Character
    Anidawehi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Please Help - Cannot reactivate second FFXI account

Sqenix Customer Support personnel really blow! They are useless!

Can someone here at least help me understand why I could activate one of my FFXI accounts, but not the other (error 401)? Old accounts, have had them for years. Have deactivated and reactivated them a few times in the past without incident. Deactivated last time a little over a year ago. I am using the same billing method and card for both accounts. The first one went through fine, second one gives me the error.

All the idiot at customer support could say was that the bank was rejecting the second payment. Really? Then how come when I tried a different card from a different bank, I got the same error? She repeatedly suggested I use crysta or a game card to reactivate the second account. And I repeatedly said I was not going to do that. Then she repeatedly suggested that I contact the bank to find out why the payment was rejected.. DAMMIT! It wasn't rejected! I got the same error when I used 2 different cards from 2 different banks, BOTH of which have more than enough funds in them to cover a $12.95 charge. My payment method was accepted by SE account management when I updated it... BOTH TIMES!

I had to hang up on the woman... she kept repeating that they are highly trained to handle these error issues... REALLY?!? I think not!

Anyone here know what's going on with this and how I can reactivate the second account successfully, WITHOUT going through the trouble of using third party and questionable payment methods? I refuse to go either of those routes.

I am very frustrated with this... I am not a genius, but my IQ level is way too high to deal with people like the rep I just spoke with. Her stupidity was incredibly painful for me.

I have 2 FFXI accounts and 2 FFXIV accounts... one of each for me and my son! SE needs to be more helpful to their customers than this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Anida; 09-18-2014 at 03:32 AM.

Character
    Anidawehi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I can safely assume that other players have come encountered Error 401 and have had the problem rectified somehow. I guess the community is about as helpful as Sqenix customer support.

Thanks all, most appreciated!
    (0)

Character
    Larien
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I redirect you to the following thread, wherein they had error 401, on the same page (first) of general discussion, just a little bit below your own:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ments-rejected

Read through the posts there - especially the last one - and you'll have your answer without needing to be all pissy at people for not replying, especially when it's not like the threads even move very fast on these forums often.
    (3)

4. 09-20-2014 09:08 AM

Character
    Anidawehi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Larien View Post
    I redirect you to the following thread, wherein they had error 401, on the same page (first) of general discussion, just a little bit below your own:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ments-rejected

Read through the posts there - especially the last one - and you'll have your answer without needing to be all pissy at people for not replying, especially when it's not like the threads even move very fast on these forums often.
    Not the same issue. His payment was rejected because of account management being down for maintenance. It was not down when I was trying to reactivate my accounts... obviously, because I was on the site and had already activated one of my accounts.

Here's what I think happened... either SE or the payment system won't allow 2 accounts to be activated one after the other. They blocked my card for 24 hours when I tried to activate the second account. Don't know the reason for that, don't care... it's annoying and an idiotic way to treat people are are trying to *give* you their money.

And yes, when I get annoyed, I get pissy, but it's not meant for anyone in particular to take it personally.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'm pretty sure that you tripped a flag when you tried to use the same card twice within a short period. After that they tend to give you the 401 error no matter what you do. It sucks but if you can wait a day or two and try again it might go through.
    (0)

Character
    Littleginge
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 69
    A question you knucklehead, are all your accounts on the same se id ? When they pulled this crap with me they said it was because one card is only allowed to per for one id and if they check and find out you are using it for other se ids they will block it.

I had 5 or 6 diffrent se ids i did this because if you ever get banned on one it takes out all the accounts on the id, so i thought it would be safer to make multiple se ids. What i ended up doing was using ultimategame card to pay which was great and super easy until that service got ended now i use becharge.co.uk to pay for ukash which is very similar.

It turned out that it was ultimatepay who was blocking everything and they even used to block my paypal account for paying which had more than enough money to cover all of my se ids, so if you use a payment method which can't be recalled you should be fine to reactivate.
    (0)

Player
    Square have all kinds of silly systems in place around their accounts dept.

Blocking out of region CC payments on accounts they used to accept payments from, I mean what stupid ass company does that? Having dealt with blizzard they have the mindset customer > stupid rules that lose them money. Square? Total opposite.
    Blocking payments from the same CC for different accounts randomly locks your account for 24 hours (which is asinine considering FFXI is one of the most dual box friendly games and they make huge profits from that).

Oh and as an addon, I know Square Enix has the worst customer service for almost any mmo that exists but it's not the CS agents fault really, it's the stupid company behind them that makes the rules they have to abide by.

The 2 best companies I've dealt with were Blizzard and Enmasse. Both of these companies have the company policy that customer > all. Square Enix do not share this company policy, they lose SO MANY CUSTOMERS to customer service issues that could easily be resolved but they simply don't care or don't understand that not fixing issues leads to lost profits. If anything I feel sorry for the CS staff working for this horrible company, sadly Square is an old stuck in it's way company that still thinks CS does not apply to an MMO.

Great game, horrible customer service company.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pixela; 09-20-2014 at 06:36 PM.