Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I have really mixed feelings on fast step recast for non main dancer, that's just broken in the hands of thf main for dyna. Most camps barely support 1 person already.
    This is pretty game changing and potentially bad for dynamis when you have crowding since monster respawn will not keep up with staggering from a 3x speed increase in step frequency.
    This would be a great time to reconsider the dynamis stagger rate for weaponskills and magic procs if only to alleviate congestion for JA staggered dynamis monsters with these sort of step changes.

THF already get a free pass to D/VD battlefields because of TH and if they can get away with /dnc instead of /nin, they bring super fast step building to the table now even if it caps lower.

My bound to be unpopular opinion on the step recast changes is that these are kept to be dancer main only.
    (2)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Nostromo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 36
    I'm thankful for the PUP and SMN adjustments, but I think it's a little too late.
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    COR deserves at least A- marksmanship/dagger or B+ marksmanship.
    (1)

Character
    Suteru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Where's the COR Marksmanship skill boost?

But yeah, that Atomos seems really bad. It took them 5 years to come up with this?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru_Sylph View Post
    I'm thankful for the PUP and SMN adjustments, but I think it's a little too late.
    I feel the same about BST... especially the too little part. I wish I could be optimistic but I was already burned by the crappy pet food which was pretty much useless for real content. These guys will give BST pets 20 acc and call it a day. Hope I'm wrong, but without numbers (why didn't they say how much they will boost) I refuse to be optimistic at this point.

Anyway, still won't solve the rest of the problem with pets - unbufffed while everyone is super buffed, etc.

Also I dislike the perp cost on favour.... leveling smn right now and I really appreciated how favour made it more possible to use avatars... guess I better cap before the update cause there is not enough refresh/perp down gear for smns who are leveling...
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 10-01-2014 at 03:22 AM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    ...you're not going to waste your time dismissing your pet and waiting for Atomos's slow ass to steal you a protect or whatever.
    If we look at Atomos in full optimism mode (which will no doubt be dashed to pieces on the patch day), it's possible that we don't even have to dismiss our current avatar to use it. All the other summoning magic spells explicitly state "Summons X to fight by your side", whereas Atomos doesn't. If we're going with the hypothesis that it's a targetted spell like Odin (though hopefully without the Astral Flow requirement), we may end up with a normal non-pet-calling spell with a Summoning Magic graphical effect of "summoning" and "dismissing" Atomos. That would be nice.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    COR deserves at least A- marksmanship/dagger or B+ marksmanship.
    Right? all the other jobs with B+ got bumped up to A+. Also would it kill them to give THF and COR a decent marksmanship skill? Even if it was raised to A+ RNG would still do better even with just an A.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphires View Post
    I have really mixed feelings on fast step recast for non main dancer, that's just broken in the hands of thf main for dyna. Most camps barely support 1 person already.
    This is pretty game changing and potentially bad for dynamis when you have crowding since monster respawn will not keep up with staggering from a 3x speed increase in step frequency.
    This would be a great time to reconsider the dynamis stagger rate for weaponskills and magic procs if only to alleviate congestion for JA staggered dynamis monsters with these sort of step changes.

THF already get a free pass to D/VD battlefields because of TH and if they can get away with /dnc instead of /nin, they bring super fast step building to the table now even if it caps lower.

My bound to be unpopular opinion on the step recast changes is that these are kept to be dancer main only.
    First the /DNC step recast isn't going to change the rate of which THFs kill in Dynamis. All it will do is allow them to proc all the mobs they kill. I personally don't stop attacking or turn my back just to proc. You get more money just killing it and trying to proc the next one. Second Dynamis doesn't matter for end game balance who the hell even cares.

As for D/VD battlefields, believe it or not I would like to do more than just be there as a lucky charm, something the devs can't seem to get through their skulls. Also in the case you don't need shadows for a battlefield no THF should be /DNC. THF/DNC is a farming job set up. If you don't need to /NIN to stay alive pick a subjob that will actually increase damage output.

As for my rant, why do they keep giving THF's job abilities to other jobs? RNGs get TH, SCH get enmity control, and now DNC gets Sneak Attack. Only it's better than Sneak Attack since they don't have to worry about the mob turning or party members with their backs to the wall. All it costs them is 150tp.

They could at least give use something new, but no. All we get is +7 combat skill. Big freaking whoop.
    (1)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Right? all the other jobs with B+ got bumped up to A+. Also would it kill them to give THF and COR a decent marksmanship skill? Even if it was raised to A+ RNG would still do better even with just an A.

First the /DNC step recast isn't going to change the rate of which THFs kill in Dynamis. All it will do is allow them to proc all the mobs they kill. I personally don't stop attacking or turn my back just to proc. You get more money just killing it and trying to proc the next one. Second Dynamis doesn't matter for end game balance who the hell even cares.

As for D/VD battlefields, believe it or not I would like to do more than just be there as a lucky charm, something the devs can't seem to get through their skulls. Also in the case you don't need shadows for a battlefield no THF should be /DNC. THF/DNC is a farming job set up. If you don't need to /NIN to stay alive pick a subjob that will actually increase damage output.

As for my rant, why do they keep giving THF's job abilities to other jobs? RNGs get TH, SCH get enmity control, and now DNC gets Sneak Attack. Only it's better than Sneak Attack since they don't have to worry about the mob turning or party members with their backs to the wall. All it costs them is 150tp.

They could at least give use something new, but no. All we get is +7 combat skill. Big freaking whoop.
    id shed a tear for THFs, but SAMs got Konzen-Ittai, at least climactic flourish doesnt just straight up ape sneak attack
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    id shed a tear for THFs, but SAMs got Konzen-Ittai, at least climactic flourish doesnt just straight up ape sneak attack
    Right sometimes I forget how hard SAM has it. But seriously if climactic flourish gets a 1/1 base damage increase with CHA how is it not better than Sneak Attack? With five moves and the Charis Tiara +2 you get six attack rounds of sneak attacks with an added 20% damage. It would be a cinch to get 2 weaponskills off in that time.
    (0)

Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    OK so my thoughts on this stuff.

A new spell will be added.
    Atomos: Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.

This has to be the most insulting thing ever done to summoner in its entire history.
    As someone who has played SMN as long as I have, if not longer, you're not surprised with this? Fenrir Prime's Lunar Roar has close to 50 yalm range and removes all buffs, vs our own version's range of maybe 15 yalms and removes only 2 buffs. Not to mention comparing the Lv65 Prime avatars in the battles having native Double-Attack and their relative enspells naturally. I'm not disagreeing with your statement, but did you honestly expect our Atomos' ability to be the same as the Atomos version in the mission fight with Cait Sith...?

A new job ability will be added.
    Apogee: Decreases the recast time on the next blood pact, but causes it to consume more MP.

Anything that speeds the job up a bit is welcome, even if its only once every 5 minutes...
    When I first read this, I thought it reduced BP recasts for the full duration of 60 second buff, but based on the wording "next blood pact" perhaps not... I'll still hold out that maybe it will be useful.

The job ability Avatar's Favor will be changed.
    *Penalties, including physical and magic attack, will be abolished.
    *The avatar's perpetuation cost will increase.

I will miss the reduced perp effect but it certainly seems nice. But when it says perp cost will increase, do they mean increase to the normal value instead of the reduction it had before? or increased over the normal perp cost without favor? If it's the latter, I'll never use it most likely. i suppose it's all right if the effect doesnt reset on use of a BP.
    Why wouldn't you use it? This alone makes Favor actually worth having. Yeah, the perp cost will increase while its active instead of lowering it, but we can finally provide a party-wide benefit and NOT weaken the damage output of our avatars. Maybe they'll increase the Favor caps and reduce the time needed to maximize buff values also. Think of it this way: if anything it will be like back in the 75 days, where at best you could only keep -3 to -6mp MP/tic loss with avatars out. Myself, I have idle gear that my avatars are free and I get +5/+6 mp/tic refresh with them out, so it probably won't affect me at all; and it beats sitting with the mages doing nothing while providing Fenrir's or Shiva's Favor.
    (0)

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast