Thread: Retrace Staffs

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Retrace Staffs

The Retrace Staffs have a 24 hour recast. Considering the amount of time to get one for its relevant nation, and the ease of getting both the Warp Ring and using a Home Point to teleport to the past, can the recast on these be changed to ten minutes or to an hour?

Baring this change, can they be added to a slip or craftable into some form of furniture so players don't have a constant inventory -3 for no good reason?
    (3)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Or maybe crafted into 1 staff with the option to retrace to any?
    (0)

Since the implementation of the Homepoint warps, haven't these become obsolete?
    (2)

Character
    Dragomair
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    They might be worthwhile if they have a low recast time and maybe combine able.

(Save you a few clicks from warping and then HP warping to the past.)
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The Retrace Staffs have a 24 hour recast. Considering the amount of time to get one for its relevant nation, and the ease of getting both the Warp Ring and using a Home Point to teleport to the past, can the recast on these be changed to ten minutes or to an hour?

Baring this change, can they be added to a slip or craftable into some form of furniture so players don't have a constant inventory -3 for no good reason?
    2 words... Retrace ring or let the scrolls stack (sort of like they did with the warp ring). I'm hoping that something like this gets introduced sooner or later.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    That's roughly what this post is about, check the details of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    Retrace ring or let the scrolls stack
    The scrolls are semi-redundant due to the Home Point warps, just like a Retrace Ring would be.
    (0)

The scrolls are semi-redundant due to the Home Point warps, just like a Retrace Ring would be.
    So because of homepoint warps, the warp scrolls and rings are semi-redundant too? There are times when I use the scrolls/staff (When I'm using multiple campaign ops and would rather retrace than set my homepoint in the past).
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    So because of homepoint warps, the warp scrolls and rings are semi-redundant too? There are times when I use the scrolls/staff (When I'm using multiple campaign ops and would rather retrace than set my homepoint in the past).
    No, because of the Warp Ring and the Home Point warps, Retrace itself is redundant.

Saying that because of Home Point warps that the Warp Ring - the thing that takes you to them so you can use them - is redundant is missing the point entirely.
    (0)

No, because of the Warp Ring and the Home Point warps, Retrace itself is redundant.

Saying that because of Home Point warps that the Warp Ring - the thing that takes you to them so you can use them - is redundant is missing the point entirely.
    Alright... so by that logic, they should take out the ability to warp both to your home nation, and your home point using tabs in a dungeon GoV area. And why bother having teleport crystals now that we can teleport out to the regions with various other means (waypoints). This would get rid of those rings. Oh, and that pesky Maat's cap that brings you to Jeuno, and the rings that warp you to various other cities, and the stable scarfs that warp you to a nation's chocobo stable, etc... the list goes on.

If having the retrace staffs bother you that much, you could always drop them.
    (0)