Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Willinsen
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think it steals SP ability like Larceny but many mob self-buff effect are quite potent. Giving that to EVERY party member in range maybe isn't extremely usefull in every fight but still i can't say it's completly useless. It sounds far better than a 1hr Absorb-stats that we were expecting to me. We don't know anyway, if it's really linked to Astral flow that would make it quite bad.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Think this is actually a pretty useful tool for Smn. Read into the info they gave. Notice no mention of using a BP, like Odin and Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by SE
    Summoner
    A new spell will be added.
    Atomos (Lv. 75, Recast time: 60 sec.)
    Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.
    No use of a BP, you cast the spell, he does his thing, and he goes away, just like Odin and Alexander, sans the Astral Flow requirements. Even if it's just a party wide Absorb-Atri, with some solid fast cast, you could get that down to 20 sec easily enough, and that's outside of the BP timer. It may not be an omgamazing addition, but it's not difficult to see the use in that. If anything, I'm excited to see that model of Avatar come to Smn without needing Astral Flow. If they are willing to expand the list of summonable creatures, maybe we could see more avatars with this model, similar to old school FF Smns.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Be as it may however, I am still afraid that it might also steal and redistribute any detrimental effects. o_O;
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Not that it's not possible, but I'd imagine they've got the code in place already for stealing positive effects only. See Voracious Trunk, Absorb-Atri, and Larceny.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Not that it's not possible, but I'd imagine they've got the code in place already for stealing positive effects only. See Voracious Trunk, Absorb-Atri, and Larceny.
    The text for for all of those spells specifically says "beneficial" effect. Atomos just says "magic effect" and who knows what that means.
    (0)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    On first impressions, I already greatly prefer this Atomos summoning magic to another useless Astral Flow only ability. Even if the effect transferred is random, Atomos' effect is going to be worth using in at least some situations - most NMs have buffs worth stealing. Hopefully detrimental effects won't be included, though I wouldn't put it past SE. I'll reserve judgement until the release, but I'm preparing myself to be pleased with this!

Avatar's Favour - It almost couldn't get any worse than it is now, so this looks to be an improvement. I'm pretty sure the wording implies that perpetuation cost will increase up from base value after the change, not just remove the cost reduction we have now, but I think we can cope with that unless it's absurd. It all hinges on whether BP use resets favour potency still - if so, then it's still borderline worthless.

Apogee - Certainly can't hurt. Shame that they felt that this required a penalty in MP.

Increased accuracy - Thank goodness for that.

I was really hoping the promised update would remove the caps on our Wards and increase the potency on some of our weaker enhancing effects, but this is all still potentially nice stuff. Hopefully more waiting in the wings - and some bug fixes wouldn't go amiss either.
    (0)
    Last edited by Jerbob; 10-01-2014 at 01:31 AM.

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    on first glance it looks useless. sadly it does look on 2nd as well when you take macc into account. like on lvl ??? Holy. useful every 200 tries. i hope the macc will be way better than on Caith sith lvl ??? Holy or Diabolos Death ability
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbob View Post
    Avatar's Favour - It almost couldn't get any worse than it is now, so this looks to be an improvement. I'm pretty sure the wording implies that perpetuation cost will increase up from base value after the change, not just remove the cost reduction we have now, but I think we can cope with that unless it's absurd. It all hinges on whether BP use resets favour potency still - if so, then it's still borderline worthless.

Apogee - Certainly can't hurt. Shame that they felt that this required a penalty in MP.

I was really hoping the promised update would remove the caps on our Wards and increase the potency on some of our weaker enhancing effects, but this is all still potentially nice stuff. Hopefully more waiting in the wings - and some bug fixes wouldn't go amiss either..
    These are all my same concerns I have. If Atomos doesn't suck then it may be super useful VS certain bosses. I wonder if we'll still have to Dismiss our current Avatar to Atomos, would be awesome if you could summon it too, like in the fight. If the reset of Avatar's Favor still happens, then it's of no use to us. (Still wish SMN had Stay). As for Apogee, I agree that the MP+ thing sucks. BLM, BRD, and RDM's Mini-1hrs don't have a negative thing attached to them. :< I'm also hoping that while we wait for those new BPs our old ones get a boost.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

If Atomos isn't tied to Astral Flow, then it's likely to be highly magic accuracy based, and due to the fact that you cast Atomos on the mob, rather than casting atomos then using a BP on the mob, it's likely to be the SMN's Magic Acc, rather than the Avatar's. Which means another set of gear (unless you're a SMN who has an Impact set already). But let's hope not.

Atomos is either going to be really quite good, or really bad, but there's so many ways for it to be bad, it's more than likely going to be the latter.
    (0)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I doubt it steals detrimental effects like giving everyone a helix effect.

It sounds as if it is going to be Absorb-Attri but instead of going to Atomos, it is AoE. So this sounds similar to DRK but AoE. If this is something that is indeed one minute and not an Astral flow pact, it may have some uses.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast