Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Can't we just get them through a log-in camp-thingy?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Numquam View Post
    Can't we just get them through a log-in camp-thingy?
    Uh, to be fair, the only possible thing I may see happen is that single HMPs will be added for the whopping amount of 2000 points each.
    And that's not being sarcastic.

Forget about Dross/Cinders, that's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    Could you increase the voidstone rate of replenishment? Like a ton? Or let us exchange 1k sparks for voiddust or something?

It is not uncommon for people to do VW 6x3 once a day at a minimum (i've done 18 pil, 18 kaggen and 18 akvan in an evening on occasion)

VW was popular but the new Walk of echoes pretty much killed it off because new WoE gives xp *and* capacity points, and gives voidwatch style spoils(good money items to buy dross/binder/hmp) for only a 1k gil per flux run that you can spam till your hearts content that has pretty much no time gating.
    I'd rather see them drastically lower the CP/IS/AN requirements for Voiddust.
    Apart from that, make the darn things stackable.
    That will be a lot more helpful than adding them to the sparks/copper vendor.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-15-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I actually in awe that anybody has completed any Empyrean above 90. I know it's happened--I know one guy with 119 Verethragna and another with 4-song harp. And another with 4-song harp and 99 Ochain. It still amazes me.
    What's so hard about it....you just need gil = =It's the same as mythic, just more expensive and no assault/ichor/token requirement.
    (1)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    What's so hard about it....you just need gil = =It's the same as mythic, just more expensive and no assault/ichor/token requirement.
    No, you need more than just gil, you need a SUPPLY. Which was an issue with alex for a mythic before but isn't so much.

I managed to get my harp to 95 because 1. Friends and ls mates who would sell me plates for 100k and not the 120k+ people keep selling them for. 2. Having to get the crafting mats from some VWNMs that drop plates caused a slight uptake in plate supply on my server. 3. One friend spent a TON of gil on plates for me <3. 4. My brother and some others donated plates as well. 5. I spent my every last bit of gil I had had horded for two years.

Now I need 48 more cinders to 99 the thing. Even if I did managed to make back my gil (which I am working on!) I can't finish it. There are almost no cinders on Sylph! And even when there are people are selling them for up to 5 mil each. Yeah... no. But even if I somehow magically made 240 million gil to buy 48 cinders for 5 mil each (HAHAHAHA) There aren't 48 cinders on Sylph! They drop from what? Four mobs? That don't drop too much else anyone cares about, that can turn into right pains if you screw up oh AND the drop rate is "balanced" to 18 people allys (and even then is crap.)

I can't buy cinders that don't exist. I can do Morta/Bismark et al for days and not get a single cinder. And then let's not forget, I'm not the only one with a 95 harp who wants to buy.
    (4)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
    No, you need more than just gil, you need a SUPPLY. Which was an issue with alex for a mythic before but isn't so much.

I managed to get my harp to 95 because 1. Friends and ls mates who would sell me plates for 100k and not the 120k+ people keep selling them for. 2. Having to get the crafting mats from some VWNMs that drop plates caused a slight uptake in plate supply on my server. 3. One friend spent a TON of gil on plates for me <3. 4. My brother and some others donated plates as well. 5. I spent my every last bit of gil I had had horded for two years.

Now I need 48 more cinders to 99 the thing. Even if I did managed to make back my gil (which I am working on!) I can't finish it. There are almost no cinders on Sylph! And even when there are people are selling them for up to 5 mil each. Yeah... no. But even if I somehow magically made 240 million gil to buy 48 cinders for 5 mil each (HAHAHAHA) There aren't 48 cinders on Sylph! They drop from what? Four mobs? That don't drop too much else anyone cares about, that can turn into right pains if you screw up oh AND the drop rate is "balanced" to 18 people allys (and even then is crap.)

I can't buy cinders that don't exist. I can do Morta/Bismark et al for days and not get a single cinder. And then let's not forget, I'm not the only one with a 95 harp who wants to buy.
    I guess I'm lucky that I finished 99 empy long before SoA then....it only took me 5 months to 99 it from 90, it took me 3 years to build a mythic. But all of them were done before SoA, so maybe the difficulty was different back then.....
    (1)

Sure, you can solve everything by throwing gil at it, but you can have all the gil in the world and it won't matter if the product you are looking for is so scarse that it becomes a market for whoever wants to spend the most.
    Apart from that, compared to the currency you need to make relic and mythic weapons, it is near impossible to solo.

Voidwatch relies heavily on teamwork, besides that you can spend double the time you take doing Salvage or Dynamis doing actual Voidwatch fights and still come out completely empty handed where with the other two you are at least guaranteed a decent amount of the needed currency.
    Unless you suck.

I guess I'm lucky that I finished 99 empy long before SoA then....it only took me 5 months to 99 it from 90, it took me 3 years to build a mythic. But all of them were done before SoA, so maybe the difficulty was different back then.....
    Hahahahahahahaha.
    Sorry, but you're comparing days where everyone did every single Voidwatch every hour of the day with a point in time where you're lucky to see more than one Jeuno Voidwatch run per night.
    And that's on a server with a somewhat decent population of players.

Supply was a lot higher and the prices of plates, dross and cinder were half to a third of what they are now, of course it was a lot easier to finish an Empyrian.

The other way around for your Mythic, couldn't truly solo Salvage back then, and before NNI and Salvage II you were lucky to see a Linen once per 5 or 6 runs.
    (4)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-16-2014 at 02:04 AM.

yeah... unless they make something WORTHWHILE drop these things then the supply will be low. Even if you can sell these things (cinders, dross) for a lot of money (and dross isn't even really worth much either), they drop so infrequently and getting a group together is so annoying that few people want to do it. At least when the monsters also dropped relatively cool weapons that were (some of them at least) somewhat decent and gear that was somewhat decent you at least felt like there was more point to it.

And just increasing the drop rate wouldn't help because then the items become worth less, meaning that there is still no point really in doing the content unless you are collecting them for yourself. The only way it works is either if you can farm them reliably without getting an alliance together, or if the cinders/dross are made incidental to another thing people want. Ideally, both.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 10-16-2014 at 03:23 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

The thing is, right now the only reason to do Morta or Bismarck is if you are making an Empyrian weapon.
    Dross and Cinder are the only worthwhile drops coming from those, and as you say yourself, the droprate is so abysmal that it's simply not worth your time unless you or a friend is working on one.
    And even in those situations I sell the Cinder to my mate (of course for a discounted price) because screw it! I'm working on a Mythic myself! I need the gil!
    And the only reason there are plates on the market at all is because at least the Jeuno Voidwatch mobs also drop some other things that are of interest so people have another reason to at least do those.
    But as I said on that subject before, if I see more than one (English) shout for those on a regular day by different people on the server I play on you can consider it a lot.

I don't mind if plates, dross and cinder drop in price again, it needs to become more easily available because as it stands right now, people are paying 300M+ gil for a weapon which is in many cases only comparable to their much cheaper Relic and even inferior to their Mythic counterparts.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-16-2014 at 06:40 PM.

I am all for increasing supply - I am just saying simply increasing the drop rate would not necessarily put more on the market, because if the items are worth less, people will still not want to do the event.

Like yay dross is worth 300K or w/e but no, that is not enough to interest me in doing a mob... a chance to get 300K is just not that interesting compared to getting a chance at a cool/useful gear item. At their current drop rate I don't even really feel that motivated by cinders and they are worth a lot more.

I am way more interested in doing Akvan than whatever that demon in the dunes is called - why? Because I still don't have akvan's shirt and I still want it. Even with Akavan's shirt not being very useful at all anymore, it still has more of a motivating effect on me than a tiny percent chance at an item that will be inventory -1 and require me to leave my computer on all night to bazaar to get anything off of it. And akvan's crafting item can be directly useful to me or put on the AH for gil.

What made people do voidwatch in the first place was wanting the shiny gear (some of it is still some of the best looking gear in the game) with the plates etc as a nice bonus you got while you were doing a billion pops trying to get a shiny dagger or a decent pair of boots or a march harp or whatever.

Best way to get voidwatch going again is to put actually good gear into it and/or allow us to upgrade VW gear sets. Would also be nice to be able to play a job I like in content that can actually advance my character again.
    (0)
    Last edited by Olor; 10-17-2014 at 01:30 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Make the VWNMs that drop the upgrade items also drop heavy metal pouches, riftcinder and riftdross sorted.
    (1)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast