Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the answer Zeargi. Not familiar with how smn is used in groups since my is too gimp to take out in public, and I almost never see smn in groups otherwise.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Content wise the only two things we actively do both involve our 2hours, Perfect defence and Chainspell. Perfect defence is used for one or two hardmode fights. Chainspell has it's use in a good portion of those as well as some delve runs.

Damage wise, i'm the exception to the rule. A 33 second BP recast with Nirvana and full +BP damage gear, 10/10 astral conduit effect and astral flow effect, and i can pop out enough damage to put me in the top three of a parse against any of the new delve bosses. The rest of the run however i'm still quite lacking, either there only for resetting mobs, or the evasion debuff. In skirmish i'm more DD oriented, able to keep buffs on my group and one and two hit most all trash mobs.
    (1)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Small suggestion in addition to the planned changes. Maybe add elemental resistance too.

Example: Ifrit boosts Fire resistance
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    As far as I'm concerned this changes nothing for smn. Favor is useless as it is and even these proposed changes will be as useless. I don't need favor, I need avatars that can hit and do damage against endgame mobs!!!!!! And if I'm going to be regularly swapping them in/out because of certain magic resists or because I'm running low on mp and having to elemental siphon then favor is not going to be any use to me in those situations.
    (1)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 10-22-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Personally I'd like to state my appreciation that things are happening for SMN. It may not be the silver bullet or otherwise that end-game players want, but for me, partying in older areas, this has made Avatar's Favor useful. A slight change to my gearing to allow for the increase in perp cost and the party gets a (admittedly variable) buff where they had none before. OK it changes when I use a BP, but it's still better than before when I wouldn't use it at all due to it weakening the avatar.

Art.
    (0)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Regarding [dev1239] changes:
    For the level 1 skillchain properties of the BPs, I'm not sure what to tell you. The level 1 renkei chart is all sorts of messed up (e.g. 1 way to make induration, but 3 ways to make detonation, etc), so it probably doesn't matter what level 1 element you assign to the BPs. For the level 2 skillchain properties of the BPs however, I hope that you'll match the skillchain property with the avatars element. For instance, both Ramuh and Garuda's lvl 2 skillchain property for Chaotic Strike and Predator Claws should be Fragmentation. This will make it easy to remember the elements of their respective BPs, and will make it easier to magic burst their own skillchain with the use of apogee/astral conduit.

Regarding the Avatar's Favor changes: I think this is a great route to take going forward. Having the effect be strengthened whenever a BP is used will allow us to make effective use of favor in situations like melee zergs where you have to get your buffs up quickly (in this case that means getting favor to max potency as fast as possible). It'll also help foster better SMN gameplay when in party situations. Instead of using an offensive BP when a SMNs pet is about to die (thus pulling hate for a minimal amount of time, as the avatar is immediately killed), SMNs will be more apt to resummon before BPing (for the purpose of having a potent favor immediately after resummoning), which will lead to the avatars tanking for a longer period of time before they're killed, or hate is pulled off of them (assuming that their damage is strong enough to pull hate).

Overall, these changes are highly welcome.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rakshaka; 10-30-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Yeah, this change can only improve Favor.

I similarly hope for a Tier 2 skillchain property for the level 70 BPs, but I wish that they had just done all the remaining BP:Rages at once. They'd still need to do:
    * Merit BPs - x6
    * Eclipse Bite
    * Lunar Bay
    * Meteorite
    * Holy Mist
    * Nether Blast (maybe)
    * Night Terror
    * Level ? Holy
    * Regal Scratch (if it doesn't have one already?)

I am fairly sure none of those can MB, so they're all WSs and should be able to have skillchain elements.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    Yeah, this change can only improve Favor.

I similarly hope for a Tier 2 skillchain property for the level 70 BPs, but I wish that they had just done all the remaining BP:Rages at once. They'd still need to do:
    * Merit BPs - x6
    * Eclipse Bite
    * Lunar Bay
    * Meteorite
    * Holy Mist
    * Nether Blast (maybe)
    * Night Terror
    * Level ? Holy
    * Regal Scratch (if it doesn't have one already?)

I am fairly sure none of those can MB, so they're all WSs and should be able to have skillchain elements.
    Eclipse Bite will get SC properties, they misspelled that as Ecliptic Bite.
    Regal Scratch I don't know about, needs testing.
    All the others you name are BPs with magical properties and will MB on a skillchain.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shirai; 10-30-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    All the others you name are BPs with magical properties and will MB on a skillchain.
    Derp, of course. That's why I made Relic +2 hands.

I can go test Regal Scratch later if no one gets to it before me. I'm betting on Transfixion or nothing.
    (0)

Character
    Dulek
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Nice changes are on the horizon for Avatar’s Favor!

The development team is currently looking into making it so instead of reducing the effect of Avatar’s Favor when executing a Blood Pact, it will actually become stronger, and this effect will increase proportionately with Blood Pacts that consume a higher amount of MP.
    Love how this continued to be rolled out with no replies to the additional feedback about this. Great job of working with your community, SE.
    (0)

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast