Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

[Dev1235] Job Adjustments

OK so my thoughts on this stuff.

The following jobs will undergo adjustments.
    • Warrior
      • The effects of the job ability Berserk will increase in stages as the player rises in level. Physical attack will increase by 1% per stage at levels 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90, and will reach a maximum of 30% when combined with the original effects.
      • The effects of the job ability Defender will increase in stages as the player rises in level. Physical defense will increase by 1% per stage at levels 50, 60, 70, 80, and 90, and will reach a maximum of 30% when combined with the original effects.
    Okay, that's pretty nice. Also nice for the 90% of monsters being WAR/WAR in Monstrosity.

• Thief
      • Dagger skill will be raised from A to A+.
    No complaints there! Don't know how much that helps but it's certainly a welcome change.

• Beastmaster
      • Axe skill will be raised from A to A+.
      • Familiars summoned using the Call Beast ability will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    Good and necessary. Sounds like they went back on their original plan of having pet accuracy compensated only by Job Points?

• Ninja
      • A new job trait, Daken, will be added.
        When equipped with a shuriken, the ninja will occasionally throw it upon autoattacking.
        This trait will be learned at level 25 and will increase in stages at level 40, 55, 70, and 95.
        * Shuriken thrown using Daken will not be consumed.
      • Sange will undergo the following adjustments.
        Sange (Recast time: 3 min., effect duration: 60 sec.)
        Daken will always activate but consume shuriken. Increase ranged accuracy by 25.
      • Katana skill will be raised from A to A+.
    Seems like a good day to be a Ninja. All this looks good. A flat out damage buff for NIN.

• Dragoon
      • Wyverns will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    Well lame that its the only change, but see Beastmaster comments.

• Summoner
      • A new spell will be added.
        • Atomos (Lv. 75, Recast time: 60 sec.)
          Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.
          * Atomos has no additional blood pacts usable during Astral Flow.
    This has to be the most insulting thing ever done to summoner in its entire history. I made a seperate thread about this in the summoner board, but succinctly, Wow, this is bad. This is supposed to compete with Alexander or even Odin for attention?

• A new job ability, Apogee, will be added.
        Apogee (Lv. 70, Recast time: 5 min., Effect duration: 60 sec.)
        Decreases the recast time on the next blood pact, but causes it to consume more MP.
    Anything that speeds the job up a bit is welcome, even if its only once every 5 minutes...

• The job ability Avatar's Favor will be changed.
        • Penalties, including physical and magic attack, will be abolished.
        • The avatar's perpetuation cost will increase.
      • Avatars will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    I will miss the reduced perp effect but it certainly seems nice. But when it says perp cost will increase, do they mean increase to the normal value instead of the reduction it had before? or increased over the normal perp cost without favor? If it's the latter, I'll never use it most likely. i suppose it's all right if the effect doesnt reset on use of a BP.

• Blue Mage
      • The casting time of the following spells will be decreased.
        Metallic Body / Warm-Up / Amplification / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar
      • The effect duration of the following spells will be increased.
        Memento Mori / Reactor Cool / Saline Coat / Plasma Charge / Diamondhide / Magic Barrier / Barrier Tusk / Orcish Counterstance / Nature's Meditation / Zephyr Mantle / Triumphant Roar
      • The MP cost of Triumphant Roar will be decreased.
      • The efficacy of Regeneration will be increased.
      • Attribute adjustments will be added to the following spells.
        Tempestuous Upheaval / Rending Deluge / Enbalming Earth / Foul Water / Retinal Glare / Subduction
      • Sword skill will be raised from A to A+.
    I don't know anything about BLU but nothing in here seems in any way negative. It all sounds good.

• Puppetmaster
      • Hand-to-hand skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
      • Automatons will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    Hand to hand YAY. Accuracy, YAY. (See beastmaster above)

• Dancer
      • The following job abilities will undergo adjustments.
        • The recast time for steps will be decreased from fifteen to five seconds.
        • The recast time for the job ability Presto will be decreased from thirty to fifteen seconds.
        • The job ability Climactic Flourish will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
        • The job ability Striking Flourish will have its recast time decreased from 120 to thirty seconds and will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
        • The job ability Ternary Flourish will have its recast time decreased from 120 to forty-five seconds and will receive a damage boost varying with charisma.
      • Dagger skill will be raised from B+ to A+.
    All this sounds really nice.

• Geomancer
      • A new job ability, Entrust, will be added.
        Entrust (Lv. 75, Recast time: 10 min., Effect duration: 60sec.)
        The next indicolure spell cast may target a party member.
    Nice in theory, but recast is way too long. Should be 5 mins.

It's good that they're raising the combat skill for so many job's main weapons that don't have that skill at maximum. This whole thing looks good, except for the announcement of Atomos, which is so terrible it makes me want to cry, on top of me wondering how such a simple effect took SEVERAL YEARS to develop...
    (3)

Character
    Komachii
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    No BRD dagger skill upgrade
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    A boost from A to A+ on weapon skills is 7 levels in an age where we have +200 skill on our weapons. Whoop de doo. Not complaining, but it's not going to be saving anyone.

Seems like a good day to be a Ninja. All this looks good. A flat out damage buff for NIN.
    Not really, if you had any idea how bad Ninja is right now you'd know it'd take a lot more than just some skill adjustments and what amounts to a pseudo double attack trait to fix it. Nevertheless I'll have fun playing around with it. Sange sounds like its useful now (given how fast Ninja swings though, I hope these new shuriken are easy to get because they'll be burned away like crazy). The trait itself will only be useful if the proc rate and the provided shuriken are powerful enough to outweigh the benefits of just wearing a Yetshila for boosted criticals. I also really hope they either work off of melee accuracy or they have some plan to boost NIN's ranged accuracy because otherwise it's useless.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Where's the skill update for COR? If all future content are designed for acc A+ jobs, COR would be hard to DD on anything that resists leaden salute and deserve a spot in alliance. It's already kinda hard to DD in VD lv of content if the target resists leaden salute.
    (0)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Where's Feather Barrier at? Can I get an evasion version of Cocoon please?
    (2)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    My thoughts. I like how they are making Zephyr mantle an option for BLU blinking, but with only 4 shadows and a 60 second recast, I doubt anyone will use it over Occultation which is 8-9 shadows and a 1:15 recast. Depends what is being fought I guess- gives us options anyhow.

LOVE that they are increasing duration on blu buffs as well. Natures Meditation only lasting a minute when you are swinging almost as fast as a NIN is a kick in the ball sack. Too much effort to keep it up- I'd be happy with a 2:30 duration, but 5 would be awesome.

To OP- re: Atomos, I can see it being useful on something like Tojil though- steal his shell effect for your whole PT. Or when delve bosses put up their Aura - if you can steal it, that would be a winner.

Increase in skill levels shows they are coming to their senses after so many years. Why BST, BLU, THF didn't have A+ already is a huge mystery, but glad it's being fixed. 7+ acc/att is 7+ acc/att. It all helps.

Oh and almost forgot, if the reduced timers on steps carry over to /DNC Dynamis just got a whole lot more profitable.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ramzi; 09-30-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It sounds like Atomos is just a normal spell with a timer, yeah. I doubt it can steal SP effects if that's the case, so basically it's just an extra dispel every 60 seconds. The buff effect is meh because aside from the fact that you won't be able to choose what you're stealing, how often do you need to actually steal some beneficial effect anyway, if you're in a group you probably already have all the important buffs up, and if you're soloing you're not going to waste your time dismissing your pet and waiting for Atomos's slow ass to steal you a protect or whatever. Occasionally you might get a useful attack boost for your party or something but that's probably just a bonus.
    (0)

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Komachii View Post
    No BRD dagger skill upgrade
    Sad here too about no dagger skill for BRD, but I'd take Singing, Wind, and String skill pushed to A+ from our C over a dagger skill if had the choice.
    (0)

Character
    Redwave
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 91
    Basically threw the other jobs in there as a cover up to have an excuse to make a second thread to complain about Atmos @.@
    (4)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    so climactic flourish is going to even more like sneak attack now, except CHR instead of DEX as the mod, and it still triggers through 5 hits!

Wondering how I can maximize damage without getting eaten by JA delay though
    (1)

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast