Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 94
  1. #71
    Player geekgirl101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    262
    Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Still not using Avatar's Favor because it's rubbish. You need well over 500 summoning skill and to be regularly using the same avatar for it to be of any use. The moment your avatar is dismissed or dies you lose that potency. You also weaken the bonus that Avatar's Favor gives to you when you switch into your Bloodpact Damage bonus gear, which lowers your summoning skill. How is this supposed to be helpful to us? It isn't! You've given us nothing SE, you're as transparent as a sheet of glass for throwing us bitter carrots.
    (2)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

  2. #72
    Player Malphius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    136
    Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Poor Camate having to deal with all the sad sad tears of the bitter pet community. I hope there's an in-house therapist for this guy having to read the same whiny threads since day one of this forum.

    Que whiny replies.
    (1)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

    -Dead Prez

  3. #73
    Player Jerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    264
    Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    Poor Camate having to deal with all the sad sad tears of the bitter pet community. I hope there's an in-house therapist for this guy having to read the same whiny threads since day one of this forum.

    Que whiny replies.
    On the contrary, I think everyone sympathises with the community reps. They have a difficult job trying to mesh two sides with very different sets of expectations.

    Whining happens for a reason. It doesn't just come out of thin air - there's a trigger that causes it. SE implemented this forum precisely because they wanted the insight that comes from communicating with the playerbase. I find it a little baffling when people complain about the complaining, because feedback is why we're all here - us and SE.

    Back on topic, I'm beginning to think that Avatar's Favour just needs a complete rework. It's amazing that they've buffed the ability so much and it's still massively under-par. That does sort of imply that the base principles of the ability need looking at, Even if the buff potency had increased, as SE has been claiming, it still would be uninspiring and laden with broken mechanics.
    (1)

  4. #74
    Community Rep Camate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,712
    Hello, everyone.

    First off, I’d like you all to understand that solving this issue is just as important to us and we’re doing everything we can to find out answers. I appreciate the data you've been providing as well as your patience.

    With that said, there was an error in my previous post regarding the summoning skill. The necessary skill value required to reach a higher effect tier through skill alone is 575+. Apologies for the miscommunication.

    We are still in the process of talking to the development team about this and they are currently working with QA to perform further testing. Once I hear more information I will definitely make a follow-up, so please sit tight in the meantime.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

  5. #75
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Back on topic, I'm beginning to think that Avatar's Favour just needs a complete rework. It's amazing that they've buffed the ability so much and it's still massively under-par. That does sort of imply that the base principles of the ability need looking at, Even if the buff potency had increased, as SE has been claiming, it still would be uninspiring and laden with broken mechanics.
    Agreed, It's a nice through, but the overall function just isn't conducive to the SMN class. If we had a way to sustain the Avatar's HP like BST's Reward, then keeping them alive wouldn't be that big of a deal, but that still doesn't fix the problem of shifting from one avatar to another. I feel that it should fall in to the realm of GEO and BRD, where the effect is based solely upon your current skill. SMN Magic=X then you get this boost, no build up at all. As it, we need to switch avatars at a frequent pace to fully utilize our job. Titan, Garuda, Fenrir, Diabolos, hell even Carbuncle all have things that can help a party. I've been told by people that they're surprised on how much ground a SMN can cover. We've been saying the same things for a while now, but it seems that they aren't being even thought of. But that's the thing with MMOs they're always a WIP.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

  6. #76
    Player Malphius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    136
    Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The necessary skill value required to reach a higher effect tier through skill alone is 575+
    There ya have it guys. You're just not good enough at SMN.
    (0)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

    -Dead Prez

  7. #77
    Player Jerbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    264
    Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'm not sure why the developers think it's worth announcing that a new tier has been specifically added to Avatar's Favour as part of the ability's reworking. I mean, it's an ability that naturally scales with skill. I think it's kind of... assumed that scaling shouldn't just arbitrarily stop?

    When the merit point caps were increased, SE didn't feel the need to specifically note that increased VIT merits would boost Chakra healing. That sort of goes without saying. Why is SMN consistently different in this regard? Why do we have to beg to be given appropriate scaling? Why is it that when things like this are sorted, it's part of our once-in-a-blue-moon job adjustment? I mean, Ward potency has been plagued with this issue for ages. It's like that time when they made the first step to fixing our blood pact timers being wasted when mobs were out of range. That was apparently an addition to our job!

    Making abilities scale properly isn't a buff or enhancement, it's a bugfix.
    (7)

  8. #78
    Player Acacia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11
    Character
    Eveone
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello, everyone.

    First off, I’d like you all to understand that solving this issue is just as important to us and we’re doing everything we can to find out answers. I appreciate the data you've been providing as well as your patience.

    With that said, there was an error in my previous post regarding the summoning skill. The necessary skill value required to reach a higher effect tier through skill alone is 575+. Apologies for the miscommunication.

    We are still in the process of talking to the development team about this and they are currently working with QA to perform further testing. Once I hear more information I will definitely make a follow-up, so please sit tight in the meantime.
    Thanks for digging into the issue for us Camate. It's good to know what the real story is but it's still disappointing. Currently it's impossible to reach this new tier (the highest Summoning magic skill you can get is 574) and just to get close we have to use every single armor slot, including your weapon. Adding new armor with slightly higher skill wont really solve that problem either. Honestly I think a good solution would be to just have a fixed value (no warm-up) for Avatar's Favor bonuses that are based on your avatar's level. This way you don't have to go crazy with the armor and it will scale nicely with the iLvl ammo and Nirvana.
    (7)

  9. #79
    Player Frodnon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    87
    Character
    Frod
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malphius View Post
    There ya have it guys. You're just not good enough at SMN.
    575 is impossible to get, by 1 point.
    +12 kirin's pole
    +3 vox grip
    +15 convoker's horn +1
    +9 caller's pendant
    +5 andoa earring
    +3 summoning earring
    +12 anhur robe
    +19 glyphic bracers +1
    +10 evoker's ring
    +5 globidonta ring
    +18 Conveyance cape (+8 and perfect +10 aug)
    +5 cimmerian sash
    +14 adapa's slacks +1
    +11 marduk's crackows +1

    Puts us at exactly 574, with capped skill and 8/8 merits.
    (1)

  10. #80
    Player Zeargi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Currently: Windurst
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodnon View Post
    575 is impossible to get, by 1 point.
    +12 kirin's pole
    +3 vox grip
    +15 convoker's horn +1
    +9 caller's pendant
    +5 andoa earring
    +3 summoning earring
    +12 anhur robe
    +19 glyphic bracers +1
    +10 evoker's ring
    +5 globidonta ring
    +18 Conveyance cape (+8 and perfect +10 aug)
    +5 cimmerian sash
    +14 adapa's slacks +1
    +11 marduk's crackows +1

    Puts us at exactly 574, with capped skill and 8/8 merits.
    You'd think that the devs would have known this >_>; Still I'll never reach that. And I'm getting to the point I no longer care. They make it so unGodly hard for the pet jobs to actually be productive. My faith in that the new Blood Pacts is growing dim.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Tags for this Thread