Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I can tell this is going to become one of those 80 page long threads with lots of bickering and personal attacks.
    Oh yea!? Well you suck! Only my opinion counts! Just kidding.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkoko View Post
    Oh yea!? Well you suck! Only my opinion counts! Just kidding.
    I HATE YOU AND ALL YOU AND YOUR DESCENDENTS STAND FOR IN PERPETUITY THROUGHOUT TIME ALSO SOMETHING SOMETHING HITLER.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    risk of failing is only as high as the players incompetence, you can find full guides for what needs to be done and none of it's very hard

sch sch | whm brd cor geo mnk mnk with nobody wearing anything but sparks gear and no accessories could 1/1 tojil if they took the time to read a strategy

Apparently you've never make PUG(and didn't read my point)......of course you can 1/1 tojil in spark gears if you play with 6 Comeatmebro.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-06-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    This topic is not about FFXI so Draylo and Afania stay on topic please or i will report you. This is a General Discussion about a possibility of a MMORPG with new mechanics towards endgame interaction between veterans and newbies. FFXI was just an example of how bad it became. I'm not asking for solutions in FFXI.

This is a debate about the future of MMORPGs and FFXI is not the main theme. If your troll finger can't understand that at least refrain yourself from derailing this topic. This isn't a topic for veterans to show how awesome they are. Next time i see a personal attack here or trolling i will report.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    This topic is not about FFXI so Draylo and Afania stay on topic please or i will report you. This is a General Discussion about a possibility of a MMORPG with new mechanics towards endgame interaction between veterans and newbies. FFXI was just an example of how bad it became. I'm not asking for solutions in FFXI.

This is a debate about the future of MMORPGs and FFXI is not the main theme. If your troll finger can't understand that at least refrain yourself from derailing this topic. This isn't a topic for veterans to show how awesome they are. Next time i see a personal attack here or trolling i will report.
    I presented a logical opinion about what makes veteran willing to help newer player, which is to stop making solo content, and I used FFXI as an example to support my reason, and I'm a troll?? Can you please explain which post I've made in this thread are showing off how awesome I am? Just because I use FFXI as an example to support my opinion about the game mechanic I'm derailing? FFXI isn't MMORPG?

Also I don't personal attack strangers on forum, saying Comeatmebro plays with 6 Comeatmebro isn't personal attack, it's repeating his own statement about the amount of char he plays with. I have valid reasons to point that out as well, since my post was about how time consuming it is to find 6 ppl in PUG, and how farm gil to buy win being more efficient, then he popped and told us how easy it is as a player mostly play with mules, effectively missing my point.

You may find my post sounds blunt on the forum all the time, but that's because I'm too lazy to fix my sentence to make it sound nice, so all my opinions are presented in a way that's straight to the point. All the forum post I've made as far as I remember are just stating facts and presenting opinions, I have 0 interest in personal attack ppl I don't even know irl.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 10-06-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

I'm not looking to start a fight or anything, but if this thread is not about improving FFXI, then this entire thread is not on topic. This is a FFXI forum, not a general MMORPG forum. The entire point of this forum is to discuss solutions on making ffxi a better game. It is hard to keep posts on topic when this entire thread isn't on topic. If you want to talk about the future of MMORPGs in general, perhaps you should make a thread like this in a forum about general MMORPGs. By the way, I do not mean this as a personal attack in the slightest and I am in no way trying to give you attitude so I am sorry if I come off that way. Just pointing out the facts is all.
    (3)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Benefits yourself?

Like here we have endgame gear being sold while in other MMORPGs we have similar things.

I imagine how a newbie might feel after getting 117 gear and realizing he has no chance of either joining an endgame ls and will have to amass 50mil gil at least to buy delve wins.

I know thats utopia but wouldn't it be nice if the game rewarded veterans for helping others with these things?
    If you think this game is inaccessible now you should have seen it 10 years ago. It ate newbies for dinner and spat them back out in little pieces. So this game has definitely moved in the direction you think it should.

I'm having a hard time understanding your point though. To get gear past 117 -119 gear - all you need to do is run a few battlefields and make some gil. It doesn't require a massive endgame LS or the assistance of veterans. So if you could clarify what you mean it might would help me to understand your beef.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dale; 10-06-2014 at 02:05 AM.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    My friend who returned to the game (on a new account) just solo'd Pup level 1-->99, solo'd all his LB's (except lvl95 which we duo'd), solo'd all the xp for 99 levels, solo'd AF quests, etc.etc. He did all this using Trusts, money from RoE, XP from RoE, FOV GOV book page XP in all the old areas, etc. Now he can solo COP ZM TOAU WOTG missions. He has already started saving REM chapters from sparks, to upgrade his AF to lvl 119.

He doesn't want Delve gear, so the "paying for delve wins" doesn't apply. He wants reforged AF 119, and the Ohtas weapon from Oboro. The former is soloable (slowly lol), and the latter is easy enough to get a party for the BC win and then just farm gil to pay for the items.

So it is true that there was a pay-off between making the game more soloable, and people not needing to help eachother, and that has obviously had knock-on effects with linkshells and soforth. But the whole QOL /soloable updates arrived in response to plummeting server numbers, so I can only say thankyou to SE for making the changes that allow returning players to solo content (if they want to or have to). It was a good solution to the lower numbers of people in the game, people who in the past would have helped you with LB3 or farming AF coffers or w/e. The fact that it is soloable, and my friend solo'd to 99 without even unlocking Aby, and was able to just xp without leeching, was able to make gil while xping by selling sparks weaps, etc. is a very good change of system that SE added to compensate for lowering server numbers.

He does remember the old game, and he prefers the new system, because he is not dependent on other people and he can play the game on his own timeframe, log in and just play, instead of log in and wait for party / wait for a veteran to help you get stuff / make progress.

Obviously I wouldn't say no to getting free stuff for helping new players, but tbh I enjoy helping them for free, and more importantly they don't need help like they used to, at all.
    (4)
    Last edited by Stompa; 10-06-2014 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Spelling!

Character
    Toushin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I've been playing FFXI since 2001 so from then til now I remember all the help it took to get me here. Now I know the FFXI now is nothing like it used to be (curse you COP), so I get that SE made it easier to solo, but I still get random /tells in game asking me for help either asking to help unlock job classes, limit breaks, getting blu spells, blue proc, etc the list goes on. I don't mind lending a hand I just look to it as paying it forward so it doesn't bother me helping people out as long as i'm there and not afk. The only thing i ask of them is to help someone else out when they are in a situation they can do so.
    (1)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Is this a joke? It's a FFXI board but NO TALKING ABOUT FFXI!!!!

Ok then, I point you to FFXIV: ARR. SE adjusted dungeon content so participating in random dungeons rewards players with more exp and mythology/soldiery tokens. It can be done once per day for each category, and the rewards are (were anyway) worth the effort, especially if you lucked out and got a primal fight which lasts 5 minutes, and rewarded you with tens of thousands of exp points.

Not sure if this same type of reward system would work in FFXI, but say there was extra incentive for a player to do an Ark Angels fight if there was a first time player in the group. Maybe they would be guaranteed 3 extra chapters for winning.... might be incentive enough to get people to help. I know it would for me. But in order to implement this, it would require some kind of party search function so you know who is looking to do these fights, and give you a mechanism to join them. (the shout/yell system just wouldn't work).

Oh my bad, I'm off topic....damn, and I thought I was providing constructive feedback.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ramzi; 10-06-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast