Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    It will be possible to summon Atomos without using Astral Flow.

In regards to the absorption effect, it is the same effect as that of dark magic spell Absorb-Attri and the blue magic spell Voracious Trunk. The effect duration from the monster you absorb an effect from will carry over, so if you absorb it when there are only a few seconds left, it will only remain on your party members for this duration as well.

Essentially, when it comes to Blood Pacts, Atomos is similar to Odin and Alexander in the sense that it is summoned just for this ability alone; however, Astral Flow is not required. There are no plans to add other Blood Pact abilities for Atomos.
    (13)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post

In regards to the absorption effect, it is the same effect as that of dark magic spell Absorb-Attri and the blue magic spell Voracious Trunk. The effect duration from the monster you absorb an effect from will carry over, so if you absorb it when there are only a few seconds left, it will only remain on your party members for this duration as well.

Essentially, when it comes to Blood Pacts, Atomos is similar to Odin and Alexander in the sense that it is summoned just for this ability alone; however, Astral Flow is not required. There are no plans to add other Blood Pact abilities for Atomos.
    More single spell-type avatars pls! *coughnaakaulscough*
    (0)

I kinda like that because its a throw back to old FF games!
    (2)

so, with it not being tied to Astral Flow we can pretty much guarantee it isn't viable against boss mobs...
    (1)

Character
    Craptaculous
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post

That's decent.

One question:
    What will the Magic accuracy of Atomos's move rely on? Magic Accuracy skill+? Main hand weapon iLevel? Ammo piece iLevel? Pet:Magic Accuracy? Pet:Physical Accuracy? or any combination of the previously mentioned?

Thanks .
    (1)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Not going to lie, I am no smn but my main is drk and I was pretty surprised with what I was able to steal with absorb-attribute. The only mobs it did not seem to work on are those that resisted the absorb spells all together. I hope this information is useful considering it seems that they both work the same according to the dev team . So as long as it is not an aura or resistant to absorb type spells, it should work, even on bosses.
    (2)
    Last edited by mattkoko; 10-05-2014 at 03:01 AM.

Character
    Rakshaka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Excellent; now we have a dispel ability that can be used without having to burn a ward pact. This is assuming that the blood pact that Atomos uses will behave in the same way as Zantetsuken and Perfect Defense, in that it doesn't cause any blood pact timer to go on cooldown. I'm doubly glad that I have a fast cast gear set now, seeing as how the only constraint on how often we can summon Atomos seems to just be recast time.

I often see people complain the most when the new toy that we get isn't some new game breaking overpowered thing. I think people should instead focus on the thing that makes this job special, it's versatility. Whenever I get on any job besides smn I almost immediately miss it, because on those other jobs I don't have an infinite number of tools at my disposal. We can do physical damage, we can do magical damage, we have party wide buffs (many of which are unique to us), we have varied debuffs, and some of the most awesome looking abilities around. When I get a new tool for my smn toolbox, im not looking for a hammer that's bigger than the one I already have; I'm looking for a new tool to add to my collection.

Granted, some of the tools at our disposal are broken, and NEED to be fixed (e.g. ward buffs that stopped gaining potency after level 75; please dev team, throw us a bone and adjust their potency based on avatar level), but I hope people can start appreciating the job for its variety of abilities.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshaka View Post
    Excellent; now we have a dispel ability that can be used without having to burn a ward pact. This is assuming that the blood pact that Atomos uses will behave in the same way as Zantetsuken and Perfect Defense, in that it doesn't cause any blood pact timer to go on cooldown. I'm doubly glad that I have a fast cast gear set now, seeing as how the only constraint on how often we can summon Atomos seems to just be recast time.

I often see people complain the most when the new toy that we get isn't some new game breaking overpowered thing. I think people should instead focus on the thing that makes this job special, it's versatility. Whenever I get on any job besides smn I almost immediately miss it, because on those other jobs I don't have an infinite number of tools at my disposal. We can do physical damage, we can do magical damage, we have party wide buffs (many of which are unique to us), we have varied debuffs, and some of the most awesome looking abilities around. When I get a new tool for my smn toolbox, im not looking for a hammer that's bigger than the one I already have; I'm looking for a new tool to add to my collection.

Granted, some of the tools at our disposal are broken, and NEED to be fixed (e.g. ward buffs that stopped gaining potency after level 75; please dev team, throw us a bone and adjust their potency based on avatar level), but I hope people can start appreciating the job for its variety of abilities.

In the community's defense, clarification was most definitely needed. Most were under the impression that Astral Flow would have to be used, which had it been the case, would have been horrible. A dispel effect with a 1hr recast that removes 1 effect at the cost of all your MP... You can't blame people for being mad. And comparing that to Zantetsuken and Prefect Defense, it's very disheartening, and even more so with the huge delay on putting the avatar out.

It's good to see SMN is at least getting something, but SMN is still far from where it could be. I'm hoping we can steal a DD slot now with this boost to ACC. And depending on how much the +Prep comes to be with the Avatar's Favor and hopefully no buildup, we can be considered for a DD/Support like COR. Of course, I'd still like to see a few of the Avatar's Favor changed, like Ramuh's from CRIT%+ to ACC+ or CRIT DMG+, and perhaps Fenrir's from Magic Evasion to Regain. Ifrit's and Leviathan's Favors might actually be AMAZING now. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what this update shows.

And as you've said yourself, They do need to look into fixing our Wards as well, but maybe also look into making our Rages so they can SC higher than just the basic things. That way we can be part of the party in every way we can.
    (1)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Varos
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I was hoping for something more like this.

Oh well. I don't play mages anyway... just feels like it would fit FFXI better than this.

A new series of "Summon spells" would be an interesting mechanic for the job, not summoning followers, but producing instant effects, if they keep up this pattern. (already brainstormed a list of possibilities years ago)
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    When Atomos uses his blood pact ability while suffering from a status ailment or other effects, that effect is granted to party members.
    LOL! I'm sure it's going to be fixed with emergency maintenance, but it is hilarious situational irony, that someone predicted this would happen with Atomos and it does by a known issue.
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast