Character
    Warmage
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99

Long Battles: White Mage Dependency On Bard Refresh | Equiv. Opts. - {Can I have it?}

When are we going to see equivalent options to bard with respect to the level of refresh for mages (esp. white mages). Long and intense battles require significant refresh as it seems there has been an increase in the frequency and quantity of monsters executing strong AOE moves in new content, thus cure(ga) spamming is increasingly vital to the success of a run. Of course we all know about the "cure" aug pants and the relationship to cure(ga) spell (I hope).

Nothing matches bard in regard to refresh and so many times for long lasting and intense content its "No bard - no go", especially with pick-up groups. "No More MP" = Certain death and cements a likely waste of time.

There should be at least two options that match that type of potency and duration, imho. Shouting for a bard sucks and "setting for"/"acquiring" a sucky burn bard sucks even more. When it seems you need 1 brd per whm, content that can be done as a party of 18 gets really tough to execute since a 18 man party gets tough to fill due to a lack of 1 job. Some people still like the 12-18 man party especially if they like getting a variety of jobs and players involved with /exposed to the content.

Why are we alright with one job being such a gate to certain content and inclusion? Why are we ok with having to uses more than one job to come close to the refresh provided by bard?
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    We do incursion with a single WHM and she only needs any source of refresh at all when killing bosses. Even then, entrusted indi refresh is enough.

Use AF3+2 legs or the ones from PIP.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I almost never even run low on MP, even with the hardest content. Orison Pantaloons work great, like Byrth said, and having a lot of Cure Potency gear is a big help too. I use mostly Cure III and Cure IV, and get about the same punch as a poorly equipped WHM gets with 5 and 6. Cure V I'll hit if someone takes a big wallop and Cure VI if it's "ohcrap he's at double digit HP now". But between good gear and RDM sub I have plenty of MP.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging_Oracle View Post
    yea there are actually people in your shell from Odin. At least your consistently inaccurate. Maybe next time you should look and know what you speak of before you just speak to what someone is else is doing.
    Care to name em? You seem to know much more about my LS than I do.

The BS comment was more eluding to you acting like you knew what you were doing, calling BS on Byrth's statement, which was plenty accurate based on my own experiences. To be frank, I could care less if you lead 50 130+ ally runs a day, it sounds like you don't utilize stun because you "found some better way to do it" whatever that is. Even though this "better way to do it" is causing you MP issues to the point that a Geo, Cor, or Rdm can't provide your Whm with enough Refresh to keep it up, so you're forced to find a Brd.

You've been responded to that other jobs provide what you're seeking (yes, not as strong, but it doesn't need to be as strong, it's more than enough when playing well), you just choose not to use them that way. I really don't know what else to tell you. But enjoy whipping that ego around like you've got one up on someone. The rest of us will just enjoy clearing the content. ^^/
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeaaah, I stand by what I said. WHM AF3+2 pants are hax and after that it's just a matter of being competent and not overcuring. I don't even bother bringing Bard to Incursion anymore.

We typically use:
    GEOx2, DD x2, THF, WHM
    BLM, RDM

If we have only 7 people, we drop the RDM. If we have 9 people, THF goes to the outside party and we pick up a DD (or we pick up a SCH in the outside party depending who the 9th is). If we have 10 people, we typically have THF and SCH in the outside party. The one time we had 12 people, we added a BRD, COR, SCH, and THF in the outside party.

You'll notice that none of those setups involve a bard being in the same party as our white mage. Get a better white mage.
    (2)

As someone who often oges BRD to these events, I'd like to chip in that half the time I give only 1 ballad to the WHM; for 3 reasons:

#1 He doesn't need that much refresh.

#2 It's easier for me as I only need to pianissimo 1 song onto him

#3 Having capped magic haste on him means faster erases and such.
    (1)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I love when I go BRD and I'm doing other things and the WHM gets mad at me for not ballading them. Meanwhile he has 1400/1550 MP.

You guys get 7-8MP autorefresh(bearing in mind Moonshade) and Convert/Sublimation/Arts/Pantaloons/Refresh(spell). At 75 you got none of that shit.
    (0)
    Last edited by Xsilver; 10-20-2014 at 03:09 PM.