Character
    Archedian
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

October Update Automaton Accuracy and Ranged Accuracy Changes

Here is some quick information regarding the accuracy changes to Automatons that you may or may not be interested in knowing. Unfortunately I can't provide any info on magic accuracy changes at this particular moment, but I'll be sure to add it soon.

Valor Edge X-900 Head and Frame (PLD)

Accuracy Before Update: 753
    Accuracy After Update: 844
    Overall change: 91

Sharpshot Z-500 Head and Frame (RNG)

Accuracy Before Update: 719
    Accuracy After Update: 810
    Overall change: 91

Ranged Accuracy Before Update: 759
    Ranged Accuracy After Update: 851
    Overall Change: 92
    *All accuracy and ranged accuracy was checked when the automaton had no attachments equipped and the Automaton's ILvl was 119.

So it's safe to say that about 90 accuracy was added to automatons when at level 119. This accuracy change is slightly higher than I anticipated the developers would add, but I still don't believe that it's enough. At our current accuracy level we will still need to use Accuracy food and armor that grants accuracy and ranged accuracy to be able to hit efficiently in high level content. Using food isn't really that bad, but needing to use pet accuracy armor will ultimately force us to sacrifice armor that could help with our own damage and accuracy over our pets.
    (5)

Thanks for the research!
    (0)

Player
    Well they did give us an A+ in H2H so that will help
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It really shows how bad attachments are when you can add the + acc attachments, and be like 'oh, i went from 810 to 820 racc, and if i add 3 wind maneuvers and tinhaspa, im up to (820+15+30) 865! 200 more acc and i can hit something!

Kinda wish they would revamp + acc/eva/atk etc to be % based and determined before gear

+10/15/20/25% racc would be
    891/931/970/1012 which seems 100% reasonable.

Then you add in gear and we can easily get it to 1100 which is kinda what is the target acc for a lot of events. The key would be it would have to be % based BEFORE gear otherwise it would just balloon too much.

O well, we just have to accept that FFXI hates pet jobs, and to them, a pet that has 20% hit rate is acceptable.
    (2)