Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When it comes to FFXI, SE seems to operate with such an overabundance of caution that they end up hurting themselves far more than if they simply threw caution to the wind and accepted a little risk. It's called cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. The devs are often guilty of it when it comes to in game content and it seems the business side is as well.

Chargebacks happen, and are often perfectly justified. Even if not all of them are it's just a risk of doing business. A smart business understands that sometimes you have to lose out on a transaction here and there to come out better off in the long run.

People move about the planet and take their entertainment with them. That's reality. They aren't suddenly a risk to you simply because they changed their location, nor should they be punished for the actions of others in certain parts of the world.

And please, SE, don't lie to us and say that what you're doing is for the security of the customers. It's obvious you're only looking out for number one just like always. SE does what (they think) is good for SE first, and does what's good for the customers pretty much never.
    (7)

Character
    Everdyne
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 90

Me too!

I, too, have been getting the 401 error. I recently had to get a new credit card so the other one was invalid the day the monthly was supposed to charge, which also happened to be the day I got the new card. I've sent an email, since it's the weekend and I can't call till monday. I'm hoping I can get it resolved somehow. I don't even care if I have to buy Crysta, just as long as I can play!
    (2)

Player
    Posted in the other threads too, but throwing in my +1.

Paypal would be ideal, but a functioning credit card system is vital.
    (5)

Character
    Kaoriasada
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm having this problem, too. Thankfully, it's not my main account, only my BRD alt. I called Square Enix and they said that the only way for me to get around the 401 issue was to pay with UltimatePay, which is ridiculously stupid, because I called a WEEK before it was taken off, and she made no mention of it not being a reliable way to pay in the future. I've had someone that I trust try to pay and they got a 601 error, and when I tried to pay with both my credit card and theirs, I got a 401 error. I expressed this to the lady and she said that there's no way around this. And since XIV is their heart and soul now, I suppose that if their XIV community isn't getting a fix, it's even less likely that we'll get one. It makes me wonder if the rumors of XI going down are true, since they're taking away one of their most reliable payment systems now.
    (4)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What actually upsets me the most in all this is that while there was notice that UP was stopping their gamecard and points, UP itself didn't shut down, so there really was no reason to remove their payment station off the website. There was no notice that they were going to remove UP completely. They just up and did it without warning, taking away the paypal option with it which many of us relied on. .........Why?.............

This has been a huge problem for a long time. Please feel free to prove me wrong se, but personally I wouldn't actually expect anything to change. Hopefully they'll be quick to add Paypal and other options again, before they lose too many more customers.
    (6)
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Gregchiroelvaan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

401 error

Yea forgot I changed banks and one of my 3 accounts is 401 error. Yea, this should be easy to fix. I am sure the owners of SE have no idea this is going on or they would be freaking out on the loss of income. We will see how long it takes to fix such errors.
    (4)

Character
    Jeanna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Oh, they know. At least by now, I can't imagine someone with the power to implement changes doesn't know. I was told the majority of all support calls lately were about 401s. There's a 110+ page on 14 forums that's still active that was started in September 2013.

I'm just gonna go with the same old "Working as intended, we have no plans............." (if they even bother to grace us with their presence at all)
    (4)
    Last edited by Jeanna; 10-12-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    ★☆Taru Mule Extraordinnaire!☆★
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Odin/Calipso

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanna View Post
    I'm just gonna go with the same old "Working as intended, we have no plans............." (if they even bother to grace us with their presence at all)
    More like "We have no plans to work as intended."
    (4)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. This is just a ridiculous way to run a business and the fact that not a single official has commented on this issue -- even with it affecting their new mmorpg, which I imagine is one of their prime "bread and butter" contributors -- is unbelievable. Is SE just giving up on the mmorpg scene now or what?

I'm really sorry about what you're all having to go through, especially with these apparently insoluble 30 day lockout timers with no prior warnings. I have to wonder if I'll even be able to resubscribe once my current month is up or -- if this is how they're going to run their company from here on -- if I even should regardless. Step up you customer service while you still have any to serve SE, seriously.
    (5)
    Last edited by Seillan; 10-12-2014 at 06:29 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    I honestly can't believe what I'm reading. This is just a ridiculous way to run a business and the fact that not a single official has commented on this issue -- even with it affecting their new mmorpg, which I imagine is one of their prime "bread and butter" contributors -- is unbelievable. Is SE just giving up on the mmorpg scene now or what?

I'm really sorry about what you're all having to go through, especially with these apparently insoluble 30 day lockout timers with no prior warnings. I have to wonder if I'll even be able to resubscribe once my current month is up or -- if this is how they're going to run their company from here on -- if I even should regardless. Step up you customer service while you still have any to serve SE, seriously.
    No, they just aren't good at the basics of running one. They are like a really talented artist that has little idea how to make money off their work, but manages in a half assed way to get by.

The sad fact is that many of us will find a way around it, they are waiting to see how big of an issue it it. If customers can find a way around it themselves why should they spend money to fix it? There are so many things that you can point out that are really stupid with how they run their business and that lose them customers but it's pointless, that's just how terrible Square run their mmo business. They make decisions that make no sense at all and are counter-productive.

They are lucky the games are good because if they were any other title they would be closed down due to massive player loss (more than already are due to stupid decisions like making 2 competing FF mmo titles which in essence scavenge their own customers who are already paying more $ on an older title to play a new one that costs more to run...duh).

Someone needs to send Square to business school.
    (1)

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast