Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Called it! :c
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    LOL! I'm sure it's going to be fixed with emergency maintenance, but it is hilarious situational irony, that someone predicted this would happen with Atomos and it does by a known issue.
    So I tested this with steps on a crab, and didn't receive the effect of the step, and then did the same on a Wizard Skeleton.
    Atomos did take the Ice Spikes, and not the steps present, so I believe that what they are actually saying is that if he is inflicted with a status ailment, himself, (E.I. Poison, Silence, etc...) then he'll pass it on. Because I stole from a Tonberry, Utsusemi, and he was still able to attack Atomos while he was summoned.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Eerica
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I tried Atomos on a mandy outside Adoulin and it's definitely too slow to be useful. Even if you wanted to steal something you still have to Release you currently summoned Avatar to call for it, then wait for the casting time, wait for it to absorb the effect then wait some more for it to give it to the party. In the meantime the effect will have lost a significant chunk of its original duration.
    If SE wants us to use it, they'll have to at least make it an instant cast like Odin and Alexander. Letting us use it while having another Avatar out would be good too.
    (1)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    So I tested this with steps on a crab, and didn't receive the effect of the step, and then did the same on a Wizard Skeleton.
    Atomos did take the Ice Spikes, and not the steps present, so I believe that what they are actually saying is that if he is inflicted with a status ailment, himself, (E.I. Poison, Silence, etc...) then he'll pass it on. Because I stole from a Tonberry, Utsusemi, and he was still able to attack Atomos while he was summoned.
    lol, I know. It was pretty clear they meant with Atomos being affected directly. I'm not saying it lines up perfectly, just saying it was funny someone theorized it might not always transfer positive buffs. Way to kill the humour.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    lol, I know. It was pretty clear they meant with Atomos being affected directly. I'm not saying it lines up perfectly, just saying it was funny someone theorized it might not always transfer positive buffs. Way to kill the humour.
    Mission Accomplished!
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Except that it wasn't theorized… It was theorized he would steal debuffs and pass them on. This is different. It sounds as if from their coding he does Absorb-Attri, gets the status, then passes on all of his statuses (which included negative because they probably did not think ahead) to everyone in range. When Atomos is debuffed there is an issue. It isn't an issue of him stealing debuffs.
    (1)

I was kind of upset, gonna have to try it again. But I was in Dynamis-Tavnazia and I tried to steal the Stoneskin from the Worms as a test and.... nothing, I couldn't steal it at all. Which is vexing to say the least, if we can't even remove a simple effect like stoneskin.
    (0)

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    SE should lower the casting time of Athomos. Usually before i get the chance to summon him anyone with /rdm or a Brd has already casted dispel/finale. And since you cant use Athomos while having another avatar present he is "almost" obsolete
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4