Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Player

How are players supposed to beat maat these days?

How is a player supposed to beat maat now?

There is almost no equip on the auction house, let alone level 70 gear. You can get weapons with sparks but not armor.

Am I missing something here? Friend started playing a few days ago and they can't gear up to beat maat.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Doing it on whm for my alt in AF worked for me, the survival method, dont hit, just run around like a headless chicken.
    (3)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well you can do the AF quests. I was in mostly AF when I did Maat as MNK back in 2005.
    (5)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Make sure all relevant combat/magic skills are capped, too. Using food can help as well.
    (0)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Sparks of Eminence. Buy armor with them.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Sparks of Eminence. Buy armor with them.
    I think all the Sparks armor is level 99, but anyone fighting Maat for the first time is capped at level 70.
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I personally level WAR to 70, cap out G.AXE and Raging Rush him to the face for the first Maat fight on new characters.
    why? because I am lazy, but WAR Maat is very very easy if you have capped g.axe skill.
    But yes, AF is perfectly acceptable for Maat fight, in fact if you are a brave you will do it right at 65 in all AF
    good luck!
    (1)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Had to fight Maat on a mule about a month ago. I did the fight as a level 70 monk and it was crazy easy. You can buy scrolls of protect and shell in adoulin and as people have suggested above wear AF.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    How is a player supposed to beat maat now?

There is almost no equip on the auction house, let alone level 70 gear. You can get weapons with sparks but not armor.

Am I missing something here? Friend started playing a few days ago and they can't gear up to beat maat.
    Started playing "a few days ago"?

If that's the case it sounds to me like the problem is he/she still doesn't know how to play the game well, rather than the lack of gear.
    (5)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Player
    The point of the thread is that it would be nice to have an npc at the side of maat that you can purchase level 70 gear (rings/armors etc) with gil or sparks so new players can enjoy and fight maat properly.

If you can no longer fight maat properly and gear up etc what is the point of still having the fight there?
    (2)

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast