Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    The point of the thread is that it would be nice to have an npc at the side of maat that you can purchase level 70 gear (rings/armors etc) with gil or sparks so new players can enjoy and fight maat properly.

If you can no longer fight maat properly and gear up etc what is the point of still having the fight there?
    Sorry that was my bad. I thought you were asking a genuine question and not making another complaint against SE cloaked in a rhetorical question.

I've actually seen several new players come through my LS over the past year and none of them seemed to have any trouble gearing up to fight Maat.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixela View Post
    Your server is not every server.
    again lame argument, last time i checked leviathan wasnt the most active server. last week we had at some point 340 people online, yet these items still get sold. I'm sure the situation is quite similar on Sylph.
    Lets do our homework and compare.
    sylph:
    staves: i disagree, NQ are on sale, HQ are sold all in a 3 day time frame (apparently someone took action last week and bought them instead of going on the forum to whine for free gear)
    neck: enfeeb torque one on sale
    mantle: HQ red cape sold yesterday
    rings: astral sold yesterday, ether ring in stock
    earrings: moldy easily farmed if you can get a high lvl to help you (since you're so adamant to cry for help for new people on the forum i'm sure you can find some spare time to farm one for the defenseless plebs) astral earrings 2 on AH
    (4)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    She wasn't asking for free gear, she was asking for a general vendor of some sorts for new players to be able to buy level 60-70 gear from for the Maat fight. There's a difference...

...However I would have to agree. There are items which can be farmed up for Maat fight rather easily if you're resourceful with wiki pages and the like.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's just that there are NPCs all over Jeuno and the three starter cities. You also get gear from doing the various "Conflict:" Records of Eminence objectives.
    (1)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    It's just that there are NPCs all over Jeuno and the three starter cities.
    Do these NPCs sell gear specifically for levels 60-70? I don't think so...
    (0)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    She wasn't asking for free gear, she was asking for a general vendor of some sorts for new players to be able to buy level 60-70 gear from for the Maat fight. There's a difference...
    Oh well then do tell what would be the appropriate price for these items? How much would a starting player be willing to pay? Anything beneath 50k I consider free in this day and age, making gil has never been easier. So yes, it would still be the same as handing out gear for free since we dont want to scare new people with to high prices...right?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    Oh well then do tell what would be the appropriate price for these items? How much would a starting player be willing to pay? Anything beneath 50k I consider free in this day and age, making gil has never been easier. So yes, it would still be the same as handing out gear for free since we dont want to scare new people with to high prices...right?
    Let's see... a wool cap (lvl 48) from the vendor is 45,760
    Judging by this, a hat/legs/feet/hands slot, could be 70-100k from a vendor for level 70.
    Body is a huge difference, let's make that 300k

Any of the big gems (diamond, ruby, etc...) can vendor from the guild merchant for up to 248,andchangethousand
    So we can say rings, earrings, and neckpieces (jewelry) could go for anywhere between 500k-1mil per piece. (up that if there are more jewels used)

Backpieces are clothcraft and leathercraft, so I'd think it would be about the same as a headpiece. 100k each.

You can get weapons from sparks. that's a freebie.

Total it up and you get... um... carry the 10, minus the mandy

~400k + 300k main set (HBHLF)
    ~2.5M - 5M for earrings, rings, neck
    ~200k for other accessories

3.5-6Mil. Quadruple that if you want the HQs.

(Add another 2mil if you want to get a weapon)
    (0)

Character
    Raxiaz
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    Anything below 50k you consider free? That's nice.

But what applies to you DOES NOT apply to the general whole. You must've never taken macroeconomics in school.
    (0)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamph View Post
    Let's see... a wool cap (lvl 48) from the vendor is 45,760
    Judging by this, a hat/legs/feet/hands slot, could be 70-100k from a vendor for level 70.
    Body is a huge difference, let's make that 300k

Any of the big gems (diamond, ruby, etc...) can vendor from the guild merchant for up to 248,andchangethousand
    So we can say rings, earrings, and neckpieces (jewelry) could go for anywhere between 500k-1mil per piece. (up that if there are more jewels used)

Backpieces are clothcraft and leathercraft, so I'd think it would be about the same as a headpiece. 100k each.

You can get weapons from sparks. that's a freebie.

Total it up and you get... um... carry the 10, minus the mandy

~400k + 300k main set (HBHLF)
    ~2.5M - 5M for earrings, rings, neck
    ~200k for other accessories

3.5-6Mil. Quadruple that if you want the HQs.

(Add another 2mil if you want to get a weapon)
    Ic it from a different perspective then you do which is the point of the discussion i guess. There are a couple of things to consider, If SE would sell gear through npc's with the goal to help new people with gear for their maat fight what are their options?
    -They can sell them cheap so everyone could do their maat fight with the smallest amount of effort. One of the last remaining low lvl quests that matter being turned obsolete. Why even still do maat quest then? maybe we can just ask to hand 10 beastmen seals to maat like they did with the other.

-They can sell them expensive as the prices you stated above. Would they still be catering to the new people then? whats the point in those prices. Yes new people go farm 8 mil~ so you can buy gear to do your lb? I think most new people would consider finding that crafter or finding that friend that will lend some gear, or just go camp that nm instead of farming 8 mil
    (0)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxiaz View Post
    Anything below 50k you consider free? That's nice.

But what applies to you DOES NOT apply to the general whole. You must've never taken macroeconomics in school.
    Thanks for your relevant comment, i'm sure the undergeared appreciate it and they will now see you as their beacon of light, defender of the poor.
    I wonder how long it takes nowadays to farm 50k... specially since we're talking about a lvl 66~70 quest
    (1)

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast