Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I think you still missed the point completely. We're not talking about the situation that leaden salute shines, we're talking about a situation that we'd need accuracy and leaden salute doesn't work. I'm not sure why'd you keep bringing leaden salute up in this discussion.

    The reason why I sound like COR is competing with another DD is because in FFXI, every single job is competing with another job for a pt spot. That's why certain job gets invite and some jobs don't. If a job is a DD, then you're comparing the dmg. If the job is not DD, then you're comparing the utility. In the case of COR, none of the buffs are game changing enough to a point that you must invite them, and most of the useful ones are there to improve pt damage. If you're not comparing the extra dmg of this job brings, how else can you convince everyone that COR is worth bringing over another job, such as SAM, THF, WHM, BRD and GEO? I'm sure someone as smart as you can understand the simple fact that every job is competing with another job for a pt spot in an event.

    We're asking the job to be able to contribute as much as another job so we don't need to go home and job change to a GEO, SAM, THF or BRD. My experience in incursion was that GEO, SAM, THF, BRD and WHM is slightly more useful than a COR, if BRD and GEO /DNC and play the job right that is. Just because some pt brings COR to incursion, doesn't mean there are no better alternatives.

    Btw, I've been defending for COR's usefulness actively on AH/BG for years, I'm not just some random job hater trying to make the job look bad. I just feel the recent rudra buff, skill buff for other jobs and GEO buff made COR in a worse position than how it used to be.

    Either way, I'm done. If you guys insist that COR roll is so game changing then go ahead and invite them to incursion or VD battle field. I know I'm probably gonna get an Idris GEO with proper melee set over an equally geared COR for those situations.
    Or maybe you are missing the point completely? You're talking about situations where leaden salute doesn't shine. If you don't want to take the effort to make it good that's completely on you. But it's fairly easy to pair yourself along with that geo to make it great. There aren't that many situations where it just wont work at all just might require a bit more work to make it work. As far as accuracy goes you aren't that far behind a rng and with new gear coming up you can get a ton more acc than before. And no you are very rarely competing with every other slot. The whm doesn't compete with the sam.

    Except you are giving buffs AND dding AND debuffing AND enhancing debuffs so you can't straight up compare dmgs. And as far as buffs go... outside of scherzo they are about as game changing as anything brd brings. Idris Geo is a little too OP for anyone to compete with now but in my experience as you like to say so much geo +cor > geo +brd. And incursion isn't the only event so not sure why that keeps getting brought up as a litmus. And just because your pt brings brds instead doesn't mean there are no better alternatives. . Quite frankly every situation is different and it's completely impossible to balance out every job so that every job in every situation is "able to contribute as much as another job "

    So your cor isn't the greatest at 1 event oh no that's why the game has different events and job change. I mean what the all the other DDs that you completely ignore? The fact that you aren't even mentioning any of them suggests that they aren't able to contribute as much as the dds you are using. Or that cor is in fact contributing as much as them therefore contributing as much as another job just not the jobs you chose to pick to compare them to
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-23-2015 at 09:32 AM.

  2. #22
    Player Afania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,445
    Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Or maybe you are missing the point completely? You're talking about situations where leaden salute doesn't shine. If you don't want to take the effort to make it good that's completely on you. But it's fairly easy to pair yourself along with that geo to make it great. There aren't that many situations where it just wont work at all just might require a bit more work to make it work.
    I've done indi-malaise/MAB buff/voidstorm for leaden salute setup in yorcia before, but I don't think it's practical in higher lv incursion. If you can make a leaden salute setup pt in higher lv incursion and have pt outperforms super buffed SAM setup, perhaps you can teach me how to do it.

    Just because I point out it's not the most optimal setup in every situation, doesn't mean I haven't try it.



    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    As far as accuracy goes you aren't that far behind a rng
    Are you comparing a job with no accuracy bonus job trait(and B rank skill) v.s a job with accuracy bonus job trait V and higher skill?You're either trolling or your definition of "not far behind" is different from mine.

    I don't play RNG, but a quick search on AH shows that gear wise, COR doesn't seem to pull ahead in terms of ranged accuracy either. Most of the racc gears are usable by both jobs, except a few slots. In fact RNG seems to have access to better racc gears, feel free to let me know if I'm wrong though.

    It's too late atm so I'm too lazy to find the gears and compare the real racc number, but I feel that RNG should be quite ahead of COR in terms of racc based on job trait and a quick search on AH.


    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    O The whm doesn't compete with the sam.
    If you look at the fact that most pt takes 1 WHM instead of 2 WHM, then yes. SAM(and other jobs) does compete with WHM for a spot. Why wouldn't you take 2 WHM? Because you only need 1 WHM, the other pt slot can be DD or support to deal more dmg.


    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post

    And as far as buffs go... outside of scherzo they are about as game changing as anything brd brings. geo +cor > geo +brd.
    Well the importance of BRD dropped a bit with the introduction to new haste spells. But how about GEO+ 2nd SAM killing different target? Assuming GEO is doing the steps, I'm quite certain that COR buffing 1 SAM would do less party dmg than 2 SAM soloing 2 different targets. Also in certain situation GEO x2 may be better than 1 GEO + 1 COR I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    So your cor isn't the greatest at 1 event oh no that's why the game has different events and job change. I mean what the all the other DDs that you completely ignore?
    I didn't ignore them, but this is a COR forum, obviously I don't post WAR DRK BST PUP QQ here. That's why I said you're missing the point completely. This is a "we don't have enough accuracy as a light armor job" discussion, not a "job balance needs change" discussion. There are 100 other discussions in every single forum about the job balance, if we want to talk about other jobs we could just move there.

    Every post you've made are basically moving away from the main point by saying something that's completely irrelevant to the discussion. Ok, BRD is less relevant in a pt now, GEO and SAM is OP. Leaden salute is OP with tons of buffs, and so? We still have lower accuracy than other light armor jobs, and that's what Suteru was trying to say. Seems like you just want to argue for the sake of wanting to argue.

    If you want to give a good reason why COR shouldn't get an accuracy boost, perhaps you should state your reason, instead of the same old "leaden salute is OP". Guess what, you can't WS very well if you can't hit stuff. Giving COR an accuracy boost, such as B to B+ or A- isn't going to break the game balance, it simply make COR DD better to play the job like how it should be, which is buff + DD hybrid.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 02-26-2015 at 03:49 AM.

  3. #23
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,542
    Good job at being done

    And you say I'm the one arguing to argue lol.

    I'd respond to those individually except I know it wont make a difference as you want cor to be 2nd choice buffer while still being good enough DD to compare to other jobs that can't do things like buff in an age when the real problems for dd is the overwhelming advantage of 1 job and another ws that makes pretty much anything else look horrible in comparison unless you build for it and of course wont because then sam can't skillchain all the things so I am done... really
    (4)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-26-2015 at 09:15 AM.

  4. #24
    Player Mooserocka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    16
    Character
    Mooserocka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If u want steps and a really good haste samba just invite a dnc.
    (1)

  5. #25
    Player Hoshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Windurstian
    Posts
    456
    Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    If you want to get stuff done quickly ditch the melee and magic burst to win. Can even still bring a cor to that... dnc not so much.
    (1)

  6. #26
    Player Sandmaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    56
    Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Att is a much needed buff, and with Chaos roll being % based, the more att we are getting (Im sitting on 1000 att give or take a little depending on sj/Lonis on MNK and SAM add 154ish from RCB thats 1154att), I've seen my att hit the 1800-nearly1900 mark last Tojil run from Chaos roll which makes it a stupidly powerful roll, I can't remember how the +5 ring adds to chaos roll, and I may of had a minuet up I didn't check the brd buffs, but for one roll that does wonders for jobs pdif. Then you add in the STP roll and its just ws-spam with the haste buffs for each DD, inc COR.

    I do agree with OP tho, it is a bit of an insult to be a gun job and not have some kind of A rating for our weapon. Like its been said, a tad more racc for COR won't make/break the game, the content we are doing now is a tad harder then killing a Tojil.
    (2)

  7. #27
    Community Rep Grekumah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    349
    Corsair's attributes and role in combat have already been adjusted in a comprehensive way, which includes the support effects they give to party members using Phantom Rolls; therefore, we have no plans to increase their combat skill ratings.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

  8. #28
    Player Suteru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    83
    Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Is the 3rd roll still planned at least?
    (7)

  9. #29
    Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Blondelle = Windurst, Windy{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGoRock: Sandy Rank: 10 Sandy {S}: UnComple.
    Posts
    563
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 66

    Well let you guys lay this out into the mix?

    So if we're chatting about the cor job, I wonder how the cor cards could play into the mix or even how should the I-Level cards if added to the game be played out in its abilities?
    I dont think cor cards have had touch ups since possibly the aht urhgan expansion pack came out with that pirate>cor job... ??
    (1)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

  10. #30
    Player Ataraxia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    146
    Character
    Angelicsmile
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Corsair's attributes and role in combat have already been adjusted in a comprehensive way, which includes the support effects they give to party members using Phantom Rolls; therefore, we have no plans to increase their combat skill ratings.
    Akihiko Matsui and Grekumah that is being kind of restrictive on Cor. Increase their combat skill rating does not affect game balance at all. At this point cor is Rank Below a SMN, PUP and BST because they can't solo. You can please all the fans by increase their combat skills and give them a 3rd Roll.

    Future Reference and Changes I like to see.

    1. Show some love for a Cor 3rd Roll.

    2. Geomancer need some love at this point. Entrust timer is way too long and it be great if it was 5 minute recast. If that remain unchanged than Entrust 10 minute JA is no problem as long as the spell that was cast with it last really long.

    3. Blue Mage I have been playing this job for 2 month now. I notice Grekumah is a 7 year blue mage veteran? Can we make Diffusion really good at this point because Erratic Flutter with Diffusion seems to last longer than other spell like nature meditation, Cocoon, Regeneration, and other spell. I like blue mage buffer to last long enough so it can help alliance if use with Diffusion. Since Smn can give up to 3 buffer and Blue Mage can only give one buffer to party with diffusion. I don't know how but Grekumah make it so Diffusion is good to use for supporting the DD or supporting the Black Mage. =)
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Tags for this Thread