Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lostrose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know what server you come from but here in Odin I am lucky if I get 2K bayld per lair reive as there are usually 3,4, or more ppl on them in all zones pretty much at all times. I am actually lucky if I find them up even; lets forget about colonization reives. Was able to fight 1 in over 2 hours.....
    Yes salvage and dynamis are alimited amount of time but percentage wise you get more accomplished in 1.5 hours of salvage towards a mythic then farming bayld 24hrs a day towards an Ergon.... Please stop this nonsense and do some real calculations.....

Also ppl are bazaring litterally thousands of alex and currency every single day in Upper Jeuno. My husband started a mythic a month after I started my ergon, we play roughly the same amount of time and do the same events, well he is 5-6 times ahead of me already with much less effort.

I am sorry but it is obvious that people saying ergon are easier to get didn't work out the numbers....

Calculating to obtain 150 alex from a salvage run:

(150 * 13,099)/30,000 = 65

I would have to make 650,000 bayld per day to compare to 1.5 hours of salvage run.... gimme a break......
    Also most ppl do not just farm alex but also buy it.... well too bad H-P Bayld in bazzar = 0
    (2)
    Last edited by Lostrose; 10-14-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Character
    Lostrose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    the GEO/RUN weapons are not the hardest to make, just time consuming. They are soloable. The hardest weapons to make are mythics as there are certain assaults that just can't be solo'd, like lebros supplies (assuming, like me, you aren't one of those people that moves a million miles per hour)
    Sure because 2.5M plasma points can be soloed.... you can shout 5 min and get a couple buddies to do assaults.... most of them can be soloed anyway...
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Liteholt View Post
    I'm not quite sure where this whole attitude of "H-P Bayld is hard to get" comes from. I myself can go out to Marjami, Kamhir, or Yorcia as a solo DNC, pull out my trusts, and just travel around smiting Lair and Colonization Reives. In those three zones, I average 5k bayld per Colonization, and 2-4k per Lair. So a good day's work, I can stack up enough bayld for 10 or more H-Ps. Sure, it would take a while to get the 13,000 or so that would be needed to finish a weapon... but look at it compared to Alexandrite or Dynamis coins. You can farm bayld almost anywhere in Adoulin with extreme ease, and can farm it all day long if you want. Dynamis you get 2 hours per day, Alex you get 1 hour 40 min (and even then, depending on which zone you do, you have a differing amount of guaranteed pieces, and have to get pretty deep into the zone before you get anything at all).
    Question, how many hours is "a good day's work?" 100k bayld is no joke, and for 10 H-P Bayld? Even if you priced them at 100k each (which is much more than the going rate and would make Ergon weapons cost over 1.3 billion gil), the gil/hour is still worse than Salvage or Dynamis.

No event reliably drops H-P Bayld except WKR, which cost the equivalent of 1.5 H-P Bayld to join. The only reliable ways to get it that are worth the effort are Courier's Coalition and AFK botting lair reives. I don't condone the latter but if not for those people I can't even imagine how dry the market would be.
    (3)

Character
    Timbit
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Well I can only hope the ridiculously low supplies of HP Bayld across all servers is being taken into consideration and possibly addressed as part of this planning phase:

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    We currently do not have any plans to boost the amount of Heavy Metal Plates or other similar materials when dropped, but we do understand the demand for these items.

Though still in the planning stage, the development team is looking into increasing the opportunities to obtain these items. We’ll keep you posted on the progress!
    Personally, I would make HP Bayld guaranteed drops from Colonization Rieves and have the Aged Boxes of HP Bayld guaranteed drops from WKR. That would address the pathetic amounts of HP Bayld we're seeing across all server economies and hopefully counter the absurd amounts of price gouging.
    (1)

Character
    Lostrose
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    1) Bonus Bayld Campaign
    Lair, colonization, and wildkeeper reives will receive evaluation bonuses throughout the duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.

Great way to deal with the botting problem...
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostrose View Post
    1) Bonus Bayld Campaign
    Lair, colonization, and wildkeeper reives will receive evaluation bonuses throughout the duration, doubling bayld and experience gains.

Great way to deal with the botting problem...
    How is botting a problem if it's increasing the supply of H-P Bayld?
    (2)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Is it really a problem? Speaking as someone who is buying H-P Bayld, if these players weren't farming bayld nonstop I don't know how the ergon weapons would ever get made. I've been farming bayld myself from my mules imprimaturs. I think after about 6 months of not wasting a tag I will end up with 1 million bayld per mule (101 h-p). I have been farming yorcia skirmish which is slightly faster but buying up all the parts on the server I am only able to generate about 4,000 h-p through that route and the time invested for that is substantial. The rest of the h-p I am buying from other players. Most people selling have 1 - 20 h-p but the farmers usually provide me with 50 - 100 a day. I am not able to buy from all of the farmers because some of them want far more than I can afford and all of them sell out fast. I will end up having to buy roughly 8,500 h-p from the server and at 200 a day it is going to take me 42 days of diligently camping bazaars to finish. Unfortunately I have a real life and a job and I can't camp bazaars 24 hours a day. Attack the farmers all you like but in my opinion they are providing a useful service to those of us who want to make ergon weapons.

I should probably add that the best answer would be if SE would make H-P Bayld more available. If there was a better supply people would not bot lair reives. I will also reiterate that just because someone is fighting a lair reive it does not prevent you from also joining it (which I did several times while trying to get credit for imp rankups). Beat them to the trash mobs and take hits and deal damage and you will still get full credit. Also from a time spent standpoint I think lair reives are a miserable way to farm bayld. You get between 1000 and 2000 bayld. If you're interested in farming bayld from reives it seems like wildskeeper reives would be the better route.
    (1)
    Last edited by Hoshi; 11-30-2014 at 07:27 AM.

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Is it really a problem? Speaking as someone who is buying H-P Bayld, if these players weren't farming bayld nonstop I don't know how the ergon weapons would ever get made. I've been farming bayld myself from my mules imprimaturs. I think after about 6 months of not wasting a tag I will end up with 1 million bayld per mule (101 h-p). I have been farming yorcia skirmish which is slightly faster but buying up all the parts on the server I am only able to generate about 4,000 h-p through that route and the time invested for that is substantial. The rest of the h-p I am buying from other players. Most people selling have 1 - 20 h-p but the farmers usually provide me with 50 - 100 a day. I am not able to buy from all of the farmers because some of them want far more than I can afford and all of them sell out fast. I will end up having to buy roughly 8,500 h-p from the server and at 200 a day it is going to take me 42 days of diligently camping bazaars to finish. Unfortunately I have a real life and a job and I can't camp bazaars 24 hours a day. Attack the farmers all you like but in my opinion they are providing a useful service to those of us who want to make ergon weapons.
    Quoting for emphasis. It's not so much that botting reives is the problem, but that gaining HPBs is a problem. I really do think SE meant well when they made HPBs buyable with 10k Bayld, assuming everyone sitting on millions of Bayld would convert it. That however isn't the case, since it's an active currency for SoA. Just this last update saw a new use added for it, 300k to exchange your mission ring. What about if/when ilvl increases and the Peacekeepers offer new gear for Bayld? Things like that will continue to keep the general population from selling off their Bayld reserves, while those who are willing to bot reives supply the materials needed for Ergons to even exist. Without them, I highly doubt there'd be as many finished as there are. And even then, there's still very few completed Ergons across the servers.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    There is a point to be made that SE will look at current rate of H-P Bayld generation and decide that the current amounts are adequate when they really aren't.
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    That's possible I guess and that would be a shame =/. I would argue even the current rate of generation is insufficient.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast