Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Job Abilities in menu shuffled after changing jobs

This has been a pet peeve of mine for about a decade. Is it possible to have the order of Job Abilities saved when changing jobs? It's a pain to keep reordering them everytime I change jobs(spells do not need to be reordered, why do abilities?). This may be difficult however, because I presume changing subs/jobs adds new abilities to the menu's array and it would be difficult for the system to remember every permutation unless there was a "master list" of 'Job Abilities' like there was for magic. I may have answered my own question but I'm wondering if this could be changed. As someone who switches jobs often and uses JA from the menu often, this would save some frustration.
    (2)

2. 12-05-2014 07:20 AM

We confirmed the resetting of the job ability list order on the test server, so we talked to the devs. about the program.

As a result, we found out that the information about ability ordering is only kept temporarily on each job and in order to save this data upon job changes it would require large system changes.

If we were to address this, we would also have to figure out how abilities would be ordered when you are, for example, WAR/DNC and then you become DNC/WAR, so this isn't something that would be easy to address.

We're looking into making adjustments to how the job ability list is stored, but it would be very difficult to address. Should things change we'll be sure to provide an update.
    (4)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Player
    I would think it would be obvious. For DNC/WAR you have all of DNC abilities listed first, then /WAR abilities. For WAR/DNC you have all of the WAR abilities listed first, then DNC abilities beneath them. The pattern should be: Main job abilities first, followed by subjob abilities below them.
    (4)

Grekumah, if storing the list of abilities is the issue I think it would be best to add an option to remove the manual order feature altogether. Because for me the main issue with this is how the game shuffles the abilities around at random, and I would much rather just have a default job / sub order with no manual rearranging option instead.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I would think it would be obvious. For DNC/WAR you have all of DNC abilities listed first, then /WAR abilities. For WAR/DNC you have all of the WAR abilities listed first, then DNC abilities beneath them. The pattern should be: Main job abilities first, followed by subjob abilities below them.
    Don't be silly, they know that already. What Grekunah is talking about are the issues with the way the system stores the order of abilities for when you move them around manually. That is the list that gets corrupted or whatever and shuffles the abilities in the menu as a result.
    (0)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    could always just make them alphabetical
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Another solution would be to simplify the keyboard entry commands from /ja "Skill name" <target> to just be /skill name target
    Or give us more macro lines/spaces so people can preset more macros per job and not have to worry about a list.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74

Updates Shifting stuff around after the fact it has completed!

This seems also to be happening with job abilities or traits after the version updates/maintenances have occurred and not only does it keep on happening in those particular area's.

It's also happened several times over the years with my mog house furnishings, items in the mog safe & storage safe always automatically getting reshuffled around after.......

..........A connection lost or an erroneous error occurred resulting in the fxi game closing taking you back to the pol viewer screen with the exact error message being displayed acrossed it.

...............~{only upon logging back into the game you get to find out it's changed after the fact of the error occurred msg}~..........of course, not only for those items in storages and furnishings.but its still the same for it occurring to the job traits/abilities list as well.

It seems to only happen to whichever one I open up first to look at, then its shown as all ready reshuffled out of placement order from which I had everything set at or took the time and manually sorted to only again be reshuffled out of the order. Any fix to these not happening again would be great, thanks!
    (0)
    Last edited by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle; 12-13-2014 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Edited for the hard to comprehend readers who are very bad at reading!!!!!!
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

9. 12-12-2014 08:21 PM

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteYogorockBlondelle View Post
    This also seems to be happening with job abilities and traits after the version updates and maintenances have a ocurred but not only there its occurring, it has occurred several times over the years with my mog house furnishings and items in the mog safe & storage as to be automatically reshuffled after an erroneous error occurred resulting in the fxi game closing with an error msg back at the pol viewer screen but upon logging back into the game after the after the fact it still occurs for not only for those storages and furnishings but to the job traits/abilities list as well but seems to only happen to which ever one I open up first to look at, then its shown reshuffled out where I had set everything at manually sorted to only be reshuffled out of the order in which I had everything set as. Any fix to these not happening again would be great, thanks!
    If I understood you correctly: when you crash your inventory gets shuffled.

Try not to write with a run on sentence.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    The worst is when you d/c suddenly while zoning, and the whole thing resets to new adventurer mode, with the fuglee windows colour and "Help! I'm being chased by multiple enemies at <pos> !" macro sets. I actually like those macros lol, but they aren't very useful for me these days.

"Luring <t> with Dia!"

XD
    good thing you saved your macro sets to server and can just reload them.
    (0)

Player YosemiteYogorockBlondelle's Avatar
    Blondelle = Sandy, Windy\{S}, Bastok All Completed. YoGo: Basty+Sandy Rank: 10~Sandy {S}: UnComplete
    Character
    Yogorock
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 74
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    If I understood you correctly: when you crash your inventory gets shuffled.

Try not to write with a run on sentence.
    I didn't realize you had such bad comprehension and very bad reading childhood skills and it must be very hard for you to read books or even really long books in real life as well, i'd guess I can see it must be really hard for you to focus on anything in life as well. My article has been edited in your pleasure to correct "your hatred towards it" being written, your welcome!!
    (0)
    (Yo-Sim-Mit-Tea is the correct pronunciation. It is how its spoken, folks.) Come over & visit awhile to many posted changes to the life of Vana'dial. You can find past posts found by a link, pops up with Char name highlighted, thanks!
    I'm Wishing to see the Greatness in all players suggesting changes to ffxi ahead, here's to the Future of FFXI, Cheers Mate!!.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast