Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There's two great ways to farm sparks: Monstrosity and Abyssea. The former works for pretty much anyone, the latter is better if you have a job with spammable AOE. I went into Abyssea on GEO, stacked up magic boosting atmas and trained up colibri and spiders and -ra nuked the crap out of them with the "deal 500 damage 200 times" objective- you can easily complete that in a couple pulls since every monster hit counts. You can use your geomancy to avoid more damage and boost your nukes. BLU has been AoE killing stuff like that since abyssea existed (of course BLU has been doing this a lot longer)
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    Frankly I'd like to see the 6-10 chapters get a bit of a price cut. Haven't earned enough sparks for even 1 level 119 piece and I've been working on it for a couple months. Even 10K each would be more reasonable. I don't have access to a lot of the battles that drop these...
    Ch.1-5 aren't so bad but this I would agree with.
    (5)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    A minor drop would be nice for 6-10k sparks, but if they make it too easy to buy those with sparks then people won't want to bother with the difficult BCNMs. A drop in how many capacity points needed for a job point would be more welcome though. :P
    (2)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Rhonda
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Frankly I'd like to see the 6-10 chapters get a bit of a price cut. Haven't earned enough sparks for even 1 level 119 piece and I've been working on it for a couple months. Even 10K each would be more reasonable. I don't have access to a lot of the battles that drop these...

In before someone who has full 119 everything on several jobs and a couple cheated mythic weapons pops in to complain about solo players DARING to ask for a change that could make playing a bit more rewarding.
    Olor always delivers. An MMO shouldn't be designed around solo-players. Low-man? Maybe. Solo? No. Get a friend or two.
    (6)
    I know I'm an elitist. Deal with it.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    This is no longer the case, the whole genre has changed. Like it or not you're stuck in the past.

Every modern mmo (and ffxi is being modernised) aims content at solo and group play but MMO does not mean group only designs.
    Just because a lot of the "modern mmo" are solo friendly, doesn't mean it's a good design.

I recall one of the review for TESO gave it 6/10 or something because it has too much solo. Majority of the MMO players on MMORPG.come also complained about "modern MMO" being too solo friendly.

The fact is, most modern MMO die in 2~3 years and generally less fun than single player games when it comes to solo content. "Other MMOs are solo friendly" is barely a good reason to suggest FFXI should be solo friendly as well.

Even FFXIV, whcih is another MMO made by SE, is a lot more group oriented than FFXI.
    MMO content should base on group content period. If you enjoy solo just go play single player games, which is often 100x more fun than a solo MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Because they like playing FFXI, who are you to tell someone else how to play the game. Work for SE and design FFXI and maybe what you say matters otherwise your opinion is no more worthwhile than someone that logs on once a week and solo's for sparks for 10 mins to get some gear.

You don't have to be a good player to play ffxi and you don't have to want to do alliance conetnt either, it's living breathing world of players with different levels of abilities and desires of what they want in an mmo. One of the best things about ffxi as opposed to other mmo titles is that variety of content and players.
    I think it's the matter of some ppl just pop on the forum and ask "I want this to be easier!" when they faced difficulty, instead of ask for advice on how to do stuff more efficiently.

No one is asking every player to "be good or want alliance content" in this entire thread. Most of the time, a bit of research or make friends can make the game a lot easier.....and more fun(IMO) to play as well.
    (2)
    Last edited by Afania; 09-23-2014 at 10:06 PM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1

In before someone who has full 119 everything on several jobs and a couple cheated mythic weapons pops in to complain about solo players DARING to ask for a change that could make playing a bit more rewarding.

You seriously have an issue with anyone that has better gears than you don't you? You either want them to quit so you can catch up, or try to hint they're all cheaters if they present opposite opinions.

You don't need a mythic nor full 119 AF to disagree with solo content in a MMORPG. Anyone that loves the MMO aspect of MMORPG has right to express opinions against solo content.
    (6)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    FYI you can currently get Chapters 1-5 for 2000 login points each during the current login campaign.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    FYI you can currently get Chapters 1-5 for 2000 login points each during the current login campaign.
    You're better off spending them on SKC though, 2000 LP will net you 66 of them, which should net you 3 or more Chapters through the BCNMs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Shirai; 09-23-2014 at 11:19 PM.

All I see here is "I can't be bothered to do the VERY EASY (since level cap was removed) mission fights to get access to a lot of the battles that drop these."

Frankly, if you can't be bothered to do the original mission battles, that can be done naked, you wouldn't bother to do the high-tier ones to get the rem chapters anyway; even if you did have access.
    (1)

Character
    Seig
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I have to agree with with Afania. These people are lucky they are even allowed to get chapters solo at all. Besides, the battle fields are not that hard to get access too. You can probably get to sky in a week or 2 depending on how casual you are. Same with Sea. It is sad to see that no one wants to do content anymore. No one wants to do the story lines when Final Fantasy is known for their story telling. Olor has been complaining for months about not having access to these battle fields and other content through story lines, where if she stepped out of the forum to stop complaining with in that time, she would have access by now. I was able to get chapters 6-10 with the AAs alone and I still see shouts for those. According to you, I probably cheated to get them.

which brings me to your cheating comment on getting a mythic. The only way you can get a mythic easy is if you win the bonanza events. Other then that, there is no easy way or "cheating" way about it. People that have mythics worked their ass off to get them. As far me, I have no mythics but I do have a couple jobs in 119 gear and I am not even a hardcore player anymore. The difference is that I am not afraid to get my hands a little dirty to get it.

As far as chapters 1-5 go, Most, if not all of the battle fields can be soloed now with trusts. Hell, I was able to solo a few of them on normal with Blu. Even if you get 2 or 3 others with you, you can still get these chapters through battlefields with out having to farm sparks for hours. And by the way, these last couple of lines are not meant to sound snarky. I just think it is worth it to point out that you do not need a full party to make progress with chapters 1-5. It may take a little research and planning and trial and error depending on what job you try to solo or duo with in the battle fields, but I know for a fact if you have blu, you can solo all chapters 1-5. And if you don't have a lot of sacred crests, don't forget you can trade other seals for them with the guy next to the one you get the orb from.

Now, to close this, I have a question for some of you. Have you ever played a game to get every weapon and every piece of gear or skill in the game just to quit and never play the game again (or at least until you are bored and come back months or years later)? Personally, I have, and I am sure I am not alone in this. Fact is if things get made too easy to get or less grind, once you get everything, really, what else is their left to do, other then just standing around in Jeuno showing off your gear. Pay to Play MMOs needs grind content for people to continue to pay the monthly fee. Otherwise, forget about making things easier, you won't even be able to play because the servers will be down. Why, you ask? Because everyone has everything and has moved on. Even now, I know some hardcore players that leave when they get everything and come back when ever new content is released. If things get made any easier then they are now, there will be no reason for anyone to subscribe. or at least not until they raise the cap to 129.
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast