Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Please SE lower the sparks requirements for Rem Chapters 1-5

So hard to get a party for those SKNM nowadays, i returned recently and no one shouts for that and shouting for it doesn't help me either.

My only option is through sparks and 7500 for EACH is too much imo. You guys from SE could think about lowering the cost of each chapetr 1-5 to at least 5000 sparks each?
    (7)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    One of the problems is that people spammed the Bcnms a lot at the beginning, and some people have stocks of hundreds of chapters and don't need to do the bcnm again for a long time.

My LS friend has hundreds of chapter 1-5's, because he farmed the bcnms on solo when trusts were allowed to be called in the bcnm, it became possible to solo the medium tier battles. He was trying to get the actual items in the bcnm and he got hundreds of chapters by the time he got the item he wanted.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Have you upgraded your AF to +1 in order to cut the cost from 10 down to 5? I have 3 pieces of gear at 109, and 4 at 119, all with REM tales bought with sparks. If you log on and kill 30 mobs a day (overlap limited time challenge and daily kills) you can get 2 copper vouchers and turn them in for 1000 sparks each. It may feel like it takes a long time, but if are playing solo anyway, it won't really matter.
    (3)

7500 sparks is SO easy to get.

Especially if you have any mules, since you can do daily rewards on them as well, and send the rem tale chapters to your main from them.

And, if you have a friend, ask them to join you in a party and cast protect on them 50 times. voila! 2100 sparks and 3 copper vouchers. Per character.
    (5)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    One of the problems is that people spammed the Bcnms a lot at the beginning, and some people have stocks of hundreds of chapters and don't need to do the bcnm again for a long time.

My LS friend has hundreds of chapter 1-5's, because he farmed the bcnms on solo when trusts were allowed to be called in the bcnm, it became possible to solo the medium tier battles. He was trying to get the actual items in the bcnm and he got hundreds of chapters by the time he got the item he wanted.
    I realize it probably depends on the job and the bcnm but now that you can (again, apparently) use trust in the BCs, I had tried to solo one on Very Easy (not being sure how difficult it would be) as a GEO/SCH, with all ilvl gear 109 or higher and I got FLATTENED. on "Very Easy." (It was one of the Sacrificial Chamber ones, the one with 4 sahagin- I slept them as guides said but they only stayed slept for a matter of seconds and the mobs had a TON of HP- I didn't even kill one before they wiped my NPCs then myself). might try again having you say that with my PUP which is near full 119 now, but I was pretty discouraged that I couldn't do "very easy" with 3 NPCs and readily available ilvl gear.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    I realize it probably depends on the job and the bcnm but now that you can (again, apparently) use trust in the BCs, I had tried to solo one on Very Easy (not being sure how difficult it would be) as a GEO/SCH, with all ilvl gear 109 or higher and I got FLATTENED. on "Very Easy." (It was one of the Sacrificial Chamber ones, the one with 4 sahagin- I slept them as guides said but they only stayed slept for a matter of seconds and the mobs had a TON of HP- I didn't even kill one before they wiped my NPCs then myself). might try again having you say that with my PUP which is near full 119 now, but I was pretty discouraged that I couldn't do "very easy" with 3 NPCs and readily available ilvl gear.
    I haven't solo'd them myself, but on my LS is a Blue Mage who solo's those for the gil items and for fun. He joked that if he ever built a house in Vanadiel, he would build it out of REM chapters 1-5 because he's got hundreds lol. He uses the cure trusts and he kills the mobs by sleeping them when this is possible, and fighting them one by one. I know he does Easy mode a lot but also Normal sometimes. I duoed with him once when I needed chapters, and he has good strategies for each bcnm.

Btw I wasn't saying that soloing bcnm was a way for people to farm chapters, if they are new players or have low-end gear. I was just saying that one of the reasons less people are joining PUGs for these fights is that quite a few people have been soloing them and have chapters in storage in the hopes they will be of use for Empyrean armors.
    (1)

Character
    Makenshiroi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I was able to solo the antican one on very easy with my BLU (fairly average gear) and trusts. but in the end i started running out of seals ;_;
    (0)
    My FFXI "Where the hell is Mak" video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woxN-P-9a9Q

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    So hard to get a party for those SKNM nowadays, i returned recently and no one shouts for that and shouting for it doesn't help me either.

My only option is through sparks and 7500 for EACH is too much imo. You guys from SE could think about lowering the cost of each chapetr 1-5 to at least 5000 sparks each?
    You can either solo VE or farm sparks in abyssea, it takes less than 30 min to farm 7500 sparks.
    (0)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Don't need less sparks or that makes it too easy.
    (1)
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Frankly I'd like to see the 6-10 chapters get a bit of a price cut. Haven't earned enough sparks for even 1 level 119 piece and I've been working on it for a couple months. Even 10K each would be more reasonable. I don't have access to a lot of the battles that drop these...

In before someone who has full 119 everything on several jobs and a couple cheated mythic weapons pops in to complain about solo players DARING to ask for a change that could make playing a bit more rewarding.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast