Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by InpendingDeath View Post
    SIMPLE FIX! Make Empy Armor reforge require Sealord Skin (Bismarck drop) or Belladona Sap (Morta drop).
    This will work making those a bit more attractive indeed, the main problem however is still the plates, moreso, the supply and demand forcing the price to a point where in my opinion it's not worth the pricetag.
    As I've said before, as it stands right now gilwise an i119 Empyrian weapon costs considerably more than even a Mythic weapon (going by Bahamut prices for plates and Dross/Cinder), which is ridiculous because most Empyrian weapons are only equal to Relic weapons in the department of damage output (And only IF you ride AM3 constantly) but don't even come close to the extra utilities the Mythic weapons and some of the Relic weapons have to offer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-22-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    This will work making those a bit more attractive indeed, the main problem however is still the plates, moreso, the supply and demand forcing the price to a point where in my opinion it's not worth the pricetag.
    As I've said before, as it stands right now gilwise an i119 Empyrian weapon costs considerably more than a Mythic weapon, which is ridiculous because most Empyrian weapons are only equal to Relic weapons in the department of damage output (And only IF you ride AM3 constantly) but don't even come close to the extra utilities the Mythic weapons and some of the Relic weapons offer.
    I don't believe there "Only Equal" you get an item not many people have which is worth a lot now days imo. I'd rather have something rare and cool looking. Everyone has the standard bandwagon R/Ms, takes dedication to said job to make the Empy99. I can usually talk people into selling plates for 100,000g. Most the time I shout for VW I have several LS mates in the run to help me and they get pennons for their efforts. Now days a lot of people are doing the grind of mythic so a lot of people will take fast cash for plates if ask. I wouldn't buy one for over 120,000g and I did 1500 in a few weeks spamming T3 and Sky NMs. I don't see any problem with plates, I would rather do 1500 twice than the Cinders still.

My suggestion is make your own VW runs, invite LS mates, make friends with people who do regularly with you and talk them into selling at 100-110,000 each. I can't speak for bahamut but a lot of people on Cerb have no problems handing them over for the quick gil, there are people who get VW mat and can't wait to go to AH and undercut asking price by 150,000g+.

If you build a R/E/M for the "Parse to win"/Bandwagon job mentality I am very sorry. Should build a weapon because you like the job. Any R/E/M will do good damage if you aren't a moron with gear sets and won't make or break any content in the game having one over the other. I once cared about doing the most damage also, but then I hit puberty.
    (0)

Don't get me wrong, I get the whole job dedication thing and the like and have major respect for the people that are still willing to make them under the current circumstances.
    But in my opinion when you want to make a top weapon Empyrian is not worth its pricetag when you compare the actual weapon to its alternatives.
    An Empyrian is a pure DD weapon which offers nothing else in the form of utility but at this moment comes at a pricetag that exceeds even that of what for many jobs is considered the best weapon in game by most people.
    (2)

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I get the whole job dedication thing and the like and have major respect for the people that are still willing to make them under the current circumstances.
    But in my opinion when you want to make a top weapon Empyrian is not worth its pricetag when you compare the actual weapon to its alternatives.
    An Empyrian is a pure DD weapon which offers nothing else in the form of utility but at this moment comes at a pricetag that exceeds even that of what for many jobs is considered the best weapon in game by most people.
    I understand but it still comes down to what the person playing the game wants to make, money isn't the issue, spam some T3's and you get lucky and get mats/cells and sometimes buy all the plates that drop to people from run and still walk away with profit, might not be good profit but any counts. I like VW and don't mind spamming it for something to do so I guess empy was the path for me. In most cases of making empy you will be the one shouting for Sky/T3 VWs so it's not like you won't get any pouches/plates/cinders for yourself further cutting the cost. Some people hate VW and prefer doing dynamis or salvage everyday and that's cool to each his own they'd prob be better off doing R/M. There all top tier weapons I don't see a couple %'s of damage being a deciding factor since it won't make or break any content in the game.

There is a HUGE drought on Riftdross/Cinder because there is no benefit to anyone else besides the gil, which they can argue they can get off T3s this needs to be fixed as I suggested making Bismarck/Morta materials part of empy reforge would help out incredibly people would actually join these shouts then and then you can drag LS mates to these and make them sell to you for slightly less than market price not to mention the influx would drive prices down a bit and there will be a good market for those mats so they still get something out of it and it comes down to same think as T3s you can talk other people out of their cinders/dross for lower than market price so they can get the quick gil to do their R/Ms.

Dev response does sound like that they would add these mats from morta/bis to be used in empy reforge, They can't have the only mobs in game for this upgrade to continue to be dead it's not an option.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not good with crunching the numbers and comparing stuff. How does a 119 Empyrean weapon compare to, say, an Oboro weapon of the same type that you can get for a measly couple of million with about a grand total of 2 hours work?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I'm not good with crunching the numbers and comparing stuff. How does a 119 Empyrean weapon compare to, say, an Oboro weapon of the same type that you can get for a measly couple of million with about a grand total of 2 hours work?
    Well, to be very blunt, there is no comparison.
    You're better off getting yourself a few Delve wins and getting an augmentable weapon from there, Skirmish being a decent alternative if you're looking to try your luck or burn a lot of gil with the augment roulette.

As I said before, the margin between an Empyrian weapon and a Relic is very small, under the certain circumstances a Delve weapon can come close.
    Except for a few exceptions because of their utility, Oboro is the poor man's choice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-23-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Well a 119 empy would cost more than a hundred times more and definitely isn't a hundred times better. But as other poster said, Oboro weapon is more of a stopgap so you have enough accuracy to hit stuff in current content, not something you want to rely on entirely in the long run.

I have several and I love them but other than the Oboro harp (no thanks dharp grind) I'm looking to replace all of them with something better when I get the chance.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As others have said, many RMEs are still at least comparable to other best options if not better, and the weapon skill update even made some of the garbage ones more viable (Rhongomiant for exmaple, isn't as bad as it used to be because of how they updated Torment). Thankfully though, there's not really any jobs that "need" an RME to function well anymore, unlike the Abyssea/Voidwatch era.

The only ones I'd really consider "overpowered" anymore are Aegis, Daurdabla and arguably the Ergon Weapons.
    (0)

Character
    Galkashield
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    I would like to see HMP/Riftdross/Riftcinder and other empy items, drop from Unity.

(Assuming the content is even viable, fun, etc).
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by InpendingDeath View Post
    SIMPLE FIX! Make Empy Armor reforge require Sealord Skin (Bismarck drop) or Belladona Sap (Morta drop).
    would be very nice. so hard to get sealord skins to make Sweordfaetels +1 for my x-hit. 0/20 on that synth ; ;
    (0)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast