Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Dual Wield is first and foremost a ninja trait, when they were considering changing DW it was for ninja... not for dnc. In addition, as a ninja I have to forgo duel wield gear all the time so saying dnc is the only job affected makes no sense. I got a super cool solution for you though, if dual wield is so important to your job they should just take away haste samba and problem solved.
    both jobs have dual wield, leaving dancer broken because you have some weird notion of it being a ninja priority skill is absurd
    (3)

You're absolutely correct that Daken has nothing to do with dancer. I apologize for failing to address the core issue here.

While the aforementioned dual wield adjustments were specifically in relation to ninja, we will be passing along your feedback to the development team for adjustments to other jobs, including dancer, that also have dual wield.

Again, apologies for not grasping the initial comment before posting information that I had to share!
    (15)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    You're absolutely correct that Daken has nothing to do with dancer. I apologize for failing to address the core issue here.

While the aforementioned dual wield adjustments were specifically in relation to ninja, we will be passing along your feedback to the development team for adjustments to other jobs, including dancer, that also have dual wield.

Again, apologies for not grasping the initial comment before posting information that I had to share!
    Very nice response. I'm glad the misunderstanding was addressed.
    (6)
    Last edited by Crevox; 10-09-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

Thank you very much! Please let me know what they say!
    (3)

Character
    Xsilver
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Now that Dakan exists, perhaps similar traits can be created for DNC or THF. Maybe letting THF able to shoot crossbow bolts between hits for status ailments, or DNC to do acrobatic/somsersault hits like Lilisette in between dagger swings. Unlikely due to having to create new animations but just a thought.

Also if JA delay can be removed or mitigated for the following job abilities: Maneuvers/Rune Enchantments/Steps. Basically any core JA that's requires an 'upkeep' for the job to function. The developers have mitigated a lot of JA delay from Ranged Attacks over a year ago to allow Rangers to shoot again with less delay after a shot. See if its possible for Steps/Manuevers/Rune Enchantments. Otherwise, make steps have a permanent 'Presto' effect(inflict 2-3 levels of Daze at a time for DNC main), give RUN a JA that when activated, allows the next Rune Enchantment to give you 3 runes of that element simultaneously, 3-5min recast.

Finally increase the duration of Manuevers to last forever like Light Arts and Dark Arts so a PUP doesn't need delay their autoattacks 2-3x per minute to upkeep the maneuvers they want if they like the Manuevers that are currently on. Of course if they change manuevers or a manuever is expended, that's different. If a PUP uses 3 Manuevers, those Manuevers should never wear or be dispelled like Light Arts/Dark Arts, unless the PUP changes them(will replace the latest Manuever) or if the Manuever is expended from an attachement.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xsilver; 10-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I always thought that Kick Attacks would be fitting for DNC even while using Daggers. That could be a thing, but I'm going to sadly assume that spaghetti code and lack of planning makes such a thing impossible.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know what would really give dual wielding jobs a nice boost? Having R/M/E weapons work from the off hand.
    (2)

Player
    While I don't have an issue with this, and think they actually should. This would only affect a tiny tiny percent of the population that have 2 RMEs for one job that can Dual Wield them, I wouldn't really factor this into job balance as it applies to so few people. That said, it wouldn't remotely break anything, so I don't see any reason not to do this as well.
    (0)

Alrighty, I checked with the development team to see if they have anything else planned in terms of dual wield adjustments since they experienced technical difficulties with the previously announced idea.

It seems like at the moment they are looking into making adjustments to equipment with dual wield bonuses, and moving forward they would like to set equipment stats while paying special attention to the issue at hand. Apologies that there isn’t much more information at the moment, but rest assured they are looking into it and once there is more information available I’ll be sure to share!
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    getting more DW gear isnt really the issue all the dw jobs can get the 36% dw needed to cap delay (assuming gear and magic haste are caped), the problem is dw can hurt you. Sadly because its not possible for the server to figure out when you have to much DW it makes most other ideas short of converting part of Dw to jobability haste kinda not work
    (1)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast