Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

Change the random Augment loot system

No one likes how random augments are, and affects player's interest in doing skirmishes and Incursion. I have yet to see a shout for any Alluvion Skirmish in the month of September.
    (6)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    No one likes how random augments are, and affects player's interest in doing skirmishes and Incursion. I have yet to see a shout for any Alluvion Skirmish in the month of September.

The lack of interest in Alluvion skirmish has nothing to do with random augment.....it has something to do with A.skirmish weapon reward suck compare with RME, regardless of the augment you get.

Incursion is still fairly popular, in fact it's the random augment kept the players continue to come back after they got their stuff. I'd probably be done with incursion now if the augment isn't random.
    (4)
    Last edited by Afania; 09-29-2014 at 05:21 AM.

Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    As much as I hate random augments they're a necessary evil. They're what keep experienced players going back and doing the content with people new to the content.
    (2)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Finally! After many Incursions level 125, i got my first cape for a job that i actually use.
    And the augment is...... STR +3.

Why allow useless augments like this? This is a waste of time.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 10-05-2014 at 03:05 PM.

I don't think I have ever seen an alluvion skirmish shout. I'd do it but releasing content with rewards that are outclassed before they were released is a bad way to get people to do content. I mean there are a couple good things in there (the all songs + instrument) maybe but... why did all the weapons have to be so crappy? They are nice models too.
    (2)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I know a ls member that creates and leads multiple incursions party, EVERYDAY. And still has not gotten a decent cape. Why do we have put up with this? Were gambling away our time and effort on unwanted items.
    (2)

Character
    Jedd
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I don't think I have ever seen an alluvion skirmish shout. I'd do it but releasing content with rewards that are outclassed before they were released is a bad way to get people to do content. I mean there are a couple good things in there (the all songs + instrument) maybe but... why did all the weapons have to be so crappy? They are nice models too.
    To add to this, a lot of people are probably hesitant to spend time/millions augmenting these weapons since they may be further upgraded in Alluvion Yorcia/Ra'Kaznar down the line and lose all of said augments.
    (1)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If these weapons were give the chance to be augmented to the path I want in a progressive manner, I would actually do various skirmishes. I could treat Alluvion Skirmishes as a substitue for magian trial weapons. So it wouldn't be just one single katana that i would want, But like 3-4 (could do more than 7 weapons if augmented this way)! It would be fun experimenting on these weapons. But as long as these augments are random, rather than progressive, the efforts in making one would feel like a waste of gil, effort, and time.

So why not make this changes? Alluvion Skirmish only lasted for a month after it's release, why not revive this content as such manner so that your efforts in creating the content weren't to waste.
    (2)

Player
    I just want to say I too hate all the random-augment systems, I wish against wish they could be changed.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedd View Post
    To add to this, a lot of people are probably hesitant to spend time/millions augmenting these weapons since they may be further upgraded in Alluvion Yorcia/Ra'Kaznar down the line and lose all of said augments.
    Yeah, they really burned people with that. I don't understand their reasoning. Maybe they think because they tricked people once into spending bajillions of gil upgrading skirmish gear that they can do it again, but people have wised up and it is really making the content unattractive.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html