Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Saruhiko
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You should get Arciela... she's a rdm just like Koru so should get spells at the same lvls and as a buffer/debuffer is much better than Koru. Just can't heal (well outside of that neet move she does) and comes into range to throw balls of light at the enemy. SE purposefully made these trusts to have pros/cons so no one would be best for all the things that job can do. You want more complete buffing from a rdm use arciela you want some buffing and healing use koru.
    She still would not be able to cast Refresh II at level 69....
    (0)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    San d'Oria, Windurst, Bastok: Rank 10
    ZM:O CoP:O AU:O ACP:O
    Italian Dragoon FTW! <3 Azure 4Ever. (Roleplayer)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You should get Arciela... she's a rdm just like Koru so should get spells at the same lvls and as a buffer/debuffer is much better than Koru.
    Unless they updated arciela recently, that isn't true. Koru has every spell that arciela has and more, such as distract and phalanx 2. Arciela also can't buff other players/trusts like koru can, and spends a lot of her time in JA delay from spamming bellatrix of shadow (lets her cast enfeebles and her amnesia TP move) and bellatrix of light (allows enhancing magic and her other 2 TP moves). And no, those stances don't change her auto-attack element or damage, it was always non-elemental as far as I could tell.

The only disadvantage koru has that I can see is that he often won't refresh blu for some reason. I think it might depend on subjob, as I've had other peoples koru refresh me as blu/rdm, and I've seen him refresh stuff like pup/mage or drg/mage. If it is indeed subjob dependent, I wonder if he would refresh blu/run?
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kjara View Post
    She still would not be able to cast Refresh II at level 69....
    Neither should Koru... all my jobs are capped but I thought trusts gained spells as same lvl as players

Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Unless they updated arciela recently, that isn't true. Koru has every spell that arciela has and more, such as distract and phalanx 2. Arciela also can't buff other players/trusts like koru can, and spends a lot of her time in JA delay from spamming bellatrix of shadow (lets her cast enfeebles and her amnesia TP move) and bellatrix of light (allows enhancing magic and her other 2 TP moves). And no, those stances don't change her auto-attack element or damage, it was always non-elemental as far as I could tell.

The only disadvantage koru has that I can see is that he often won't refresh blu for some reason. I think it might depend on subjob, as I've had other peoples koru refresh me as blu/rdm, and I've seen him refresh stuff like pup/mage or drg/mage. If it is indeed subjob dependent, I wonder if he would refresh blu/run?
    Depends on what you are doing. At times Koru's greater amount of casting everywhere is a disadvantage. I find that even with the ja usagage (would hardly call it spamming) she still does a better job of keeping me and herself buffed than Koru when doing xp lvl stuff. That was really my main gripe. Koru would spend all his time casting and attempting lower priority stuff and missed the important part of hasting me
    (0)

Character
    Kyrai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I picked up Blue again this weekend to duo with another blue, and we found this incredibly annoying. Koru would cast refresh on all the trusts with MP including Joachim, but would not refresh either of us. I changed my subjob to /rdm, and still no refresh. We're working on adoulin missions so hopefully Arciela will work.

Also, I used Ultima and Joachim, trying to get refresh, and unless I replaced Quitada with D. Shantoto so that all of our party had MP, neither bard would ballad. I kept switching up the setup trying to get ballad consistently.

I can understand the bard issue being more difficult to fix because I can see Blue wanting haste and ballad more situationally but I don't understand why an obvious bug with Koru Moru been fixed yet. Refreshing the bard trust, but not an actual blue player? That seems ridiculous.
    (0)

Koru-Moru was intentionally designed to not casting Refresh on blue mages.

There are a couple of reasons for the decision.
    • Blue mage can cast Battery Charge on themselves, which is already a large boon to blue mage MP management.
    • When playing blue mage a lot of time is spent monitoring your own MP.

If there are more targets that require Refresh, it’ll make it increasingly more difficult for Koru-Moru to support other party members, and this might result in braking one of his main roles in battle where he casts strong enfeebling spells.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    That doesn't make any sense. Blu uses far more MP than many other jobs he WILL refresh, like rune fencer, paladin, or mp-less jobs with mage subjobs like pup/sch or drg/rdm. Why is it appropriate for koru-moru to interrupt his enfeebling casting to refresh those jobs, but not blue mage? Battery charge is equal to refresh 1, and only half as effective as the refresh 2 koru-moru can cast.

And if having access to a refresh spell is the breaking point, why does koru refresh rune fencers, who have access to a refresh the same strength as battery charge?
    (6)

Character
    Sephoroth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Because BLU simply just doesn't need it. They also have Magic Hammer and can also main hand a club which has a MP replenishing WS. Also the jobs that do get the refresh actually need it. I'm a 99 BLU and it doesn't bother me that I don't get his refresh and I also don't even equip battery charge. Also correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure the RDM trust you get for beating Adoulin missions does give you refresh. I never use her all too often but I'm pretty sure she does.
    (2)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephoroth View Post
    Because BLU simply just doesn't need it. They also have Magic Hammer and can also main hand a club which has a MP replenishing WS.
    Yeah, magic hammer is great...unless you're fighting something you can't aspir.

Good point on the club WS thou, but to be consistent they should also make it so koru-moru doesn't refresh paladins, dark knights, geomancers, and white mages, since they can all equip clubs and use moonlight as well.
    (1)

Character
    Sephoroth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    PLD needs the Refresh for spamming of Flash, Enlight1-2, Holy2 MB, and Cure IV. DRK if played right can technically self chain and MB, not to mention a ton of Absorb type spells, so kind of need it. Geo is casting a lot of buffs or debuffs, maybe even nuking, do you really want your GEO running out of MP and becoming useless, because of no Refresh? WHM has Dagan which is even better, but since WHM probably shouldn't be fighting when it matters, I'm going to go with they need it also. Back to DRK and PLD tho, they don't exactly have the worlds greatest MP pool... Also if the PLD is /BLU or the WHM sucks, they'll definitely need that Refresh. Yes they can use the clubs and the WS... However BLU usually is using swords and spamming CDC, and IF they are using clubs it's usually for nuking stuff. I mean you could use Flash Nova, but the MP you'd get back most likely gives more damage with those extra Subduction casts you'd earn. Either way.. If we are going to be complaining about Koru-Moru being a nooby RDM... May we know why he chooses to use Convert during an AOE instead rather than caring about Refresh? Or is killing himself with Convert more often than not "Working as intended"?
    (1)

Character
    Zaelle
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Has anyone actually seen the costs of a lot of the BLU spells? Saying they don't need refresh "as much" is ridonkulous. If you actually play BLU the way it was originally meant to be played where you can MB and stuff, that MP suckage adds up quick. As for "end game", that's broken as heck on a lot of fronts so I don't really think it's that relative. A trust giving refresh instead of a BLU using charge is not going to hurt anything. It's more of a QoL thing for lower BLUs IMO.
    (2)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast