Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Character
    Pimptarutaru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    um i've done about 15x2 this week and got only 50 its all about that dumb thing they got luck...
    Im not lazy to do the content as im going to keep going at it to get this bow done. just getting 1500 is a pain in the ass.
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    if you are doing pil and kaggan for hmp farming(which is highly idiotic), yeah 50 per ally per run is dumb luck. on those 6 runs can net an alliance 5-15 average.

however, um yes 50-200 per alliance on for example uptala or qilin or even morta on a lucky day per alliance is very feasible.

hell ive gotten 5 riftcinder in one mortax6 run. yes that is stupid crazy luck and i dont expect that to happen to anyone again, however we wont have any chance of anything if ppl dont do the content appropriately.

yes it would be nice if they would update the tiers or reforge the gear because its nice to have new content. however, updating this content so that we have incentive to kill these nms for hmps is ridiculous. we should already be grinding out. the server, has to grind vwnms just like we grind the zones of dynamis or salvage. Doing 12 kills per server per day is nothing. wanting to complete you're emps are enough of a motivator to shout of get group together. 8-12 119 players are more than enough to do a run on any of these nms.

at this stage of a ffxi it is structured so that everyone should be striving for at least 1 relic, 1 emp and 1 mythic.

one thing to also look at is do you have the periapts and upgraded atmacite? are you useing rubicund and colbalt cells.

hell i make good gil on synth mats i get from vwnm. stuff that you probably just leave in the chest/ toss or npc when they sell on the ah for a few thousand. it adds up, and then 1 run gets me enough gil to buy one more hmp.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I have no idea where you're getting your numbers from. Selecting that one time a ton of plates dropped doesn't really prove anything.

One thing you are right about is that the higher tiers are definitely better for farming HMP specifically, but people do those a lot less nowadays because they lose out on the chance for reforging mats which are also chances for gil anyway (and for someone actively working on a weapon, like you pointed out, gil = more plates).

HMPs off Pil and his partners is about 33%.
    Pouches off Qilin and his partners is about 6%.
    Morta and the like drop HMPs at about 15% if you're generous, and about 4% cinder and 2% dross (those two are inverted depending on the NM)

Pouches give 3~15 plates so even if you were in an alliance of 18 and every single pouch you got gave 15, you'd get like 97 plates on average given that 6% drop rate. Morta's a different story altogether since you nobody goes there for plates anyway.

I really think they should do something with all that voidwatch gear we slaved away to get, but I think recently they did say they'd like to move away from reforging stuff.
    (0)

They really do need to fix this as ppl arent blitzing VW how it was when it was the only relevant content. We need a global point system or event that can be traded in / spammed to work toward a specific goal items at a reasonable pace. No content should become harder/longer because ppl have moved on. The time spent should remain static at all times.

As a side note farming jeuno T3's is more efficient as you will get at least 2 out 6 plates per run and its not uncommon to get 4-6 plates in a run whereas a pouch drops on average 1 in 5-6 runs. So you have 6 runs @ 2-6 plates vs 6 runs for a pouch and when you open this pouch you will land 7-8 plates on average so 12 plates worst case > 7-8. Its just not worth gambling for that extra 3 plates.

And yes we have all had those runs where we get 4 pouches but lets be realistic we have all done 10+ runs and not had a pouch. Long term you are better off on J3's Any other mats you get are just bonus and is not the real reason you are there.

Time wise kaggen is the best one provided you have a dispeller as akvan tends to barricade procs with magic shield and ppl still seem to fail at removing pil's shield and turning him b4 doom.

Remember 350% red only and 3 rubicunds only. Have fun
    (0)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    i dont know how you think my entire post is based of the one time i was lucky.

my numbers are coming from doing the content on multiple accounts(up to 4 of my own plus feedback) for multiple years and from mulitple players/linkshells who would farm vw.

although imo and experience drops are better than this.

if 1 person per kill got 1 pouch and that pouch was only 3 hmps. x6 kills that would be 18 hmps.

which is where i get 15.

although ffxidb drop information is not correct since everyone in the party is not posting results to the collective. however, i will go with your numbers of 33 percent and 6 because it will be received as the best information we have.

even looking at with your info, as 18 individual chests x 6 kills = 108 chances of a pouch drops. at 33% for pil. you are looking at 35 plates. i said 5-14 which i think is more reasonable.

6 pouches = 18-90 plates. which i said up to 200 as i can see why you dont agree.

either way hmps arent going to become more available unless ppl do the content and not complain that is there is no incentives when there clearly are. gil/exp/cruor (and possible capacity points ) and updating your own weapons should be enough. if there is update it should be to gear and not the rate of hmps drops

im tired going to bed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Feary; 10-19-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Player
    i don't remember who said it in this thread, but whoever said it doesn't matter how much gil you have because there is no supply: create the market. if you are willing to pay enough people will go in droves to farm HMP/Cinders. You'll probably complain that you don't want to spend that much gil. Tough, that's supply/demand. You have to make things worthwhile to people, or have friends/LS willing to help.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Using ffxidb.com drop rates and assuming an expected value of 9 hmp per pouch, farming the sky T3 NMs is indeed a better way to get plates. You can expect 3.2-3.4 hmp per 6 fights on average (roughly 6% chance of pouch, although you'd get nothing most of the time) whereas Kaggen/Pil/Akvan would yield a little over 2 plates per 6 fights on average (roughly 35% chance of hmp). Of course, you'd also have a 5% chance of the ilvl 119 relic upgrade material on top of that so the Jeuno T3 NMs are probably the best way to go. Morta and Rex might be an even better option considering how rare and pricey cinders are now.
    (0)
    Last edited by detlef; 10-19-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    i don't remember who said it in this thread, but whoever said it doesn't matter how much gil you have because there is no supply: create the market. if you are willing to pay enough people will go in droves to farm HMP/Cinders. You'll probably complain that you don't want to spend that much gil. Tough, that's supply/demand. You have to make things worthwhile to people, or have friends/LS willing to help.
    But then almost all empy weapons except harp would be so expensive that it's completely not worth the effort when you can get mythic for a much lower price.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm going to ignore most of everything else since I'm indifferent to the whole "you should just put forth the effort" argument and respond to this:

ffxidb drop information is not correct since everyone in the party is not posting results to the collective
    I'm not going to argue that FFXIDB data is 100% accurate, but to say that it's less accurate than limited sampling of your multiboxes plus friends you ask is highly unlikely. It doesn't matter if it doesn't collect data from everyone, it still averages drop data from across thousands of attempts and is probably more accurate than what any one person or even linkshell can accomplish. The only sampling bias FFXIDB has is that it only samples people on Guildwork, which really shouldn't affect how accurate it is at all, because it's not like the game is going to be especially nice/mean to people on Guildwork for no reason.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    But then almost all empy weapons except harp would be so expensive that it's completely not worth the effort when you can get mythic for a much lower price.
    pretty much the only empy worth doing to 99 is harp. and to say it isn't worth the effort i'd have to disagree. that 4th (5th under clarion call) song can make a world of difference. nothing else can replace that harp. even though Terpander grants one additional song, it's still not two. all the other empyreans are outclassed, save ochain. and there is no real point in taking ochain past 90 save bragging rights.

edit: didn't mean to imply that you said harp isn't worth doing.
    (0)
    Last edited by Protey; 10-20-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast