Character
    Orestes
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Lockstyle issue with Daken

Hello,

If you switch from a Shuriken to any other type of ammo, it breaks lockstyle. For example, If I switch to another ammo like Yetshila for Weaponskills, it makes using lockstyle very inconvenient.

Can this be addressed?

Thanks
    (8)

Yeah this sucks but I don't think it can be fixed. You are actually switching a visible weapon when you change from shuriken to another ammo, that is why it breaks the lock style. You can't throw the other ammos, but if you switch to one that you can it breaks it. Same issues w/mages atm, they should adjust that.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Throwing a +1 to this suggestion, I would really like for this to be fixed. This also happens when you go from holding nothing to holding shuriken btw, so even if I was going to try to avoid this problem by never using other ammo, I'd still end up running into this problem if I use Sange.

Blinking when you swap ranged weapons I get because the animations for bows and crossbows are different, for example, but animations generally don't change when you swap from one ammo to another, you can either throw or you can't, so this shouldn't be an issue on anything other than just a technical level.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Yeah this sucks but I don't think it can be fixed. You are actually switching a visible weapon when you change from shuriken to another ammo, that is why it breaks the lock style.
    They've actually "fixed" it for one thing. Geo bells I assumed would do this as well when /lockstyle was added, however if you lockstyle while you have an ammo equipped, and you later equip a bell to cast, you will do the default bell-less animation, but still gain the benefits of having the bell. Just as well, lockstyling with a bell, then later changing to ammo will have the bell animation during casting, whether you actually have a bell equipped or not. It only works with bells and ammos however, throwing weapons (like AV's +MAcc chakram) still break it. Hopefully they can figure out a work around, sucks to either deal with constantly blinking, or locking out a slot for WSs/spells/JAs.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Yeah this sucks but I don't think it can be fixed. You are actually switching a visible weapon when you change from shuriken to another ammo, that is why it breaks the lock style. You can't throw the other ammos, but if you switch to one that you can it breaks it. Same issues w/mages atm, they should adjust that.
    I know it is "Supposed" to be a "VISIBLE weapon" However, IT should be fixed, IT does Drive all WHM crazy when My ninja or ninjas in general keep Blinking every 5 seconds.

They should make so that if you Swap Ammo ~> ammo doesn't Break "/lockstyle on" , that the only way to break would be :
    1) Zone
    2) /lockstyle off

That would also Allow you to Swap Main Weapon / Sub w/o breaking Lockstyle (Thinking of PLD Swaping from Ochain ~> Aegis~>Back to Ochain)

Just a sugestion, if they would at least fix the "AMMO" Issue would help out a Great Deal for all WHM , RDM , SCH to be able to heal us , the NIN !!

SE Is more than Able to make this update and Fix this issue , we Really need to Request them to do so.
    (0)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    are they fixing this issue ?
    (0)

Character
    Linkka
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    This is still an issue with the new lockstyle, even more annoying swapping shuriken to shuriken still causes a blink.
    (2)

Character
    Kuroganashi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkka View Post
    This is still an issue with the new lockstyle, even more annoying swapping shuriken to shuriken still causes a blink.
    was about to say this , even with the update I still Blink while Swaping my Shuriken for Impatiens for Casting and then Swaping back to Shuriken would Blink me again

Or from Shuriken > WS Ammo > Shuriken :X

Square Enix gotta fix that crap ASAP >< Cuz it is annoying and it could Be Lethal during one of the lvl 130 fights

Well, that is all there is to say.

Hope all is fixed soon.
    (1)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This is still obnoxious. Can we get lockstyle to work properly with shurikens please?
    (0)