Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    XIV's SE golden child now. And from what I see on the Adoulin story closure, it felt rushed, as if SE trying to get over this as quick as possible.
    Isn't this problem happening to a lot of the XIV players too?

Regardless, it's definitely no way to run a business in any sense.
    (0)

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrymithra View Post
    If they are worried about somone paying for the month then recalling the money on paypal simply lm-11 them until they repay.
    You can just as easily file a chargeback on credit card and you do get banned if that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    XIV's SE golden child now. And from what I see on the Adoulin story closure, it felt rushed, as if SE trying to get over this as quick as possible.
    XIV's got the same issue. They've got a thread on their forum from September 2013 to now with over 100 pages. While they do have timecards, it screws over people who have Legacy because they can't get the discount.
    (1)

Character
    Scarfo
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    Get this sorted out come on, in a few hour i'll lose my last account and the ability to post on here.

I really don't know what is taking so long, well at least everyone can see the shambles for customer service this company has hopefully at some point down the line it costs you business.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Angrymithra View Post
    Get this sorted out come on, in a few hour i'll lose my last account and the ability to post on here.

I really don't know what is taking so long, well at least everyone can see the shambles for customer service this company has hopefully at some point down the line it costs you business.
    As long as you don't sign out or try to view your profile, you can continue to post from your computers you have logged in on before expiration. Doing either expires your cookies on all systems and locks you out. I posted for months with my FFXI account inactive while fighting for my region change, until I accidentally viewed my profile and expired my login.
    (0)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    Isn't this problem happening to a lot of the XIV players too?

Regardless, it's definitely no way to run a business in any sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasch View Post
    XIV's got the same issue. They've got a thread on their forum from September 2013 to now with over 100 pages. While they do have timecards, it screws over people who have Legacy because they can't get the discount.
    Well... yes it does, and I'm also one complaining there too. But XIV still has their exclusive game time card which would works even though it's more expensive than legacy billing that I have. There's also extra billing that game time card can't handle such as additional services like retainers/namingway/phantasia or cash shop for buying minion and stuff, but that is something I (and even most of ppl) can live without.

XI on the other hand, are completely stuck without CC/DC billings. And they don't even have exclusive game time card too.

And that's not all. XIV has been offering cumulative billings like quarter or half year billing which is way cheaper compared paying it monthly. Sadly, XI only has monthly billings, which they should seeing that this game are getting older.
    (0)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bye-bye Q___________________________Q

I'm done trying to fight for this. I've played the game for a very long time and enjoyed my time in it, but SE is a horribly run company that doesn't value their customers in the least. The things I've done for the last month and a half and the amount of frustration I've been through has just soured me to the point where I really don't give a shit anymore. I doubt even a years worth of free time could get me to come back to this game, let alone any square product/game in the future.

Anyone who still actually has the desire to play this game and is still having issues, good luck. I hope they do actually fix stuff soon. (Although personally I wouldn't be holding my breath).
    (0)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    Bye-bye Q___________________________Q

I'm done trying to fight for this. I've played the game for a very long time and enjoyed my time in it, but SE is a horribly run company that doesn't value their customers in the least. The things I've done for the last month and a half and the amount of frustration I've been through has just soured me to the point where I really don't give a shit anymore. I doubt even a years worth of free time could get me to come back to this game, let alone any square product/game in the future.

Anyone who still actually has the desire to play this game and is still having issues, good luck. I hope they do actually fix stuff soon. (Although personally I wouldn't be holding my breath).
    awww... that sucks. This game is too wonderful to let go. Hope you got your issues resolves. ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Jeanna, you are a really nice person and skilled player in the game. I'm sorry this has happened to you and your ls. I did a few things with you guys previously and could see how this is devastating to your group of friends.

Unfortunately for me, I went to subscribe since the free week was ending today. I got hit with a 601. I googled 601, since there was no real information given.

I discovered an answer stating that it's usually when the billing address is incorrect. So I checked mine and found it was out of date. I corrected it and started getting 401 errors. Anyone following this thread knows what that entails and that I, of course, assumed I had incorrectly entered my credit card. So I entered it again. And a 3rd time. I scratched my head.

I tried my other credit card. Still denied with 401.

I browsed around and found I'm likely screwed from enjoying XI any time soon. A very large bummer, as not only was I going to return, but my significant other as well.

The very least Square can do before making other options available is EDITING THE ERROR TEXT TO MAKE IT LESS ESOTERIC. Please do so shortly so that more players aren't affected by this backwards system we are stuck using.

EDIT: And here's the really stupid thing. After reading about this issue for the past few hours, I came upon a few posts urging people to simply try buying Crysta through Internet Explorer, with no Add-Ons running. It worked like a charm first time. I was hesitant because I had received a few 401 errors and didn't want to block myself for 30 days. However, this all seemed ridiculous since I had paid for the game with this same card previously with no issues.

I noticed when I payed via IE, a GlobalCollect animation appeared that I did not see in Chrome.

Evidently, this error can happen when the server receives an incorrect value from the web browser. Why it's lumped together like it is with other issues is beyond me.

So if you are not seeing that animation appear, give a bare bones browser a shot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sfchakan; 11-18-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Character
    Xaphina
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfchakan View Post
    So if you are not seeing that animation appear, give a bare bones browser a shot.

I just went and tried all of this. It worked this time. I was able to add 2600 crysta to my account.
    (1)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Xaphina View Post
    I just went and tried all of this. It worked this time. I was able to add 2600 crysta to my account.
    I think that's the method I had read about on the XIV forums (using a barebones browser I mean) to circumvent the issue, but I figured it was only working for a select few. I'd say it's worth a shot for anyone dealing with this issue; assuming of course that your account isn't locked out due to SE's lack of transparency on the issue. You'd think the least they could do is add a freaking disclaimer alerting people that they'll be locked out if they continuously try to resubmit their information. The lack of punctuality and professionalism on this issue is truly baffling, especially for a company that went out of their way to bring a previously failed project (XIV) back from the brink of death after admitting their mistakes and rectifying them. Come on SE -- get with the program!
    (1)

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast