Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    All of a sudden I don't feel like making a Vajra ever.
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    The fact is nobody cares about THF but THF. I mentioned this in general discussion and the response was basically "THF is for farming go play another job if you don't like it lol"

If DNC gets A+ dagger skill with Accuracy bonus I-III then it would be fair to give THF A+ dagger skill with Attack Bonus I-III.
    (1)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 10-02-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    All of a sudden I don't feel like making a Vajra ever.
    It's actually unclear whether Vajra's bonus works the same as the other SA bonuses. When the test server still existed, I tried to test it. It came out to either +30% for the entire first hit or something like +80% DEX modifier.
    http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Vajra_%28Level_99%29

I assumed it modifies the entire first term, which still makes it an awesome weapon. If I was going to make another mythic, I'd have a hard time not choosing Vajra.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    While I agree some of the stats seem to make DNC > THF, to play devil's advocate.

THF has Evasion Bonus VI, while dancers highest is only Evasion bonus IV. (2 levels higher)
    Critical Attack Bonus IV, while dancers only Critical Attack Bonus III. (1 level higher)

So would DNC get all these if we got a 5% boost to dual weild(Dual wield 4 vs 3)(1 level less).

I think these stats are fine and should remain top tier thf.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    It's actually unclear whether Vajra's bonus works the same as the other SA bonuses. When the test server still existed, I tried to test it. It came out to either +30% for the entire first hit or something like +80% DEX modifier.
    http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Talk:Vajra_%28Level_99%29

I assumed it modifies the entire first term, which still makes it an awesome weapon. If I was going to make another mythic, I'd have a hard time not choosing Vajra.
    If that is the case then it would be good. If not, it might look good on my mannequin.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    While I agree some of the stats seem to make DNC > THF, to play devil's advocate.

THF has Evasion Bonus VI, while dancers highest is only Evasion bonus IV. (2 levels higher)
    Critical Attack Bonus IV, while dancers only Critical Attack Bonus III. (1 level higher)

So would DNC get all these if we got a 5% boost to dual weild(Dual wield 4 vs 3)(1 level less).

I think these stats are fine and should remain top tier thf.
    You only compared the job traits the two have in common. On top of having only 3% less critical damage DNC gets 23% skill chain bonus, +35 accuracy, Conserve TP, and Tactical Parry IV. THF's only other combat based trait is triple attack II which gives +6%. Which is a little lack luster when DNC can get +13% from equipment. Maybe THF will get lucky when Empyrean gets reforged and it will have tons of triple attack rate.

Although while I wish THF would get invited for it's damage output. That would never happen. Like the original poster stated THF is pretty much just for TH. At least DNC gets to come as a support role. THF once you put TH on the mob they no longer care and will let you die. Last for heals, last for haste, and last for status cures if you get any at all. I almost wish for more solo type abilities and traits since it feels like I'm alone even in a party. Only time it's not like that is when I'm with my linkshell.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    If that is the case then it would be good. If not, it might look good on my mannequin.

You only compared the job traits the two have in common. On top of having only 3% less critical damage DNC gets 23% skill chain bonus, +35 accuracy, Conserve TP, and Tactical Parry IV. THF's only other combat based trait is triple attack II which gives +6%. Which is a little lack luster when DNC can get +13% from equipment. Maybe THF will get lucky when Empyrean gets reforged and it will have tons of triple attack rate.

Although while I wish THF would get invited for it's damage output. That would never happen. Like the original poster stated THF is pretty much just for TH. At least DNC gets to come as a support role. THF once you put TH on the mob they no longer care and will let you die. Last for heals, last for haste, and last for status cures if you get any at all. I almost wish for more solo type abilities and traits since it feels like I'm alone even in a party. Only time it's not like that is when I'm with my linkshell.
    Wasn't that the point of this thread, so many others pointing out that DNC got higher lvls for job traits than THF. That they have more accuracy traits and attack boost traits.

IF you want to talk including gear then yes there is alot more differences. My point was trait wise if THF gets DNC traits that it lack, then the converse is that DNC should get THF traits that it lacks.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    As an update, Flourishes III is more useful than it used to be, but it will not be a real asset until SE releases upgraded empyrean armor. The category is mostly useful now because DNC makes so many FMs that we have no other way to spend them.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2