Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Vausion
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Challenge yes grind no

Yes have to agree that a reward as to have its challenges and not just given but when you spend a week playing and to get one job point that's somewhat ridiculous. but still worth the grind the game has to become major easy in old areas , so if SE is oing to make it easier to get make sure theirs a challenge to it or I just dount see the pont. On the other hand having to walk an hour to get some where is a grind that the game has ha in the past I just hope that the fast travel sytem continues , The biggest thing in the old way was what I called the grind walkng and walkng to get a part of a quest done or jsut to view a CS. Thank you and this is my first post hope its ok/
    (0)

Seriously, they need to loosen up this stingy job point thing, ~100cp per mob, 30,000cp per point? Only "abnormal" people would think it is ok. There are 20 jobs to have fun with, not just a single job per character. People have a life and responsibilities, not sitting in front of a computer and FFXI all day long. For those people that's against idea of them giving more JP, there is nothing bad going to happen, really. You will get more JP in shorter amount of time and at the end of the day, you will be very happy about it. It is a win for you also!
    (0)

Player
    if you're only getting one job point a week urdoingitwrong. One run of incursion and i get like two job points.... that's 45 minutes. One NM in there gives at least 3k capacity points, and most groups can kill at least two NMs per run. Most of the mobs in there are giving me about 500 capacity points per kill. The assistants to the NMs give over 2k capacity points. If you're having trouble with capacity points.... either go with your LS or join a shout group to go do incursion. Vitus, it's not abnormal to think it is ok on the amount of CP we get. Stop complaining, go play the game more efficiently. Or as is a popular term: "suck less". I've said it before and I'll say it again: just because something exists doesn't mean you are entitled to it. Stop expecting things to be handed to you, there is no point in playing a game in which that happens. Achieving things because you had to work at them is what makes things worthwhile/valuable. Imagine this game where no one has to work for anything, and there are no choices. everyone is maxed out on all merits in all categories, everyone has all job points, everyone has all the best, previously hard to get gear, all mobs you just show up and hit them once and they fall over dead. what's the point. you might as well be watching TV. Stop complaining, stop asking for stuff to be given to you. All of you instant gratification people make me sick. Work for something once in your life. Enjoy the journey.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I've picked up about 115 total job points on Monk, maybe about 2/3 of those solo, the rest from a couple of good Woh Gates parties. It's 55 job points to cap any one category, 330 to cap all for an entire job. I've capped Chakra on Monk because I'm Chakra obsessed (I now get 1,328 recovered, not counting what the Regen effect of Invigorate gives me). I'm actually hoarding points now because devs mentioned they're gonna raise the per-category cap from 10 to 30 at some point.

The upside of the job points system is that most of the job points suck. That sorta makes it a "why even bother?" thing.

The big downside is that they're all job specific. Yeah I can do them on Monk at a decently steady clip of about 18,000 per hour, but I don't have that luxury on White Mage. I could set up a Woh Gates party, but those damn mobs are so evasive most parties do terribly if you don't have Bard doing Madrigal. Which means that, like in 2006, your party falls apart if the Bard has to leave. I thought we were past that! I have Bard, and I could bring it.... but I don't want Bard job points.

I really think the system would be fine if they just got rid of that stupid job-specificness part.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3