Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

What in the name of anything @ Atomos

Atomos (Lv. 75, Recast time: 60 sec.)
    Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.
    * Atomos has no additional blood pacts usable during Astral Flow.
    This has to be the most disappointing thing i've EVER seen. I suppose there are some specific places it could be powerful (It does say "friendly players" not "party members" so it would seem to apply to everyone nearby...) but unless it steals things like 1-hour abilities or unique monster effects not normally avialable to players, it seems like pure garbage. Who would ever use this over Alxeander or even Odin?
    (6)

I must admit that I do find this utterly disappointing indeed.
    Apart from that, it speaks of a magic effect, which leaves in the middle if that magic effect is a beneficial or a detrimental one.

It may as well be a Helix spell by a well geared Scholar that you're transfering to your allies. (Hi Mastop in a bottle!)

That aside, I am very curious as to how the new Avatar's Favor will work.
    And if this rule:
    • Avatars will have increased physical and magic accuracy when level 100 or above.
    Is tied to the Favor changes or is a seperate buff for Avatars of level 100+.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It's safe to say the accuracy change always applies, because the same change was applied to ALL pet jobs.

As far as I can tell on avatar's favor, it now costs you more MP instead of less but no longer has any detrimental effects (no reduced attack/MAB and probably no effect reset on BP use, but that part remains to be seen.)

Atomos, I mean, we knew it was going to be a 1-hour ability, but they had SEVERAL years to come up with an interesting ability and this was the best they could do?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Atomos, I mean, we knew it was going to be a 1-hour ability, but they had SEVERAL years to come up with an interesting ability and this was the best they could do?
    I know, personally I was hoping for Atomos' BP to be have like an Impact/Ultimate Terror effect on the mob and dividing the stolen stats over the partymembers.
    As per my previous post, if it can be any magic effect, you may as well instantly kill your entire group with this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-30-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Character
    Willinsen
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    It doesn't say it need astral flow active, maybe it's just a spell with a normal recast?
    (1)

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Willinsen View Post
    It doesn't say it need astral flow active, maybe it's just a spell with a normal recast?
    My thoughts exactly. Otherwise, why would they include the "* Atomos has no additional blood pacts usable during Astral Flow." It's different from the wording that was used for Odin and Alexander. They may be saying that Atomos is casted like Odin, but without needing Astral Flow, and that if you do use Astral Flow and summon Atomos, that he won't use a different Astral Flow specific ability.

Could we get a dev to clear up this confusion? Do we need Astral Flow active to summon Atomos? If so, is he able to absorb SP abilities?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Willinsen View Post
    That is indeed a very astute observation, we have been under the assumption from previous announcements that Atomos, like Alexander and Odin would only be summonable under the effects of Astral Flow.
    It could go either way, though. Time will tell.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Atomos is a huge disappointment, especially considering we've been waiting years for this. It is basically Larceny, except the effect is spread to the allies and not to the player only. If it does not prioritize SP abilities it will be even more useless.

The Avatar's Favor changes are also slightly disappointing, but I guess I should be happy they touched it at all. If the increase in perp. cost is only to the normal levels AND the favor is not reset upon BP usage, then I will be fine with it. Most of the favors need to be reworked, but if we essentially get the current favors for "free," then I will stop complaining. If we have to pump out even more perp cost for the underwhelming favors, then they are not worth using imo. This of course overlooks the fact that most of the time you are going to summon, BP and release so you will rarely have the full favor effect and that your avatar is likely to be taken down by AOE on anything worthwhile.

The new JA is nice and the increase accuracy is desperately needed. I'm just wondering where Hastega II and the other new BPs are. Where are the rest of Cait Sith's BPs?
    (1)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    That is indeed a very astute observation, we have been under the assumption from previous announcements that Atomos, like Alexander and Odin would only be summonable under the effects of Astral Flow.
    It could go either way, though. Time will tell.
    I thought this at first as well, however if it is not tied to astral flow would that not be a slap in the face to Thiefs? It would be a better version of their SP ability every minute. That assumes of course Atomos is able to remove SP abilities. If it isn't, then this spell is complete garbage.
    (0)

Removes one magic effect from an enemy and grants it to friendly players within area of effect.
    I am pretty sure that effects from special abilities do not fall under the catagory "Magic effect".
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast