Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Well, it might matter specifically for Knights of the Round because WSs get +100 Acc to their first hit. 99% Accuracy with KotR vs. 100% Accuracy with Atonement is less of a sacrifice than 95% vs. 100%. Also, KotR is going to get a boost this update (probably fTP, maybe modifiers).
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Well, it might matter specifically for Knights of the Round because WSs get +100 Acc to their first hit. 99% Accuracy with KotR vs. 100% Accuracy with Atonement is less of a sacrifice than 95% vs. 100%. Also, KotR is going to get a boost this update (probably fTP, maybe modifiers).
    Then why do SAMs wiff their WSs so much? =P
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If that was a serious question, it's because they don't. They hit the first hit of their WSs 95% of the time. 1H weapon users, however, will hit the first hit of their WSs 99% of the time after this patch. So they'll miss 20% as often.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    If that was a serious question, it's because they don't. They hit the first hit of their WSs 95% of the time. 1H weapon users, however, will hit the first hit of their WSs 99% of the time after this patch. So they'll miss 20% as often.
    Jesting aside, the conversation we were having had digressed from the OP and was about additional effect proc rate and accuracy of PLD normal swings. He had very low accuracy and so my comment to him was that the update doesn't matter, because if you are having 50% accuracy (this is TP, not WS) before update, you will still have same after update.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Jesting aside, the conversation we were having had digressed from the OP and was about additional effect proc rate and accuracy of PLD normal swings. He had very low accuracy and so my comment to him was that the update doesn't matter, because if you are having 50% accuracy (this is TP, not WS) before update, you will still have same after update.
    The update said nothing about WS accuracy, so I'm genuinely confused why you keep referencing WS's. Did I misinterpret the update:

The maximum accuracy of one-handed weapons equipped as the main weapon will be increased from 95% to 99%.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    The update said nothing about WS accuracy, so I'm genuinely confused why you keep referencing WS's. Did I misinterpret the update:
    Byrth brought it up.
    (0)

Byrth brought it up.
    But in this thread you previously said, "not one iota. if you were 50% accuracy on your PLD before update, you will still be 50% accuracy after update.". The previous post I made (from SE) says otherwise. What am I missing? I just want to make sure we're on the same page here: that update suggests more acc for 1handers - that would include a sword pld..
    (0)

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The accuracy CAP is increasing. Not your current accuracy.

Let's say you had 850 acc pre-update, and that put you at 85% hit rate. Post update.... you're going to have 850 acc and 85% hit rate. Now, if you somehow added another 20 accuracy, then you'd have hit the 95% hitrate cap from pre-update. But after the update, you'd still have to add 8 more acc, to reach 99%.

basically, this:
    not one iota. if you were 50% accuracy on your PLD before update, you will still be 50% accuracy after update.
    Is perfectly and completely correct.

Even if the cap rises, you still have to have enough accuracy to reach it for it to have any effect.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    The accuracy CAP is increasing. Not your current accuracy.
    I didn't mean to imply current accuracy - I simply understood the update to mean there was a native cap of the accuracy on the weapon itself (some hidden modifier or mechanic being adjusted for 1hand weapons, not the accuracy of the player). Thanks for the clarification.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2