Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    I support this forum. Paypal is the best method to pay for all things online and it is safest when using Paypal to shop online. When a company doesn't use Paypal anymore which i hope it's not the case with SE it make you wonder why would they prefer credit cards? I hope this have nothing to do with NSA spying on people for no reason. :/ I hope they bring paypal back soon.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    I feel for you guys. Sometimes i wonder if SE wants to be a lucrative company or go like RARE.
    I don't understand why they wouldn't ensure that everyone could give them money...
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'll say this to SE: There are a multitude of MMOs out there that make it VERY easy to pay (even in cases where payment is optional) and manage one's account. Even MMOs that aren't run by multi-billion dollar corporations that have been around since the 70's (in Enix's case) have far friendlier payment options and much better customer service and account management options.

I'm not even having payment issues, but I am dumbfounded by the company's complete and total lack of effort in creating a robust system with an array of convenient options. It really is the absolute least they can do. Square Enix has become a laughing stock in the industry in many ways, which is really sad. Though this is never going to be a highly publicized debacle that spawns countless memes, it's still yet another blemish on SE's sketchy record and certainly isn't helping the company regain its customers' trust.
    (2)

Character
    Littleginge
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 69
    Fully support the idea to bring paypal back. I have 2 bank cards and 5 credit cards and more than enough money in my bank to cover crysta fees and none seem to work and haven't for over a year now, i was using ultimatepay to pay via ultimategame card and then ukash card once ultimegame card was stopped.

Once my current crysta runs out in two weeks you will be loosing x 10 accounts. Way to go se.
    (1)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    I support this forum. Paypal is the best method to pay for all things online and it is safest when using Paypal to shop online. When a company doesn't use Paypal anymore which i hope it's not the case with SE it make you wonder why would they prefer credit cards? I hope this have nothing to do with NSA spying on people for no reason. :/ I hope they bring paypal back soon.
    This is exactly why SE eliminated it. Paypal is very buyer friendly which conversely means that they are very seller unfriendly. If a buyer files a claim the seller is pretty much screwed because 95% of the time Paypal will side with the buyer.
    (0)

Character
    Calipso
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    SE didn't eliminate paypal purposefully. It was removed because UP stopped doing whatever it was it was doing. Why they don't use it on their own in the first place is beyond me. It's probably the easiest/fastest way to pay online. I literally can't even remember the last time I shopped somewhere online that didn't have Paypal as an option.

It's just as easy to do a charge back on a credit card as it is to dispute something with paypal - which you would be really stupid to do as it'd cause them to throw a LM-31 in your face.
    (2)
    Playing since 2004: ★☆ GreenGrumpyShieldBardClub ☆★ Lv119: Carnwenhan, Yagrush(X2), Vajra, Glanzfaust, Kannagi, Mandau, Spharai, Mjollnir, Yoichi. Lv 99: Gjallarhorn (X2), Daurdabla.

Unfortunately, they've been messing with payment for at least 5 years. My JP account stopped accepting non-JP cards in late-2008 or early 2009, so I had to switch to WebMoney (prepaid Japanese cards). After I made that change, they switched to requiring a SquareEnix Account, and you couldn't use WebMoney without a legitimate JP mailing address to convert it to Crysta, so I had to be out of the game for 8 months while fighting for a region change (they wanted to say start all over after taking 8 years to reach max level the first time, just because of moving between regions, and I move every 1-2 years since college). PayPal was how I was getting Crysta once I had my region change, since it was linked to my bank account.

UltimatePay alerted earlier in the year that they were canceling their own prepaid points cards, and I believe last month was the last month to redeem them. They were probably the ones that chose to stop accepting PayPal. Remember that 2-3 years ago we had another payment company option (Click and Buy or somesuch) that everyone hated dealing with. Unfortunately these other payment companies can change their rules without alerting us.

SE needs to get their own Crysta cards out. This reliance on other billing companies, and trouble processing payment cards directly with SE is getting troublesome.
    (2)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Player
    I highly doubt they will bring paypal back, Square have a long history of doing stupid things that hurt them in the long run....then being surprised when sub numbers lower.
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This should be posted all around the Square Enix offices:

(0)

Player
    Credit card as only form of payment is fine, not much harder to buy a disposable debit than a game card.

Just make it actually work, globalcollect's fraud prevention system is absurd and blocks legitimate people all the time.

Not saying paypal shouldn't be added back, but when people get a half dozen cards blocked and accumulate a month long lockout without even knowing it.. those people aren't likely to come back.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast