Gil Supply Question

Ok, so I thought of this last night...

Do people still buy things from the npcs, and if so, what?

For example: If I'm building a mythic, I need what, 300million gil? I farm my own alex, but then do dyna once a day and get currency which I sell for gil. The person I sell the currency to is selling alex to fund his relic. And the person who sells both of those are buying popsets for delve and whatnot to sell the megaboss upgrade stuff.

There are some incidentals (60k for a eijenhar pop, 1k for a kup medalion, etc...) but where does the majority of the gil go? Back to the NPCs for sundries for crafting? To NPCs for pop items?

More of just a curious wondering/rhetorical question than anything.
    (0)

I still buy the occasional NPC'able if its price is considerably lower than the one on AH.

Regular things coming to mind are Echo Drops, Elshimo Pachira fruits and as you name yourself, the Kupofried medalions.
    Other than that, NPCs provide me with a large wad of gil as I sell them all the stuff I get from WoE/Incursion and the likes which I don't want to bother putting on AH.
    (0)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    I still will buy scrolls from those who sell them because most of the time their prices are cheaper than what someone puts up for the same scroll onto the AH. Though this is mostly for my mule. Smart drgs will buy angons from the npc.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Trump cards ftw! As a sidenote AH and hp warps take a bit of gil out of the economy too.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    As a sidenote AH and hp warps take a bit of gil out of the economy too.
    Completely forgot about those.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Before they were reduced, I'm pretty sure that the majority of gil costs came from AH fees, and then fees NPCs charge for services (not so much buying items from vendors).
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Remember the days of insanely priced crag chocobo?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Remember the days of insanely priced crag chocobo?
    OMG I DO!

... and I can't remember the last time I went on a chocobo ride... it makes me sad...
    (0)