Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ris View Post
    I don't know... maybe it's not realistic with the game's current population, but I would actually really like take on a party of adventurers as a monster^^; It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, even if I lost!
    I'd be into being in the party fighting the mon... except as people noted above - no one wants to lose the points, and there are no reasons to actually do this because it hampers you entirely.

I mean, if I could at least use trusts, I'd consider it, because then I could level in those areas without it being horrible pain grind... but its just way too unrewarding and inconvenient at the moment.
    (1)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I did a whole lot of Monstrosity earlier this year when I had nothing better to do. I made a goal of both getting Toad 90 (for the awesome instinct) and unlocking Orthrus. I got Toad to 90 and Orthrus up to about 81, but I can barely muster interest in Monstrosity any more because there's so little to do with it. It's kinda fun playing as a big bad three headed beast, but the novelty wears off kinda quick when you see there's not really anything to do except walk around biting things.
    (1)

Character
    Darkbewd
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I don't know... maybe it's not realistic with the game's current population, but I would actually really like take on a party of adventurers as a monster^^; It sounds like it could be a lot of fun, even if I lost!
    You haven't lived until you've caught a player stuck in an animation with your gigantic super move, the satisfaction is like no other.
    (0)

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I'd be into being in the party fighting the mon... except as people noted above - no one wants to lose the points, and there are no reasons to actually do this because it hampers you entirely.

I mean, if I could at least use trusts, I'd consider it, because then I could level in those areas without it being horrible pain grind... but its just way too unrewarding and inconvenient at the moment.
    Those seem like good points... well, next time this gets an update, let's see if they ease up on those things a bit.
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Considering how much SE is always looking to keep us busy with content, I find it really strange that they don't see MvM as what it is: Semi-automatically renewing content in the form of PvP, ala Pokemon.

SE has already gone on record saying they're going to add more(we've been stressing to them, better) rewards, a MON Vs MON PvP system, party mechanics for monsters, exclusive content and special battles for monsters and more special traits and modes for certain monsters to make them closer to how they behave when we fight them(the examples SE gave were traits based on moon phase for Gnoles and flight for Wyrms).

I kind of have this vision for the future of Monstrosity in my head. After the release of all these systems, if you put them all together, I could see really dynamic battles taking place and for decent rewards if done right. Imagine, say, a 3 on 3 MON Vs MON battle:

"Elasmoth comes out of the gate with Blood Weapon and Souleater!"
    "But wait, Sibilus stops it in it's tracks with Oppressive Gaze!"
    "Here comes Amphiptere. He uses Reaving Wind to gain it's Knockback aura and bats the Sibilus away, freeing Elasmoth!"
    "But Amphiptere is weak to Bind and Boil stops him from wreaking havoc with it's Epoxy Spread!"
    "Oh, and now a surprise SA Pit Ambush from Onyx Antlion while it was burrowed. Too bad Boil can't fly, it would have be able to avoid that!"
    "Ladybug goes in for a SA on Elasmoth but it counters with Kick Out!"
    etc, etc

Then one of the teams win and you gain decent rewards. And then maybe after so many PvP wins, you might be able to(as an example of "special battles for monsters") have access to a special battle that lets you re-fight mission bosses you've already beaten on your character or something. I don't know, that just sounds so fun and the idea that such a thing might be possible had me extremely excited...

Will that ever happen? At this point, I'm not so sure...What a terrible waste of a potentially good system.
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Considering how much SE is always looking to keep us busy with content, I find it really strange that they don't see MvM as what it is: Semi-automatically renewing content in the form of PvP, ala Pokemon.
    Except that's not really what it is, because nobody does the pvp part. I'd actually be happier if people did tbh.
    (0)

Half of the issue with Gladiator, from what I've experienced so far, is that you can't run straight to Uleguerand range without having to get through a level-capped Xarcabard first!
    (0)

Character
    Mefuki
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That's a big part of what it WOULD be if SE updated it like they said they would. I have very little hope that GladiatorVMon will ever be balanced but MonVMon is a different story.
    (0)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5cfpeJGwi2KhQjNvCkk5Cg

Character
    Naveryn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 33
    Quote Originally Posted by Mefuki View Post
    I have very little hope that GladiatorVMon will ever be balanced but MonVMon is a different story.
    What do you mean by balanced? Just my $.02 but a big powerful monster shouldn't be soloable by an adventurer at the same level, IMO...
    (1)

What do you mean by balanced? Just my $.02 but a big powerful monster shouldn't be soloable by an adventurer at the same level, IMO...
    On one hand I agree with you - on the other - if it isn't balanced for solo play the chances of Mon vs player pvp ever taking off are extremely low. They would need to add some awesome rewards for chars to bother building a level 90 cap gear set and form parties to take MONs down.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast