Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lostrose View Post
    I think the point of this thread was totally lost.... I don't know why Protey is so touchy about Mythics, but I am sorry this is not the thread to post about it. This thread was made because the HPB supply is too low compared to demand, and the acquisition methods are not balanced compared to other weapons. If you want to complain about Mythics please open another thread <.< and stop ranting about it.
    you say not to talk about mythics... then you go right into comparing ergons to other weapons. hypocritical much?

and if you want to talk about balance... make sure in your drive for balance you push to have relics more difficult to get.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Actually, looking at progress per hour, if you have control of 6 characters doing yorcia in and outs puts you at .4% progress per hour (assuming you average 16 runs an hour - 52.8 hpb). It also lowers the cost of the weapon substantially (although what is your time worth). With that being said the supply of skirmish parts is finite and having control of 6 characters may not be possible for everyone.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    . Only real defense to it IMO is ignorance of the botting situation behind HPBs acquisition.
    I did read about the botting in the thread... I just don't see how increasing the supply helps here, other than making it even less interesting for players to farm them, thereby increasing the incentive for botters.

Anyway, I don't think it's perfect as is, obviously but making the price on them lower (via increasing supply) isn't going to convince more characters to farm them.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I did read about the botting in the thread... I just don't see how increasing the supply helps here, other than making it even less interesting for players to farm them, thereby increasing the incentive for botters.

Anyway, I don't think it's perfect as is, obviously but making the price on them lower (via increasing supply) isn't going to convince more characters to farm them.
    Increasing the supply you're able to get legitimately makes it so those who wish to build them can feasibly build them on their own. Higher supply doesn't necessarily mean lower prices, but even if it did, it'd balance around a fair price for the experience as a whole, much like Alexandrite and Mythics did.

7k Alexandrite doesn't suddenly mean doing Salvage isn't good money, because you're making 100+ Alexandrite in a below average run. If HPBs from an event were balanced correctly, it'd eventually hit a similar mark, where for an hour of your time, you can make a mil or two with some luck. Unfortunately, as it is, you'd be lucky to make a few hundred k for an hour of your time, and if you're aiming to build one, you're not even really making a dent to your needs in that time.
    (2)
    7/10/14

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Increasing the supply you're able to get legitimately makes it so those who wish to build them can feasibly build them on their own. Higher supply doesn't necessarily mean lower prices, but even if it did, it'd balance around a fair price for the experience as a whole, much like Alexandrite and Mythics did.

7k Alexandrite doesn't suddenly mean doing Salvage isn't good money, because you're making 100+ Alexandrite in a below average run. If HPBs from an event were balanced correctly, it'd eventually hit a similar mark, where for an hour of your time, you can make a mil or two with some luck. Unfortunately, as it is, you'd be lucky to make a few hundred k for an hour of your time, and if you're aiming to build one, you're not even really making a dent to your needs in that time.
    You make good points. Everything you're saying makes sense. It does sound like increasing supply could be a good thing as long as it wasn't just botters flooding the market in response. Though I will say, when AC drops in price my desire to do dynamis drops significantly, even if it's still a good money maker so it has to be balanced.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Actually, looking at progress per hour, if you have control of 6 characters doing yorcia in and outs puts you at .4% progress per hour (assuming you average 16 runs an hour - 52.8 hpb). It also lowers the cost of the weapon substantially (although what is your time worth). With that being said the supply of skirmish parts is finite and having control of 6 characters may not be possible for everyone.
    Well to compare to salvage if you did have 6 characters you could also try doing 6 salvages at once. Assuming you don't do those crazy position hacking stuff it'd be ~100 per character in 30 minutes so 4% progress per hour... except you can only do half an hours progress a day and of course running 6 characters thru a zone separately at once is much harder than just camping 5 out while 1 does all the running
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6