Threaded View

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    I think you still missed the point completely. We're not talking about the situation that leaden salute shines, we're talking about a situation that we'd need accuracy and leaden salute doesn't work. I'm not sure why'd you keep bringing leaden salute up in this discussion.

The reason why I sound like COR is competing with another DD is because in FFXI, every single job is competing with another job for a pt spot. That's why certain job gets invite and some jobs don't. If a job is a DD, then you're comparing the dmg. If the job is not DD, then you're comparing the utility. In the case of COR, none of the buffs are game changing enough to a point that you must invite them, and most of the useful ones are there to improve pt damage. If you're not comparing the extra dmg of this job brings, how else can you convince everyone that COR is worth bringing over another job, such as SAM, THF, WHM, BRD and GEO? I'm sure someone as smart as you can understand the simple fact that every job is competing with another job for a pt spot in an event.

We're asking the job to be able to contribute as much as another job so we don't need to go home and job change to a GEO, SAM, THF or BRD. My experience in incursion was that GEO, SAM, THF, BRD and WHM is slightly more useful than a COR, if BRD and GEO /DNC and play the job right that is. Just because some pt brings COR to incursion, doesn't mean there are no better alternatives.

Btw, I've been defending for COR's usefulness actively on AH/BG for years, I'm not just some random job hater trying to make the job look bad. I just feel the recent rudra buff, skill buff for other jobs and GEO buff made COR in a worse position than how it used to be.

Either way, I'm done. If you guys insist that COR roll is so game changing then go ahead and invite them to incursion or VD battle field. I know I'm probably gonna get an Idris GEO with proper melee set over an equally geared COR for those situations.
    Or maybe you are missing the point completely? You're talking about situations where leaden salute doesn't shine. If you don't want to take the effort to make it good that's completely on you. But it's fairly easy to pair yourself along with that geo to make it great. There aren't that many situations where it just wont work at all just might require a bit more work to make it work. As far as accuracy goes you aren't that far behind a rng and with new gear coming up you can get a ton more acc than before. And no you are very rarely competing with every other slot. The whm doesn't compete with the sam.

Except you are giving buffs AND dding AND debuffing AND enhancing debuffs so you can't straight up compare dmgs. And as far as buffs go... outside of scherzo they are about as game changing as anything brd brings. Idris Geo is a little too OP for anyone to compete with now but in my experience as you like to say so much geo +cor > geo +brd. And incursion isn't the only event so not sure why that keeps getting brought up as a litmus. And just because your pt brings brds instead doesn't mean there are no better alternatives. . Quite frankly every situation is different and it's completely impossible to balance out every job so that every job in every situation is "able to contribute as much as another job "

So your cor isn't the greatest at 1 event oh no that's why the game has different events and job change. I mean what the all the other DDs that you completely ignore? The fact that you aren't even mentioning any of them suggests that they aren't able to contribute as much as the dds you are using. Or that cor is in fact contributing as much as them therefore contributing as much as another job just not the jobs you chose to pick to compare them to
    (3)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-23-2015 at 09:32 AM.