Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

H-P Bayld aquisition

Hello Dev-Team,

please consider some more ways to acquire H-P Bayld. For every Mythic or Relic weapon there is an event where you can actually farm the required pieces at least efficient once per day, yet there is none for Bayld.

Sure you can get lucky at each reive, but the chances are low. and to invest around 24 hours to obtain maybe 1 or 2 stacks isnt worth the time. Salvage at least gives around 150/day, Dynamis around 300/day.

As of right now Bayld is worth around 30-50k gil per piece on my server. That means alone for the last stage its around 500M gil to obtain one Ergon weapon.

I dont ask to lower the requirement, just ask to add another more efficient way to obtain these. maybe add them to high tier mission battlefields and the aged bayld box to Very Difficult Battlefields? Its just a thought. But please reconsider this.

Thanks in advance for reading~
    (8)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    I recently requested the same thing from the DEV team:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...more-available

Their response was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them. With that said, there are no plans at this time to make high purity bayld more readily available.
    It seems like SE has chosen no longer to support these two weapons in any capacity, in terms of adjusting availability of HP Baylds. On the bright side, a few years down the road, when you finally are able to finish one, you'll be able to tell your friends you have the hardest single weapon in the game to obtain.

My server is completely dead...barely anyone ever sells HP Bayld. SE had some great chances to place these into coffers of new content like WoE or Incursion, but nah they continue to pretend like they never created these two weapons in the first place and offer no support for the two jobs that really needed these just to be able to "sorta" compete on equal footing with the current staple of endgame jobs.

Good luck though, on your long-term quest to obtain one of these. I share your pain my friend.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Windwhisper View Post
    Hello Dev-Team,

please consider some more ways to acquire H-P Bayld. For every Mythic or Relic weapon there is an event where you can actually farm the required pieces at least efficient once per day, yet there is none for Bayld.
    Apart from Coalition Ops, of course. And Reives.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    SE had some great chances to place these into coffers of new content like WoE or Incursion
    While it's not common at all (opened dozens, if not easily over 100 Gramk coffers) I have gotten HPBs out of one of Gramk's coffers. IIRC, got 3. :3

HPBs have a singular problem though, and that's Bayld being tied to being possibly used in future SoA content. Whether it's people with a few hundred thousand of it saving it for WKRs, or people hoarding millions if/when they add higher ilvl gear from Peacekeepers, the Bayld is out there. But due to the possibility of it being used in the future, most aren't willing to come up off of it, unless your price is right, which ends up being 50k+, resulting in a 700+ million gil Ergon.

Beyond that, if people knew that it wouldn't be used in the future, these would be far, far easier to create. I agree that solo farming current events is inefficient in creating an Ergon, but it is what it is. For now, you need to rely on others Bayld stocks for your supply. Perhaps in the future when the game moves past SoA, there will be a major overhall, as without one, Ergons would become by far the hardest RMEs to create.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    This would certainly explain why last week, when I had 130 High Purity Bayld to sell, they sold almost instantly after I did my /yell.

How does anyone actually know how to do these Rune Fencer and Geomancer quests anyway? I can't find a single writeup on FFXIClopedia or BG Wiki. How many HP Bayld do you need?
    (2)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    This would certainly explain why last week, when I had 130 High Purity Bayld to sell, they sold almost instantly after I did my /yell.

How does anyone actually know how to do these Rune Fencer and Geomancer quests anyway? I can't find a single writeup on FFXIClopedia or BG Wiki. How many HP Bayld do you need?
    Yeah, supply doesn't really last long unless it's overpriced, and eve then, there's quiet a few out and about that are desperate to grab up any supply that pops up.

As for a writeup, for the most part, the quests are fairly self explanatory. The details are in various threads spread about on FFXIAH and BG, but I don't recall which. As for a total HPB count, 13,099. You also need Legend in all 6 Coalitions, as well as 200 of each NQ Skirmish stone, Ghastly, Verd, and Wailing, 2.5 million plasm to buy a rare/ex item, and 6 semi random-ish Delve boss mats (seemed to follow a pattern of 2x pricey mats, 1x food mat) spread across two turn ins, for the two tiers of Delve.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Windwhispering
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    Apart from Coalition Ops, of course. And Reives.
    Yes 2 HPB/day since best output doing Courrier is around 20K normal Bayld/day

I suppose i have to live with the last stage of 400-500 Million gil. What i dont all do for a job i like...
    (1)
    Last edited by Windwhisper; 09-27-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Character
    Lostrose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Some balance in H-P Bayld acquisition content PLEASE!

The acquisition rate for H-P Bayld is absolutely ridiculous and totally disproportionate compared to other end game weapons, including other mythics.

“Since Ergon Weapons have been set as extremely strong weapons, the development team does not have any plans to ease up on the process for obtaining them.”

This is totally ridiculous argument, ergon weapons aren’t by any means stronger than other mythics for their respective jobs, or even horn for BRD for example (which is pathetically easy to obtain compared to these).

Even more annoying, the low supply has created a “scamming” attitude with players that just buy whatever H-P Bayld they can find at a reasonable cost, hording hundreds of them, and then try and re-sell at 40, 50, 100K each to desperate buyers. This cannot heavily happen for other currencies as there is such a high availability that it simply wouldn’t work. Players that want to build these weapons now have to compete with hordes of these guys trying to make an easy profit.
    SE please do something about this, this content is simply not balanced and unfair to those players that want to make RUN or GEO their main job.
    (0)

Character
    Liteholt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I'm not quite sure where this whole attitude of "H-P Bayld is hard to get" comes from. I myself can go out to Marjami, Kamhir, or Yorcia as a solo DNC, pull out my trusts, and just travel around smiting Lair and Colonization Reives. In those three zones, I average 5k bayld per Colonization, and 2-4k per Lair. So a good day's work, I can stack up enough bayld for 10 or more H-Ps. Sure, it would take a while to get the 13,000 or so that would be needed to finish a weapon... but look at it compared to Alexandrite or Dynamis coins. You can farm bayld almost anywhere in Adoulin with extreme ease, and can farm it all day long if you want. Dynamis you get 2 hours per day, Alex you get 1 hour 40 min (and even then, depending on which zone you do, you have a differing amount of guaranteed pieces, and have to get pretty deep into the zone before you get anything at all).
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinytimtaru View Post
    It seems like SE has chosen no longer to support these two weapons in any capacity, in terms of adjusting availability of HP Baylds. On the bright side, a few years down the road, when you finally are able to finish one, you'll be able to tell your friends you have the hardest single weapon in the game to obtain. .
    the GEO/RUN weapons are not the hardest to make, just time consuming. They are soloable. The hardest weapons to make are mythics as there are certain assaults that just can't be solo'd, like lebros supplies (assuming, like me, you aren't one of those people that moves a million miles per hour)
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast