Nice to see some high-tier battlefields where RUN is going to shine
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not as much as you might think, the avatars vary wildly in the number of elemental abilities they use. They should have done upgraded versions of the carbuncle prime quest's avatars instead if you ask me, since those all have a bunch of elementals as adds.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but all the high tier battles are just that, higher level versions of the monsters and don't have changed mechanics or anything.
    (0)

All 6 avatars have a T2 and T4 nuke BP, a merit BP and their Astral Flow BP. Just hitting Vallation and One For All before Astral Flow is enough reason to warrant taking a Rune Fencer, if you ask me.

The differences between them is how many physical BPs they have, or how many buffs/cures they have instead.
    (0)

their Physical BP's could be pretty dang annoying to deal with TBH, some of them hit quite hard... but their Magical ones are pretty bad too... so I'm willing to bet people will go with Aegis/Ochain still cause while RUN will strongly resist their magic BPs, are still going to be eating sh*t when it comes to the physical ones, and I imagine they'll hit pretty hard on normal swings too...

Still, if I'm wrong and RUN shines, I'll be really happy, cause that job just does not get enough love.

As far as high tier battefields just being higher level version of older fights? Yah, I think that sums it up quite well... I'm pretty sure none of them had any drastic behavior differences, outside of sometimes new weaponskills (which likely means the avatars will get their 76+ BPs)
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    All 6 avatars have a T2 and T4 nuke BP, a merit BP and their Astral Flow BP. Just hitting Vallation and One For All before Astral Flow is enough reason to warrant taking a Rune Fencer, if you ask me.

The differences between them is how many physical BPs they have, or how many buffs/cures they have instead.
    well thats what I mean to say- some avatars have more physical pacts thus are more likely to use physicals.
    (0)

Player
    Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but all the high tier battles are just that, higher level versions of the monsters and don't have changed mechanics or anything.
    The majority of the battlefields (or all) have completely new attacks and mechanics.

As *one* example, instead of using mistmelts to force Ouryu to land, you have to proc his elementals by hitting them with an AoE weaponskill, and then use magic damage on Ouryu.
    (1)

Thats like the only mechanic I can think of thats different. If anything a few have some new TP moves, but I don't think any of them have drastically different mechanics.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thats like the only mechanic I can think of thats different. If anything a few have some new TP moves, but I don't think any of them have drastically different mechanics.
    Maybe, but new attacks are new attacks. I know Ouryu does new stuff (ouch Terric Breath), the AAs, Shadow Lord, etc, etc...

New attacks are new things to overcome. As we can see the preview pictures, the avatars have !!'s, so there's something to proc, modes to change, mechanics, something.
    (1)

AA's don't have new attacks actuallly :| they use the same old stuff, as far as I know its the same for Shadow Lord too lol.

Though Mamool Ja guy got a new WS, same with RoTZ bosses.
    (0)

My summoner is very, very happy at this moment.
    Any drops aside, I've been dying for a new avatar battlefield to test my solo skills on.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast