Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Thats like the only mechanic I can think of thats different. If anything a few have some new TP moves, but I don't think any of them have drastically different mechanics.
    The majority do have something different or new, whether that's newer WSs, new TP moves, heightened resistances that limit or block old strategies, or simply new mechanics like Kam below 50% with his fetters.

Not saying these new things always succeed in creating challenging content, but to write it all off as "it's just the same" is equally silly.
    (1)
    7/10/14

Player
    AA's don't have new attacks actuallly :| they use the same old stuff, as far as I know its the same for Shadow Lord too lol.
    Arrogance Incarnate? Ark Angel MR using Cloudsplitter? I know Shadow Lord has new ones as well, I just don't have names.

Ark Angel MR uses Larceny, that didn't even exist back then.

These are just a few examples.

I would argue the reason they're adding the new battlefields is to give more use out of new blood pacts they're adding for all the avatars (beat up players with them), but that's just wishful thinking.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 09-26-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Funny thing is se might just give the avitars new moves as a teaser to smns, or heck even give them to the smns if you beat them
    "Your Ramuh has been granted additional power from the proto crystal of Thunder"
    Ramuh has learned: RIDE THE LIGHTNING ^.^/
    (0)

their Physical BP's could be pretty dang annoying to deal with TBH, some of them hit quite hard... but their Magical ones are pretty bad too... so I'm willing to bet people will go with Aegis/Ochain still cause while RUN will strongly resist their magic BPs, are still going to be eating sh*t when it comes to the physical ones, and I imagine they'll hit pretty hard on normal swings too...
    Between Batutta, Foil, Swordplay and choosing the correct SJ (/BLU or /NIN most likely), RUN can handle a lot of physical damage.

I can't think of any physical BPs that go through, or wipe shadows, except Rush of course being 5-hit can still give you some damage after wiping 3 shadows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    well thats what I mean to say- some avatars have more physical pacts thus are more likely to use physicals.
    Well, they all have the same # of BPs in total, so it's still a 3 in 9 chance to use a magic BP. Just that some are more likely to use a physical than a buff.

And PLEASE let Garuda use Fleet Wind XD

1 adjustment that could change the mechanics of these fights, is if they can use their BPs independently of TP, and on 2 separate timers for ward/rage like SMN can now.
    (0)

As far as high tier battefields just being higher level version of older fights? Yah, I think that sums it up quite well... I'm pretty sure none of them had any drastic behavior differences, outside of sometimes new weaponskills (which likely means the avatars will get their 76+ BPs)
    Well... Ouryu is pretty different... I don't recall elementals spawning in the NQ battle.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Arrogance Incarnate? Ark Angel MR using Cloudsplitter? I know Shadow Lord has new ones as well, I just don't have names.

Ark Angel MR uses Larceny, that didn't even exist back then.

These are just a few examples.

I would argue the reason they're adding the new battlefields is to give more use out of new blood pacts they're adding for all the avatars (beat up players with them), but that's just wishful thinking.
    Right, they did get Empyrean + New 2hours, but I belive Arrogance Incarnate is used by normal AA Elvaan? Or did hshe just get special treatment lol. Because Dragonfall and the like were in the normal fights.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-27-2014 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Well... Ouryu is pretty different... I don't recall elementals spawning in the NQ battle.
    Ouryu, Ziryu x4, Earth Eles and Water Eles in Ouryu Cometh (Cloud Evoker fight). Link
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post
    Between Batutta, Foil, Swordplay and choosing the correct SJ (/BLU or /NIN most likely), RUN can handle a lot of physical damage.

I can't think of any physical BPs that go through, or wipe shadows, except Rush of course being 5-hit can still give you some damage after wiping 3 shadows.
    You're correct in thinking no Physical BPs ignore shadows, only their elemental BPs do that. However, unless the BPs are more nerf than in comparison to the 75 fights, I can't see a RUN living through a Spinning Dive or Titan's BP if it lands, but I imagine your have enough JA's to live through Astral Flow and such.

I just haven't seen a good RUN in action TBH, no one wants them, so I don't know how well a RUN/NIN would hold hate, Idk how well they can take a Physical BP and such. I know they have Parry and Evasion, but parry and evasion don't give PDT like a shield block... what I mean by that is if your Evasion/Parry check fails and a Physical BP hits you for full damage, is it going to one shot you? Because as THF who lived off Evasion, I know full well how badly I can die horribly if my evasion check fails.

I know RUN has the ability to do -50% PDT in their TP sets with not too much trouble/sacrifice, and I know it can even go as far as -75% if you have Mythic (and if they do have Mythic, I can see this not being an issue), but sub Mythic?

Wish I knew more RUNs
    (0)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaking View Post
    Funny thing is se might just give the avitars new moves as a teaser to smns, or heck even give them to the smns if you beat them
    "Your Ramuh has been granted additional power from the proto crystal of Thunder"
    Ramuh has learned: RIDE THE LIGHTNING ^.^/
    Hopefully they're not nearly stupid enough to do something like that.
    (0)

You're correct in thinking no Physical BPs ignore shadows, only their elemental BPs do that. However, unless the BPs are more nerf than in comparison to the 75 fights, I can't see a RUN living through a Spinning Dive or Titan's BP if it lands, but I imagine your have enough JA's to live through Astral Flow and such.

I just haven't seen a good RUN in action TBH, no one wants them, so I don't know how well a RUN/NIN would hold hate, Idk how well they can take a Physical BP and such. I know they have Parry and Evasion, but parry and evasion don't give PDT like a shield block... what I mean by that is if your Evasion/Parry check fails and a Physical BP hits you for full damage, is it going to one shot you? Because as THF who lived off Evasion, I know full well how badly I can die horribly if my evasion check fails.

I know RUN has the ability to do -50% PDT in their TP sets with not too much trouble/sacrifice, and I know it can even go as far as -75% if you have Mythic (and if they do have Mythic, I can see this not being an issue), but sub Mythic?

Wish I knew more RUNs
    I have -51% PDT with Aettir (it can go to -55%) and with Embolden used on Protectra V, I can get my def VERY high as RUN/BLU (over 1600, maybe 1700) or as /NIN, you can practically insta-cast shadows with a very short recast on them, with near insta-cast phalanx and stoneskin in reserve for when they are down.

As for hate tools, RUN is pretty much king here too, and it's even easier since they increased the distance of valiance to hit the whole party (450CE and 900VE per person).

But, you're right. While a good RUN is very good, a not-so-good one is useless.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast