Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Checking In: State of THF

So I resubbed today and am downloading a bajillion hour update. Just reading over the Thief forums...see the usual discontent. Still, seems like a lot has changed since I last played.

I've been away for a bit over a year just wanted to get some impressions of which events THF gets invited (or not). Gear to get started again etc. I hear Rudra's storm is the new hotness.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 10-07-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Player
    Thf gets invited to most if not all of the Merit-BCNM battles for Treasure Hunter, gets an invite to incursion, does not get invites to Delve. It is a great job for soloing in Dynamis for currency.

And yes, Rudras when stacked with SA or TA is sexy, can unlock the WS without Empy weapon now for any weapon. When not stacked, Evisceration or Exenterator are probably still top dogs, I haven't bothered checking since I don't have the merits to spend on Exent.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ok, so the highest dagger I have is Aphotic Kukri. Is there an decent baseline ilevel dagger I can pick up thats worth using to start again?

Is the 117 bayld dagger worth getting?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 10-08-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would say the homestead dagger is worth getting. Bayld is pretty easy to get a hold of, and it's one of the better daggers to have until you get a Sandung or Izhiikoh. Aphotic Kukri I wouldn't use though. Homestead and Eminent Daggers is what I recommend for a returning player to get started with.
    (0)

Player
    Go for Sandung quickly, it's not too hard to get ahold of, can solo some dynamis in sparks gear and weapon and aphotic till then. You'll want Atoyac (Augmented with occasionally attacks twice and crit%) offhanded for dynamis and trash content, and Izhiikoh main and Sandung offhand for real content when you can obtain them.

Thf 119 reforge gear is pretty good, especially the crit%damage peices for stacking with SA+Rudra/TA+Rudra.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thanks for the responses....looks like I have a lot to do to get my ilevel gear up to date.

aAlso, before I left, I was very close to finishing Mandau. Would it be worth converting that currency into Alex and just goign for Vajra now? Since Rudra's, Aftermath and SA/TA bonuses seem to pull it ahead of Mandau from what I'm reading?
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    (double post)
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-09-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    iLv 119 Mandau is still the best DD option for THF. Mercy stroke gets an 40% damage multiplier on lvl 99 Mandau that makes it equivalent to a 200% TP Rudra's and you can use Rudras with it now when you have 200%+ TP. Leisilonu +2 is the best offhand dagger for a Mandau. There's a whole bunch of high DMG 200+ delay daggers now but those will just drag you down if you put them offhand.
    On paper yes but that depends on outside factors always being in your favor which will never happen in the real world and ignores the fact that Mandau is much less dependent on those same outside factors.

Vajra depends on SA and TA going off perfectly as soon as the timers cool down. Mandau has higher TP gain (assuming you don't have some slow dagger offhand) and will generate more TP in the same time period which will allow you to get off an unstacked WS between SATA timers and still have TP when it cools down.

Also, MS on lvl 99 Mandau gets a straight 40% damage multiplier which makes it equivalent to a 200% TP Rudra's. And you can use Rudra's if you have over 200% TP.

Vajra gets a 25% damage multiplier to Mandalic Stab, but why would you use Mandalic Stab when you can use Rudra's now?

Leisilonu +2 (DMG 90 Delay 183) is the best offhand dagger for a Mandau imo.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-09-2014 at 07:19 AM.