Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Rudra's Storm Build

So now that WoE is back in vogue, I found it very easy to get the items to unlock Rudra's storm - however I can't find any good gearset suggestions for it.

Would anybody be able to suggest an optimal and maybe secondary best pieces for a Rudra's build? (I say that because I don't really have any Delve jobs so stuff like Quaxxo is usually not available for me...)
    (0)

Character
    Liteholt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    My setup for Rudra's Storm is as follows:

Charis Feather, Brutal/Moonshade Earrings, Whirlpool Mask, Soil Gorget and Belt, Qaaxo Harness, Buremte Gloves, Rajas/Epona's Rings, Atheling Mantle, Manibozho Brais (path A R15), and Iuitl Gaiters +1.

For an Acc build on evasive mobs, I swap in the Honed Tathlum and Toetapper Mantle.

If you don't have Qaaxo Harness, you could probably use Manibozho Jerkin path A (or path B, but A is more all-around useful). Basically you want as much DEX and Attack as you can get without sacrificing too much Accuracy.

Also, make sure you use Building and Climactic to stack Rudra's. I routinely see 6k+ Rudra's with just Climactic now since the update.

Edit to add:

DNC is a perfect job to get a Qaaxo Harness. All you need is a PLD and a WHM or SCH and you can trio Sinaa. PLD back-tanks it to avoid Mortal Blast, you melee it down. If it turns to you, simply turn away and let the PLD re-establish hate. Can take any number of DDs, just as long as people let the PLD maintain hate to back-tank it, and it's a supremely easy fight. The raptors and Umbrils near the pop spot drop shards, so just keep killing it until he gives up a harness, it's about a 10% drop.

And as far as DNC not being a Delve-worthy job, DNC works wonders in a Bee group. I clock in at 950+ accuracy and have little trouble actually hitting the bee, and I go /RUN for Gelus runes to help bust the Blink aura. DNC can also be useful on Shark, to help take some of the load off the WHM after a Mayhem, and to help get through the first 25% when he's strong against Blunt. Sure, it requires a bit of creative thinking, and a group that's willing to work with you, but DNC is far from bad inside Delve.
    (1)
    Last edited by Liteholt; 10-10-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Good to know - thanks for taking the time to respond! I haven't really tried my hand at delve - only had one tojil win so far, but its more an issue of not knowing what setups work with my jobs and the like.
    (0)

Character
    Liteholt
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    What jobs do you have? DNC can solo, or in some cases like Tax'et duo and Kurma trio, most of the Ceizak/Morimar/Foret NMs, though some are still beyond us due to their mechanics (I'm looking at you, Faded Craklaw!) At the very least, get your DNC geared to a point where you have about 900 accuracy (which can be done with Abyssea gear like the Anguinus Belt and 109/119 Relic pieces, as well as a few plasm pieces like Honed Tathlum). Then see if you can get your LS to do a low-man Bee run. A working setup is SAM SAM DNC WHM RDM BRD, though you can sub in a GEO for the RDM or another DD. Two SAM + DNC will murder EVERYTHING in Ceizak delve, and if they have Namas Arrow then Myungiwa will go down pretty quickly too. Delve boss gear you want to aim for are the bee pants, the Beeline Ring, the sash from Tojil (for an accuracy build, but Anguinus has the same amount of accuracy on it, so it isn't a priority), and the Whirlpool Mask and Izhiikoh from Shark. Eddy Necklace is a good macro piece for Aeolian Edge, but not a priority.
    (0)