to buying any currencies or gil-items that allow a player to leapfrog their character progress ahead of other players who do not have the funds to pay for the same progress, or players who find the idea of paying for progress distasteful.

No to comparing FFXI and FF14. They are not similar games, they are not even the same genre of games. FFXI is a stratified RPG, with a strong effort/reward system, the realism and atmosphere in FFXI comes from this strong and vibrant ingame marketplace. In real marketplaces, if you want something you have to earn the currency to pay for it. I think that is how RPG games should be, for realism and also for gaming fairness.
    (0)

Character
    Demetrius
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Vanity items are cool and fun. No paid mmo should ever sell stuff that actually involves or effects game play, or gives them an advantage over others.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMBie343 View Post
    Dear SE,

We definitely need this, I'm sure there's A LOT of people (myself included) who would be willing to pay for this feature, that's a lot of money in itself. I imagine it's made XIV a fair sum too.

I'm pretty indeterminate about which race/face/hair I want to play, and that mood changes often, being able to change my character would actually earn them a lot more money as I would just pay the fee rather then disabling my account until my mood for my current character came back.

I just don't have the time to make like 3-5 characters for race/hair options and get them all to the same point all the time, I have several kids, even one can be hard to get things done on sometimes.

I guess that would be ok, maybe add the trust NPC's people missed from logins/events, but typically SE has them in special events already anyway. Except maybe the Talisman, that was a special item for purchasing an expensive statue (iirc), and it isn't even that useful anymore really. I guess for collectors purposes though.

No. If you want more login points, login more often. 3/4's of the campaign items can be gotten free in game for little effort these days, so more login points is a bit useless, esp if you do the above.

Triple NO if they ever start adding more valuable things to the login campaign, I doubt they will but, would be nice tho, but esp no, no, no, NO at that point.

Absolutely not.
    FFXI is highly built around the philosophy of hard work = great rewards. If you could just login and get half of it by paying 20$ then wth hard work did you put into the game? They might as well let you buy ancient currency and alexander at that rate as you'd be halfway to a mythic weapon anyway!

Just NO! nononononnoononono!

If you want something that would drive people from XI, that would be it. People play FFXI because it's like no other MMO (seriously... it's kind of sad actually.) if you start making it like other MMO's with shops like that, you're going to lose the sub base's veteran players a lot faster then aby or adoulin did, and they make up a lot of the current subscriptions.

I think these (and more) should be considered with the implementation of Paypal.
    I don't really see an objection for paypal or other payment methods. (legal ones of course)

If more people are able to pay and play FFXI, where's the problem?
    (0)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Fine with cash shop for past seasonal event items or entry items to heroine's holdfast or w/e it's called. Even limited time trust ciphers would be ok but approaching the pay to win line. Definitely never do a cash shop for in game currencies/points/items that actually effect gameplay though!
    (1)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    They should also make special DLC stuff for people. People get a basic update, but special updates monthly! Think about it!
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I might be tempted to buy more sheets of ochestrion music if the price is right.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast