Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Space Savers

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    God... I missed that thread, that response is rediculous.

These would only equate to inventory +7 per combine, Camate can tell "the team" we already do switch out our equipment to receive all the effects, but there's 0 game balance reason we should need to.

Don't pretend that by separating them by element that gives you the ability to make them more powerful, not only would game balance not come crashing down, it would have a minimal effect on it, if any.

In a game in which gearswapping weren't the expected norm and the system prohibited you from doing so, that justification would be fine. But not in XI, not remotely.
    The only things that could be considered OP when merging is things that would wipe your TP when switching (I think sachets might do that, but I'm not sure ^^. I can see them not wanting to combine those for that reason (The other things should be able to be combinable though). However, if we take a look at the C. Staff, they took off a lot of the extra enhancements (like damage down, etc...), so if these are combined, I could see the effects becoming slightly weaker.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    The only things that could be considered OP when merging is things that would wipe your TP when switching (I think sachets might do that, but I'm not sure ^^. I can see them not wanting to combine those for that reason (The other things should be able to be combinable though). However, if we take a look at the C. Staff, they took off a lot of the extra enhancements (like damage down, etc...), so if these are combined, I could see the effects becoming slightly weaker.
    1.) Ammo slot swapping doesn't remove TP.

2.) They made the Chatoyant staff STRONGER than any of it's predecessors for it's primary purpose (nuking) with the added effect of iridescence. Even on the ice staff which had the best stats specifically for nuking that were lost, the iridescence outweighs it by far.

Yes, people still keep earth staffs around for the PDT, and before new stuff came out fire staffs around for the Rattk, but that was it.

These are still originally Lv75cap items we're talking about, if anything, when combining, it they should make the new item slightly stronger, heck, or even notably stronger, as they did with Chatoyant, but I'd settle for simply a combine, for inventory+7.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2