Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i cant complete agree with blus aoes(post abysea mostly tho) being bad, thermal pulse, water bomb(actually this one is seriously mean with magic dmg lowish cost as well to bad its recast is so bad), acrid stream( cone so might not count >.>) heck even lowely blood weapon was good 25 mana full hp mid cleave. Dont hate on Embalming, pretty potent slow on it, nice if you need to cast dream flower mid cleave. Now on the blu vrs rdm on cleaveing blu does higher dmg in an amount of time, but rdm can get an outrageous amount more mobs that blu could ever dream of, and do it safely, not to mention on rdm its easier to taller your nuke dmg to say 550-600 range for points.

@zekander yea whisker is still waaay stronger than subduction i mean were talking about 9k whiskers vrs 2-3k subduction, but the time it takes for 1 whisker you could have done 2-4 subduction (depending on fast cast) and for a fraction of the mana cost
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    i cant complete agree with blus aoes(post abysea mostly tho) being bad, thermal pulse, water bomb(actually this one is seriously mean with magic dmg lowish cost as well to bad its recast is so bad), acrid stream( cone so might not count >.>) heck even lowely blood weapon was good 25 mana full hp mid cleave. Dont hate on Embalming, pretty potent slow on it, nice if you need to cast dream flower mid cleave. Now on the blu vrs rdm on cleaveing blu does higher dmg in an amount of time, but rdm can get an outrageous amount more mobs that blu could ever dream of, and do it safely, not to mention on rdm its easier to taller your nuke dmg to say 550-600 range for points.
    My perspective toward Blue Mage is probably tainted due to my Abyssea days when I used to enviously watch them literally pull the entire area and zap them all dead with a single spell. And these weren't wimpy monsters either. I'm talking very/incredibly tough ones.

I should probably take into account that without atma and given the fact they buffed low-tier nukes (which I was unaware of) maybe the difference between a Blue Mage and a Red Mage isn't as great as it once was in terms of AoE damage. But it's really hard for me to imagine the Blue Mages I am used to seeing from the old days reduced the power of a Red Mage/Black Mage sporting a low tier aga spell. But maybe that's how it is now. I don't play BLU nor do I often play with BLU. So if you say that's the way it is, I'll believe it.
    (0)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well in abysea all the mobs were in a nice small area which made gathering them up while takeing a small amount of dmg easy and quick before they could kill you, but its not like rdm which can pull all of kufatl tunnel and, i actually did this once was kinda cool. 2-3 nukes finished up the do 500 dmg objective easily with the numbers of mobs were talking about.
    (0)

Player
    I've seen Blu, Rdm, Pld, and to a lesser extent Mnk and Nin all cleave pretty well in Marjami which is impressive enough really. Have never seen a War do it but I suspect they'd be plenty good with retaliation as well much like the old aby days.
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have no idea how NIN cleaves, but I know from personal experience that Spinning Attack (MNK) and Circle Blade (PLD, RDM, BLU) do approximately the same amount of damage, ~1.2k + multi attacks (adding about 1k per hit). WAR has Fell Cleave, I don't know what kind of numbers it puts out but I would imagine it is significant since that WS alone spawned it's own form of aby exp party.

For reference, I use Tinhaspa on MNK and DW Claidheamh Soluis and Buramenk'ah on RDM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zekander; 11-08-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Player
    Nin cleaves with Aeolian Edge, saw a JP out there the other night doing alright at it while I was cleaving on Pld (I rotate Blu/Pld/Rdm for job points and depending on my mood/what Job I'm on), with the right setup can hit 1300 damage or so, not OMGreat but not terrible.
    (0)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    well in abysea all the mobs were in a nice small area which made gathering them up while takeing a small amount of dmg easy and quick before they could kill you, but its not like rdm which can pull all of kufatl tunnel and, i actually did this once was kinda cool. 2-3 nukes finished up the do 500 dmg objective easily with the numbers of mobs were talking about.
    Oh you are talking in terms of doing the RoE quests. I was talking more in terms of raw damage from AoE attacks.

I imagine phalanx does give Red Mage a good advantage when it comes to fighting hoards of weaker monsters since you can nullify most of their damage.
    (0)

Player
    1.) I do that for sparks, stripping off enough MAB/Mdmg gear to hit around 500 each nuke on whatever I'm on and then spamming if for objectives, is efficient.

2.) AoE damage output is a factor for how efficient your job is at cleaving, but not the only one. Blu/Blm/Rdm are all quite good at it, and reasonably close, is my point, so it's silly arguing that one has a big advantage over another, some are better in some locations, but all are close enough in Exp(orwhatever)/Hour overall that it's kinda a wash.
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8