Character
    Dominato
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Stuttering/lag when moving camera

Hello,

I am hoping somebody on here can help me solve a very frustrating issue i am having.
    I have returned to play XI and no matter what settings i change it has incredible stutter or lagging when turning the camera making it very unplayable. I have tried many things to try and solve this issues such as:

Disabling HiD's in the device manager
    I have fiddled with all settings in the Nvidia control panel
    I have maxed and lowered all ffxi settings
    The game runs at 29-30 FPS according to FRAPS even during the lag/stuttering

I am at a loss and cannot find out why i get this horrid lag when looking about. Any help to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated as I love this game and want to play it again. I will try to get a screen cap to show the lag/stutter I am talking about... Update: I recorded a video but it does not show the full extent of the lagging for some reason but it is still visible

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 4 Cores
    Motherboard: MSI Z87 - G45 Gaming ATX
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 660
    Notes: PC is connected via ethernet cable to fiber optic broadband
    (0)
    Last edited by Herooftime3990; 09-29-2014 at 02:27 AM.

Character
    Dominato
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Surely there is somebody else who has experienced this problem or a member of SE staff who can help me. I played this game fine on my older pc that had worse hardware then my current one. I would really like some help as I want to play this epic game again ; ;
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Herooftime3990 View Post
    Surely there is somebody else who has experienced this problem or a member of SE staff who can help me. I played this game fine on my older pc that had worse hardware then my current one. I would really like some help as I want to play this epic game again ; ;
    This has been happening for many years already, and it has to do with GPU drivers and the game being so old and neglected. With AMD cards it happened after they moved from the older style drivers to the CCC ones, and I'm guessing the same happened with Nvidia. And since XI doesn't have the numbers to make then spend time on fixing the drivers for it the only thing I can tell you is to hope SE someday upgrades the client to DX9 at least. But it's very unlikely to happen.

In other words we are kinda SOL about this unless someone makes a mod to fix it somehow... but again it seems not enough people playing even for that.

PS > On the bright side you get used to it... kinda maybe. <_<;
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Dominato
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    That is a shame, I really hate stutter/lag so It looks like this game will be put to rest for good then. I have tried many things to try and play it again since I had many years of enjoyment from it. I really hope SE can make us a fix for this some when, surely it is not that difficult?

Thanks for your reply Raydeus ^^
    (0)

Character
    Dominato
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Update: I attempted to install an old GPU of mine into my PC to see if that helped at all and no improvement at all. I have one last idea to test before I put this to rest for good - My old pc i used to play it on (my brother has it somewhere in his loft) if this does not work then i shall give up and pray that SE makes a patch for this or someone can make a workaround.

Please any suggestions would be welcomed

Thanks
    (0)