Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Currently PvM only rewards whichever player gets the killshot, so it discourages cooperative play. That was a major design flaw with the system, but it ended up not mattering because there wasn't any reward from it that was worth getting anyway.

Also, the best XP/Hr for Monipulators is in Buburimu Peninsula, where they have a massive advantage over monsters (and players) due to their extra HNM Instinct points.
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think it's pretty funny how the point penalty was added as an incentive for people to "fight seriously", but in reality, it's one of the biggest turn offs to the system. It just sets both participants' progress back so far in a system where non-PVP progress comes from an EXP grind that's somehow managed to be far worse than ordinary EXP grinding and the goals you're trying to make progress towards aren't even that big of a deal to warrant such a slog. I'm just trying to unlock a cool alt skin with the hopes it's not WAR/WAR again guys, not complete a Magian Trial.

Honestly, if they removed the Infamy/Prestige loss, I'd be even more inclined to "fight seriously" because that means I could be far more reckless and varied with my monster choices and playstyle. I'd be able to sit my monsters out in the most Gladiator-friendly parts of Xarc and Uleg all day, everyday without having to feel like "if I don't check the screen every 2 minutes I'm gonna come back to seeing my NM stars knocked off my icon."

All this wasted potential in Monstrosity is bumming me out super bad, man.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    On one hand I agree with you - on the other - if it isn't balanced for solo play the chances of Mon vs player pvp ever taking off are extremely low. They would need to add some awesome rewards for chars to bother building a level 90 cap gear set and form parties to take MONs down.
    due to the way monipulator's damage works, many monsters that seem impossible in Buburimu are actually quite possible to beat alone in ulegurand range (at least, on certain jobs).
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's interesting that they bothered to devote resources and development time into Mog Garden monster raising when there's clearly a demand for Monstrosity updates.
    (5)

^This. The novelty wore off it really quick. There's no cross-connection or benefit at all.
    (2)

Character
    Jybwee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 78
    I'm big on doing all the little extras in games but was overwhelmed coming back and starting form scratch. So it was taking me time to get around to Monstrosity. Then one day i was leaving Mhaura and there were 3 monsters sitting right outside. This insanely large tortoise towering over me, a lizard that seemed at least 30x my size in a beautiful array of colors, and a very nasty looking scorpion. My mindset was still in the last mmo i played (with open world pvp), so first instinct was to run. Then i quickly realized what i was seeing and started Monstrosity later that day. Now i have my own stable of creatures, none near a remarkable as the ones i saw that day... but one day... one day.

Really love the idea/feature and hope it can be expanded on in the future.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Jybwee View Post
    I'm big on doing all the little extras in games but was overwhelmed coming back and starting form scratch. So it was taking me time to get around to Monstrosity. Then one day i was leaving Mhaura and there were 3 monsters sitting right outside. This insanely large tortoise towering over me, a lizard that seemed at least 30x my size in a beautiful array of colors, and a very nasty looking scorpion. My mindset was still in the last mmo i played (with open world pvp), so first instinct was to run. Then i quickly realized what i was seeing and started Monstrosity later that day. Now i have my own stable of creatures, none near a remarkable as the ones i saw that day... but one day... one day.

Really love the idea/feature and hope it can be expanded on in the future.
    Unfortunately there is a MASSIVE drawback to monstrosity for new players...

Mainly the fact that you have to level any mage job and learn all the spells before you can use them as a monipulator of that job. Also, though not as important, if you take a monipulator to 75, but haven't taken that respective job (s) to 75, you lose out on the bonus from merit points.
    (1)

Character
    Jybwee
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 78
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post

Mainly the fact that you have to level any mage job and learn all the spells before you can use them as a monipulator of that job. Also, though not as important, if you take a monipulator to 75, but haven't taken that respective job (s) to 75, you lose out on the bonus from merit points.
    Oh wow, didn't know that about the mage jobs, ty. First job was whm 2nd was blm for a sub so... . But very good to know.
    (0)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Bebekeke View Post

I just discovered this when I was playing monstrosity yesterday ; ;

Time to level BRD and BLM... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Jybwee View Post
    This insanely large tortoise towering over me, a lizard that seemed at least 30x my size in a beautiful array of colors, and a very nasty looking scorpion. My mindset was still in the last mmo i played (with open world pvp), so first instinct was to run.
    Hehehehe. If you ever come on Odin, let's camp city/town gates with our huge monsters when we get them, maybe chase some unsuspecting newbies around. :D
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4