Character
    Zerius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Why Are We Attacking the Velkk Again?

There's something a little fun and peculiar I've been wondering about since Incursion came out. I know that one of the things that's been emphasized with the SoA expansion was the lore. Maybe this has been answered in the CS leading up to participation in Incursion but why are we going and killing the Velkk besides the fact that they have things that we want?

As far as I can tell from the story-line the Velkk haven't really interfered in Adoulin affairs. They are aggressive but only because you're in their territory. However, the Velkk really haven't done anything to warrant our hostile response. If anything we're the bad guys in this scenario. Going into a foreign land and killing the inhabitants because they look funny and don't like us being there.
    (5)

very interesting question!
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Isn't the other guy having stuff we want the most common reason for invasion?
    (2)

Its just SE subtly reminding us we're all barbaric savages ravaging the land in search of loot.
    (0)

Character
    Gameesh
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its just SE subtly reminding us we're all barbaric savages ravaging the land in search of loot.
    Pretty much this.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    When Seekers of Adoulin came out, I expected the Velkk to figure into the storyline missions eventually, but we're getting near the end and that hasn't happened. Maybe SE intended to use them in the early stages of developing the expansion but changed their minds later.
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Last night I had trouble getting to sleep so I went to see if Incursion had ever been added to the official SoA page and LO IT HAD.

This is the blurb on the "whys":

Gramk-Droog the Vanquisher, the Velkk king, has pledged to fulfill an ancient prophecy--to take back the territory they lost to the founder king. To this end, he bequeathed tokens of power onto his most trusted generals, infusing them with demonic powers with which to slaughter his foes and seize territory for the Velkk.
    The Pioneers' Coalition has issued a most urgent edict: wrest control of these curios and halt the beasts' advance!
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Liteholt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    And I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but when you pull Gramk-Droog (or however his name is spelled), the Mega Boss of Incursion, a line of text pops up in the box:

"What you doing? Grrk-Frut, why you bring them here?"

So I'm guessing that there's something more that we just haven't seen yet, and it's a good question. Why is Grrk-Frut helping Pioneers, anyways?
    (0)