Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    They could, but they won't, because the price varies more than FFXIV. FFXIV has 4 subscription prices, depending on whether you buy 1 or 8 character slots, and whether you are Legacy or not. They only sell a card for the full subscription for non-Legacy pricing. FFXI has a variable fee for every amount of characters you could have $12.95-27.95, so 16 different fees. Since more people play multiple characters, there is no standard they could do to activate an account for everyone. They COULD just do Crysta cards to cover all of their games, like Steam, PSN, and Xbox Live do for their cards...
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    errr... I think it's kinda the same on both XI & XIV, legacies or not. ^^;
    (0)

Player
    Bump, the history repeats itself...

I noticed SE changed its Credit Card/Crysta Buying system recently. And now the 401 error happened to me... I mean... omg...

Should I lose all hope of being able to pay you guys? I mean... how ridiculous does that sound in the first place. Again they may blame the bank but after struggling with SE payment site I made other purchases online on another sites and I have no problem whatsoever.

Hope the reps can tell us if they are addressing the issue because I'm sure I am not the only one with this issue atm

And no, I've dealt with SE customer service in the past and is futile, which is why I post a bump in here...
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    They never did fix or address the 401 problem, all they did was re-add paypal as a payment option.

Knowing SE and especially at this point in the game, I wouldn't expect them to address or ever fix this issue. Or likely they thought it was working as intended and didn't think it needed fixing.

You should be able to add Crysta using Paypal. You won't get any errors with paypal. If for whatever reason you can't use Paypal then you're probably totally out of luck. Just read through this thread for tips (make sure you're inputting information EXACTLY etc etc) and don't spam your payment if you get 401s because you'll just lock yourself out longer. I was personally locked out of the game for something like 2.5-3 months before they finally re-added Paypal.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Calipso View Post
    They never did fix or address the 401 problem, all they did was re-add paypal as a payment option.

Knowing SE and especially at this point in the game, I wouldn't expect them to address or ever fix this issue. Or likely they thought it was working as intended and didn't think it needed fixing.

You should be able to add Crysta using Paypal. You won't get any errors with paypal. If for whatever reason you can't use Paypal then you're probably totally out of luck. Just read through this thread for tips (make sure you're inputting information EXACTLY etc etc) and don't spam your payment if you get 401s because you'll just lock yourself out longer. I was personally locked out of the game for something like 2.5-3 months before they finally re-added Paypal.
    Ugh... A man can dream, can't I? *sigh*

Anyways, I do have a Paypal account, but some years ago, because a messy, rushy registration from my part, the only CC I have was blocked by paypal, which is the same I use to buy crysta.

My only hope is to link my bank account directly to Paypal, and it will take from 3 to 5 days.

I hope I don't get any more crap in the meantime...
    (0)

Player
    Really SE?? Really???

Totally different bank credit card, plenty of credit, now is not Visa but MasterCard and you guys still give me 401 error?

I'm sorry but you guys must do something about this new "ingenico" system, unless you don't want money, which it seems to be the whole discussion of this thread...

I'll wait 3-5 days to paypal gets my transfer so I can pay you.

Wow, just wow... We really like your game to keep on struggling like that...

Really hope you guys care and do something.

Thank you...

P.S. If we ever get a moderator invite to make a ticket to address this problem to SE customer service, please don't bother and read all this 20 pages thread to realize is pointless and futile.
    (0)
    Last edited by Belmonts; 03-19-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Player
    Last update:

Well, I'm pretty much done for... The reason?? As I previously posted, I do not have a credit card since PayPal blocked mine long time ago.

My only hope was adding cash directly to my PayPal account so when I was about to pay for the Crysta you guys took the money.

What happens? Square Enix requested PayPal to only accept transactions if the PayPal account owner has a credit card linked to the account, you cannot use your balance, which is cash pretty much. (Yes, SE requested it, because depending if they ask it or not, some sites only takes your balance first or ask you what to do, but no... SE must ask you to use a credit card)

I mean, seriously.... *refrains from using profanity* what is wrong with you guys...

Totally unfair and uncool, I'm greatly disappointed and I'm locked out till this get fixed... So maybe I'm done... for the months to come.

An apology to my LS, I won't be able to log in for a long while.
    (0)

Have you tried just registering a payment method instead of trying to buy crysta?
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    errr... I think it's kinda the same on both XI & XIV, legacies or not. ^^;
    It's not the same, XIV has different price tiers, and doesn't have fees for multiple character slots. A time card for FFXI would have to be more like a gift card with a set value (probably equal to 2 months of subscribing with one character) in order for everyone to be able to use it as payment.

I think that's the exact reason FFXI never had time cards (Not even in Japan), because FFXI's fee structure more complex than most MMOs.

(For a short period of time though, SE did offer multiple-month subscription options for FFXI, but I cannot understand why this was a limitred time thing...)

That aside, having seen threads like this more than once makes it seem like I was fortunate to never have payment issues with FFXI...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Have you tried just registering a payment method instead of trying to buy crysta?
    I tried with different bank credit cards, and with both I were able to pay other stuff online (just did it yesterday).

Final Update: One PayPal representative called me this morning, they were extremely helpful and they unblocked my credit card, I registered it and even I was able to use my balance instead of the card, so problem solved. Thank you, PayPal.

On the other hand, I really wish SE fix this new "Ingenico" system because, I'm 100% sure I'm not the only one who was suffering this.

Thanks for all your replies, Catmato, they helped.
    (2)

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast