Character
    Ruaumoko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99

High-Purity Bayld

Are there any plans to either slightly increase the supply of High-Purity Bayld in the near future? That or reduce the amount required for the final stage of an Ergon weapon?

It just seems odd that so many (9999) are required for the final stage when that amounts to almost two/three times the cost of an average mythic weapon. High-Purity Bayld ranges anywhere between 30k and 50k across most servers and just seems extremely extortionate. Sure, one could say that is down to the playerbase of a given server to determine but that is ultimately affected by the means of supply versus demand. It is even more puzzling when you consider that the other requirement for the final stage being a 2,500,000 plasm item from Fori-Porri, which is frankly nothing.

I'm not suggesting both increasing the supply and reducing the requirements as some challenge should still be present but either one or the other would be great. A few suggestions I can think of.

- Make Aged Box [Bayld] a potential from from Delve mega-bosses.
    - Make the Velkk or Adherents in Incursion drop single High-Purity Bayld instead of low quality coffers.
    - Halve the Bayld to High-Purity Bayld conversion rate so it becomes 5000 > 1.
    - Reduce the amount of High-Purity Bayld required for the final stage of an Ergon weapon by roughly half. To an amount between 5000 and 7000.

Thank you for your time!
    (5)
    Last edited by Lyncath; 10-21-2014 at 08:37 AM.

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyncath View Post
    Are there any plans to either slightly increase the supply of High-Purity Bayld in the near future? That or reduce the amount required for the final stage of an Ergon weapon?

It just seems odd that so many (9999) are required for the final stage when that amounts to almost two/three times the cost of an average mythic weapon. High-Purity Bayld ranges anywhere between 30k and 50k across most servers and just seems extremely extortionate. Sure, one could say that is down to the playerbase of a given server to determine but that is ultimately affected by the means of supply versus demand. It is even more puzzling when you consider that the other requirement for the final stage being a 2,500,000 plasm item from Fori-Porri, which is frankly nothing.

I'm not suggesting both increasing the supply and reducing the requirements as some challenge should still be present but either one or the other would be great. A few suggestions I can think of.

- Make Aged Box [Bayld] a potential from from Delve mega-bosses.
    - Make the Velkk or Adherents in Incursion drop single High-Purity Bayld instead of low quality coffers.
    - Halve the Bayld to High-Purity Bayld conversion rate so it becomes 5000 > 1.
    - Reduce the amount of High-Purity Bayld required for the final stage of an Ergon weapon by roughly half. To an amount between 5000 and 7000.

Thank you for your time!
    - The one that really concerns me is the Aged Boxes. I have yet to see one drop since they were implemented, and I've done A LOT of Wildskeeper Reives. IMO, the drop rate of those should be raised.

- Having Velkk drop single High-Purity Bayld in Incursion, I actually like that idea. I would support it.

- The conversion rate is fine as it is, IMO, though I would welcome a 5000:1 conversion rate.

- I agree with this. Truth be told, when I initially heard that the amount of HP Bayld needed went from 2500 on the 2nd to last stage to 9999 on the last stage I was surprised and a little confused. I thought 5000 was going to be the number.
    (1)

Character
    Ruaumoko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Bringing this thread back up with a few more suggestions.

- Make the drop rate of at least x1 High-Purity Bayld for Colonisation/Lair Revies 100% and there being a 25~50% drop rate of a second.
    - Make the drop rate of Aged Box [Bayld] from Wildskeeper Reives 100% instead of a single piece.
    - Allow us to trade unwanted Delve equipment to Runje Dessali for Bayld we can, in turn, trade to her for High-Purity Bayld.

On a side note, is there any particular reason that Lair Reives in Outer Ra'Kaznar are botted by legions of Black Mages? Not sure if this is endemic to the Bahamut server but whenever I check the area there seems to be a tonne of anonymous players with keyboard-mashed names in there constantly. Is the drop rate of High-Purity Bayld bugged in that area or something?
    (0)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The reive in ra'kaz have a high enough amount of HP that they give several evaluations before they fall, and you can also get useful high tier simulacra pieces, its pretty much the new 'fishbotting' for people to afk make gil. Bayld (hp bayld) is terrible gil/hr so people have resorted to this to make ergon weapons also.

The reive also have enough out of aggro range on them that you can freely attack them with mage job.
    (0)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar